Correct Topping?

aliennnz

Hey guys I did my first topping on my plant maybe 1 week ago in the main stem, and yesterday i did it again, am i doing it right? (the plant had a little problem, lights fell off on her and she got pretty much burned.. all the burned leafs dropped out, so this is what she looks like now. she is 1 month old and 3 weeks.

What Strain is it? i dont have any idea (someone gave me the seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? dont know
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? VEGETATIVE
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 1 MONTH AND 3 WEEKS
Indoor or Outdoor? INDOOR
Soil or Hydro? SOIL
If Soil... What is in your Mix? no nutrients (no money for that now)
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 g
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 3 CFL 25 w each more of less
Is it Air Cooled? Have a small fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 22ºcelsius to 26ºcelsius
RH of Room/Cabinet? usually between 45% and 60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7 PH
Any Pests? NO
How Often are you Watering? USUALLY ONCE A WEEK, but i dump my thumb on soil and check if its dry or not
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? none
Size or Square Footage of Room? 33 cm by 12 cm

20170121_134943.jpg

20170121_134939.jpg

20170121_134754.jpg

20170121_134806.jpg

20170121_134732.jpg

20170121_134615.jpg

20170121_134533.jpg

20170121_134520.jpg

20170121_134450.jpg

20170121_134331.jpg

20170121_134350.jpg

20170121_134444.jpg

am i doing it right what u guys think?

Looks fine to me. Topping slows them down for a few days as they kind of reassess the situation and start growing from new spots. You'll see that the two tiny bits of growth on either side of where you topped will start to grow out, and become two new tops. At the same time, the lower branches will tend to grow out more than they were in the past, making the plant bushier/branchier.

Looks fine to me. Topping slows them down for a few days as they kind of reassess the situation and start growing from new spots. You'll see that the two tiny bits of growth on either side of where you topped will start to grow out, and become two new tops. At the same time, the lower branches will tend to grow out more than they were in the past, making the plant bushier/branchier.
True that i only realised it after this week because she stoped growing for a little bit but since yesterday she got a nice boost.. i also bend some of the big leaves to get light to the small ones. At 22 pm i will take some pics ita the time my planta wake up. I'll post some pics in 1 hour

Sent from my SM-J500F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

New pics of today january 27

420-magazine-mobile1129854950.jpg

420-magazine-mobile684683941.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1507271517.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1124820854.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2055910654.jpg

420-magazine-mobile93221649.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2054049485.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1651670747.jpg

420-magazine-mobile618185555.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1019152100.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2085179050.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1624996273.jpg

Basicly 2 months old plant..had some problems but what u guys think? Should i keep 18/6? Should i change the cool lights to warm? Thanks

Do you mean 18:6 or 12/12?
I would veg on 18/6 rather than 24/0 if that's what you're asking. Kind of a personal choice though.

As for putting her into 12/12 flowering- I would wait personally. Unless you're just in a hurry. I usually wait at least a week or so after doing some topping/ wait for the topping to take effect and some new limbs to grow-which is the point of topping it. . The plant looks like it's just starting to put some growth on and build a decent root system. If that's the final pot you're flowering in then I'd wait at least a week and then flip. (Actually I'd wait for longer but I have a bigger space). Don't worry about changing the light spectrum until it's a week or two into flowering.

Others may do it differently of course.

Hey cracker, releax hehe i do 18:6 since seedling stage do not worry! Bad english sorry

Nop not in a hurry, just wanted to know what i should do since i noticed some difference in her from one day to another, and smells as hell already! Well since this my first plant i think im gonn keep it on this pot, and yes i will wait more time to let it grow, last top i gave was nearly 1 week
ago so yeah thats why shes coming out now. I decided to tie her up since skme noodes didnt had light at all.. and i saw some roots coming out of the bottom of the pot..is it a bad situation? When i have my own place i will grow it bigger.. Many thanks

Dont worry about the roots.
In that case I'd flip in about a week or so when she's filled out a bit more. I like to have a good root system filling the pot when I flower, and I think she's not quite there yet.
Growth is exponential. Look that up if you have to. Basically it takes roots and foliage to make more roots and foliage. And the more you have- the faster they grow.

Dont worry about the roots.
In that case I'd flip in about a week or so when she's filled out a bit more. I like to have a good root system filling the pot when I flower, and I think she's not quite there yet.
Growth is exponential. Look that up if you have to. Basically it takes roots and foliage to make more roots and foliage. And the more you have- the faster they grow.
Ok i will do that then! You talking about the roots, this is what they look like right now if it helps ;)

420-magazine-mobile1486134421.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1563784157.jpg

Cheers man and thank you

They look happy. Though they look like maybe she's been overwatered a bit? Judging by the thick 'hydro roots' down at the bottom. Roots spread best when the medium gets a chance to dry out a lot between waterings. This is called a wet-dry cycle. This may account for the slow growth you were having. The best way to judge watering time is by lifting the pot to check the weight, and letting her dry almost to the point of wilting before watering- then (usually-not always) you can and should soak the medium down- which will be the start of another wet-dry cycle.

They look happy. Though they look like maybe she's been overwatered a bit? Judging by the thick 'hydro roots' down at the bottom. Roots spread best when the medium gets a chance to dry out a lot between waterings. This is called a wet-dry cycle. This may account for the slow growth you were having. The best way to judge watering time is by lifting the pot to check the weight, and letting her dry almost to the point of wilting before watering- then (usually-not always) you can and should soak the medium down- which will be the start of another wet-dry cycle.
It is true tought that last time i watered her i actually did over watered her by my mistake! You see, last time i did it before this one i used 1 cup and that ammkint of water qas fine to her, but then 5 days ago shd was dry and i watered with the same ammount but the soil looked dry and i put a bit more so yeah i did over water it last time!

Overwatering cannabis mostly means watering too often. I'd advise letting her go until she's wilting just slightly, then water. Observe how many days that takes. And also observe how light the pot is at that point, so you a weight to compare to when deciding when to water next.
When you put her in 12/12 she will drink less and need less water.

Overwatering cannabis mostly means watering too often. I'd advise letting her go until she's wilting just slightly, then water. Observe how many days that takes. And also observe how light the pot is at that point, so you a weight to compare to when deciding when to water next.
When you put her in 12/12 she will drink less and need less water.
Ok last time i watered was january 25 i'll wait

Back
Top Bottom