Keeping plant size under control

Sochi

I have five Green Crack Seedlings--all from CKS and all germinated perfectly. The photo I attached here is one of my seedlings. I think it suffered some nutrient deficiency at first because once I gave it a light feeding, it seemed to have recovered.
I would like to delay initiating the flowering stage until mid-July (travel reasons are dictating this decision). By July, my plants will be 4 1/2 months old. My room has 8ft ceilings and I have a LEC 315W lamp that takes up some vertical space. Room dimensions are approx 9ft x 20ft.
I have read that plants will sometimes double in size once 12/12 is initiated, so I want to be careful about the height of my plants and would like them to be at least 18 inches away from the lamp by the time I am ready to harvest.
What advice/thoughts do you all have about keeping the height under control? Topping? I don't know how tall these plants can get but I'm hoping some of you have experience with these and can give me a sense of what to expect. Thanks :peace:

IMG_069050.JPG

Here are some methods I use. Dimming the ballast to reduce the lighting wattage, supercropping, LST (low stress training- meaning tying them down), topping, reducing feed a bit, keeping them in smaller pots as long as possible, reducing the total number of light hours, lowering temps a bit, and (most effective of all) scrogging.

Here are some methods I use. Dimming the ballast to reduce the lighting wattage, supercropping, LST (low stress training- meaning tying them down), topping, reducing feed a bit, keeping them in smaller pots as long as possible, reducing the total number of light hours, lowering temps a bit, and (most effective of all) scrogging.

Thank you, Weaselcracker! I just started looking through your journals. They are fantastic :)

Thanks Sochi. :) Another last ditch thing is do sometimes is to make a clone of the plant then throw away or flower the big one. That's last resort stuff though, and probably doesn't apply to your situation anyway.

Thanks for the option of last resort. You never know when that might come in handy! I'm definitely studying up on supercropping, LST, and scrogging.

Back
Top Bottom