Advice on how to train my first grow

chinolatino

Hello to y'all

I'm very novice grower. This is my first real attempt. I have a very small space to grow, I am using one LED light 12 watts, and I want to have as many colas as possible, but I don't know when to start topping or just keep training. I started trainin her around 3 weeks after I transferred to this pot, ut I havent done more than that since, cos i dont know what to do next.

Could anyone advice please?

002_1.jpg
003_11.jpg
001_1.jpg

Before you say anything:

Fixed the light so yellow leaves are no more.
There is two difrrent trainings there, I hope you can catch it.

Thnk you

With 12w of light you won't be able to support more than 1 cola and some side buds. So the LST training you've done is plenty. I would tuck some of the fan leaves out of the way of developing side shoots.

If you double the light you can do a more extensive LST or scrog. In that case I would do a micro-topping on main stem (just pinch of the top most leaf pair just developing, the tiny ones you can't see unless you gently pull away the visible developing leaves). That will encourage side shoots and you will be able to tie them to outer edge of pot like you did with main stem already. That will give you a few colas, 4-6 max for that pot. More colas will just make smaller ones, not more bud.

Happy growing and welcome to 420.

With 12w of light you won't be able to support more than 1 cola and some side buds. So the LST training you've done is plenty. I would tuck some of the fan leaves out of the way of developing side shoots.

If you double the light you can do a more extensive LST or scrog. In that case I would do a micro-topping on main stem (just pinch of the top most leaf pair just developing, the tiny ones you can't see unless you gently pull away the visible developing leaves). That will encourage side shoots and you will be able to tie them to outer edge of pot like you did with main stem already. That will give you a few colas, 4-6 max for that pot. More colas will just make smaller ones, not more bud.

Happy growing and welcome to 420.

Thank you for your help, which was plenty! My plan is to set up space to grow 3 plants with these type of pots, so I m going to buy 3 more led lights and some cfls for backup. I will do what you suggested for this one and see how it goes. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom