24/0 lighting and sexual maturity in veg

Twalte

Hello,
Long time lurker but first time poster.

I've read that 24/0 lighting will result in faster growth than 18/6 lighting. Will a plant under 24/0 lighting reach sexual maturity sooner than a plant under 18/6, or would both plants need the same amount of time for alternating branches to appear?

Net, if I don't like to flip until my plants are sexually mature, can I flip sooner by using 24/0 veg??

Thanks for reading and any input you may have.

It's not up to you to judge when the auto plant is sexuly mature.... It's a built in day length response for photoperiod seeds.... There you have some control.... Autos have their genetic code that decides when to flower... You just get a bigger plant with more light, up to a point....
If you want more control, grow some photoperiod plants because you can control those plants from start to finish... You can finish a photo clone in a about 100 days to harvest, if you don't have any setbacks... But then that mostly depends on the grower...

It's not up to you to judge when the auto plant is sexuly mature.... It's a built in day length response for photoperiod seeds.... There you have some control.... Autos have their genetic code that decides when to flower... You just get a bigger plant with more light, up to a point....
If you want more control, grow some photoperiod plants because you can control those plants from start to finish... You can finish a photo clone in a about 100 days to harvest, if you don't have any setbacks... But then that mostly depends on the grower...

Thank you Dr Fish! I am growing feminized photoperiod plants and I've been running 24 hour lighting with considerable growth noticed compared to 18/6 lighting. I'm in my 3rd week of veg (day 27 since breaking soil) and the plants are already at 15 inches in height....even after being topped once.

I have always understood that one indication of sexual maturity (the ability to flower if flipped) is alternating branches on the plants. Once the branches start to alternate, the plant is sexually mature enough to start producing flowers once the light is reduced to 12/12. Once I see those, I feel that the plant is safe to flip to 12/12 and she will do her thing according to breeder flowering estimates. Perhaps that assumption is incorrect.

If I were to run photoperiod plants under 24 hours of light, do you think she would show pre-flowers sooner than a photoperiod plant under 18 hours of light?

Thanks again for your answer....

(notes: 1000w Metal Halide dimmed to 750w/ Botanicare Kind nutes with every feeding at 6.5 ph/ Happy Frog Soil w 33% perlite for 1 gallon, now FFOF and 33% perlite in 7 gallon)

Back
Top Bottom