Gorilla Glue troubleshoot help needed!

425jesse

I recently was given 6 GG clones from strong and long mothers. They left their garden, in small but decent pots, sat in the dark for 18ish hours, and then made it into the tent. They were relatively perky looking upon arrival. They were in a coco/rockwool/perlite medium, and had not bottomed out.
fa460d238c78c20e49bd7b07d18bd0ed.jpg

3339a0b715326b646d48f08b00ddfa1b.jpg

When I got home that afternoon they had wilted a little, but I didn't worry about it. Transplanted ten into 3.5gal pots and watered a little. Within 48 hours they had drooped enough to make me worry.
a0e379d64697812c024ec79391c01ee9.jpg

Over the course of the next 48 hours, they started to perk back up, but we did have a low temp of 57 reached one night.
19a0898f81eb3aa869a944c93f3c9c51.jpg

Since then things have only continued to droop. I'm really becoming concerned now as this is how things looked this morning.
a8fc751e59828d10f363988425c619e3.jpg
086e90041b6b390ec0644c7e50be7f92.jpg

Here's what I have to offer for clues....
1. Medium was coco/rw/perlite before - only added more coco.
2. I don't believe there was any nutes (other than the clone gel) used on these before I got them.
3. I fed with diluted version of my canna nutes I'm using for my jolly Rancher Sativa (which is exploding with growth!!)
4. The GG was growing under MH before and is now under LED
5. I have no idea how the temps and humidity were at their previous home.

This is a view of the tent where the JRS and the GG are...are the lights too close? Food or water deficiency? Shock still after 6 days?

a4e42db4c0855e7e1de7b2298a2bacca.jpg

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm hoping to get these girls to perk up so I can flip to flower!!!

Cheers All!

I ran into something like that with my clones and calmag was the ticket. The light transition could also be a factor. I'll be interested to see what others say.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are you using any now? Typically if you're using RO or rain water it's 3-5ml per gallon. If it's tap water it probably has a bit of both in it so I'd try 3ml

Are you using any now? Typically if you're using RO or rain water it's 3-5ml per gallon. If it's tap water it probably has a bit of both in it so I'd try 3ml

I go to the local grocer, and fill my 5gal jugs with their 7 stage RO filtered water, as I use it in my fish tanks too. So sounds like I need to use calmag in my water....will I also use my normal nutes too?

Headed to your journal EB, thanks for the input!

From everything I know normal nutes from there. Might be worth running a search about the specifics about the particulars of your nutes+calmag. Hope it helps

Soil correct? If yes then I would keep using your RO and I would add 5ml to gallon, when did you feed last? Also cal-mag is a mobile def, so you can foliar spray, just make sure you spray under leaf also as that is where a lot of things get absorbed. Also could be from going from different types of light. MH is STRONG, I didn't read how many watts or brand of LED you have. I once moved a girl from under HPS to LED BC of flowering, they definitely droopped for a lil then adjusted. Cal-mag starts usually at bottom leaves and works up. It will start with pale leaves and then also have rust spotted leaves. LED is a cal-mag whore everything I do under LED needs cal-mag A Lot. Hope this helps any questions feel frew

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Bignugz420 I believe he still has them in coco, so that plus the LED is really a calmag drain

You need to soak that pot its in, never allow coco to dry out or its a death sentence. Maybe start with 1/4 strength nutes and water at least once a day. Water until you see runoff from the bottom of the pot. That should do the trick, i always add calmag to my rez at every changing.

Keep em frosty ya'll

You need to soak that pot its in, never allow coco to dry out or its a death sentence. Maybe start with 1/4 strength nutes and water at least once a day. Water until you see runoff from the bottom of the pot. That should do the trick, i always add calmag to my rez at every changing.

Keep em frosty ya'll

Thank you Pennywise, I've been fighting those plants for a few weeks now, and watering them like my soil girls. I was just slowly drying them out. They are looking much better, I will post update pics in a few days:)

You shouldn't be seeing any of that dry coco on top

So dry coco on top is enough of an indicator to water again? Should I see water in the basin after every watering? I'm so worried about overwatering that I've been underwatering.

So dry coco on top is enough of an indicator to water again? Should I see water in the basin after every watering? I'm so worried about overwatering that I've been underwatering.

Yes, you should be getting water runoff after each watering. I try to have an even layer of water when I pour, the whole surface covered.
It's nearly impossible to overwater the coco. ITS NOT SOIL!
You can't treat it the water you do soil. It has to be treated like a Hydro medium. The frequent watering will replace the oxygen that the coco is making available to the root zone. You should be watering everyday with nutes and calmag.

Kong is right, its nearly impossible to over water in coco, even when fully saturated coco still retains 30% oxygen. Its a Hydro set up for sure.

Keep em frosty ya'll

Back
Top Bottom