Yellow leaves drying out

cana214

Hello,
I am growing two plants in soil, currently they are 18 days old and during the past few days lower leaves turned yellow and then started to dry out. After consulting several websites I have concluded that it can either be a nutrient deficiency or a light burn as the plants were quite close to the lights. I took measures in both ways, moved plants further away and added nutrients. I also considered the possibility of the pH being too high and bought a pH test kit and pH- solution, however I found it quite challenging to accurately measure the pH as the overflow water was muddy. Since then I watered the plans with pH 6,5 water hoping that this together with the nutrients I have added will fix the problem, however it did not help and plants are drying out further.

I will appreciate any advice you can give me, Thanks a lot!

Here is a side view, the steam looks fine to me, however I have very little experience growing.

The seeds have been in the soil from the beginning, no I do not have a fan.

In the beginning I was watering quite often, now I water every 2-3 days when the soil starts to feel dry to the touch. I have no means of measuring the humidity at the moment. The temperature inside is 25°C.

420-magazine-mobile1915817937.jpg

I would suggest on grabbing something like this. You could grab a cheap one for 8$ but it's helpful, every grow space should have something similar.

I think the issue is your over watering and the humidity is on the higher end so the plant is struggling to release some of the water through the leaves.
I can't tell you how many seedling/young plants I've killed this way. It's a common mistake but you need to fight that urge to water.
I wouldn't water again until the plant starts to show it needs to be. It will bounce right back if you can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom