Leaf Problems - Help!

TheKillZombie

I cant quite seem to find the answers i am looking for by simply googleing, i am a fairly new grower and would love some expert advise, Now see the problem is the plants SEEM to be doing just fine but a few of the leaves are withering and or turning a yellowish color, i dont know if i should be concerned or not but the stalks are also red as fuck, DO NOTE, that these plants were in a old hydro setup that failed, also i got them from a friend so i do not know the care that they received. To my knowledge the plants have taken to the soil. and have been in there current state for about 2 weeks now. please dont poke fun at me as i am new. i am looking for serious answers for a probable not serious isue. Thank you for taking your time to help me

also note that i have little to no budget

baby212.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1340151

Re: I have questions about some of my leaves

i also do not know if this will help or not, and this problem happend before i did this, but ive made a mixture of water with molasses, as i do not have any money. and i have added a small amount of coffee grounds underneath the soil for nutes, i have only waterd them one time with the molasses water mixture and have mixed them properly by stats on this sight. other than that no other nutes have been added, just normal yard dirt, PS the yard dirt is VERY potent as nothing in our yard ever fucking dies

Re: I have questions about some of my leaves

sadly i do not have a PH reader, and the nute info is in the first comment, i do apreciate the help even if no answers can be given. and im winging it with the watering, im feeling the soil and testing to see if its dry, as of now, theyve been waterd and set outside earlier today and i do not plan on watering for at least a couple days

Re: Leaf Problems HELP!

Hey TKZ, first of all you said they were in a hydro system that had failed but have been in the current state for aprox. 2 weeks?

So stress is the main factor when transferring from one medium to another, mainly due to the fact that hydro and soil have different things going on in the root zone to say the least.

You also said your dirt is from your yard that has things growing in it, any chance you grow tomatos? if so how well do they do?
I ask because tomatos and cannnabis grow similarly as far a nutrient requirements from soil. With no nutrients i will assume no nutrient lockout.

Less is more with nutrients and if your dirt is already potent i would not add anything! Blackstrap molasses is a great thing, a ground coffee beans as well! see you already know two inexpensive fertilizers ;) keep it simple right, egg shells, banana peels, fish water, the list goes on and on.

Moving on to water, use distilled or Reverse osmosis if possible, but if on city treated water just let it sit for 24hrs to let the chlorine out of it. soil needs water to be between 6-7 pH for most plants and is important for the plant to be able to access the nutrients in the soil. without the right ph you can add as many nutrients as you want and nothing good will happen.

Air, make sure it can breathe. whats your temp/humidity during the day/night?

Light, assuming it gets lots....

so assuming you can grow tomatos well in your dirt and your water is fairly clean ( free of pesticides and chemical runoff ) yes theres more than one reason to use clean water other than just hardwater.

where on the plant did the leaves start yellowing first?

depending on where and when this yellowing of leaves occurs, I would check the bottom of the pot if they have been there for 2 weeks as they should have roots on the bottom, one easy way to check if they have taken to the soil. Ensure you water only when the top inch of dirt is dry to keep it evenly moist as they like to dry out for the oxygen, yes roots breathe. when you water it should be 1 quart at a time and always 10% runoff to ensure no buildup of salts.

Pictures and details help give informed answers :)

thank you for all the needed information, the water is strait well water, i cant tell you the PH as i do not own a reader. As far as light goes i try to take them outside as much as possible, but what are you gona do in michigan; i have 3 bulbs that give off 3400 lumens each for each plant. The plants are side by side. the yellowing happend all over, i had to get rid of alot of the leaves but after i did that those plants came right back to life, as far as these leaves go im just curious if its still the stress or not. and i shit you not. everything will grow in this yard dosnt matter what it is, the whole area is swampy and the soil is realy dark. i only water every few days, after checking to see if there ready for it, run off? u mean the excess at the bottom that leaks out? in which case yes i water just enough to lett out some at the bottom. the leaves have yellowed sense i took them out of the hydro but they seem to have bounced back. i make sure that they can breath i try to poke holes in the dirt? idk if that actually works or not but a friend told me to do it so i went with it. but yes they do get outside alot. as far as eggs shells go? how do i apply. i eat lots of eggs XD. and humidity is as is it outside.

this is a few days ago but i know that the new growth is beautiful and i know i shouldnt be all to worried
i even play them some awesome techno music ;)

without knowing your waters pH and your soil nutrients it's probably a issue with absorbing the nutrients. How's the drainage ? Fairly fluffy but does not crumble when packed? I was suspecting root rot until you mentioned your water schedule. Best bet is to test your water at a local testing facility, some even do it for free depending on your area. Seems to lack nitrogen, red stems and yellow leaves, stunted growth and dropping of leaves sounds about right? So if the soil really is nutrient loaded, test you water. I'd test my soil too but only if I planned on using it again. hope I didn't flood you with too much info lol

kinda fried the brain a tad XD, but its all good. I mean no none have ever fallen off, and the red stems are going away as the plants grow; obviously the red is still there but where there is new growth there is NO red at ALL~. idk if that helps or not. Im definatly going to look into the nearest shop to test my water. and to be honest there growing fast as hell. sense i got them theyve grown at least 3-4 inches in height. im gona go take a fresh pic i will upload in a second

The thing about cannabis is it's an annual, meaning it puts everything it has into reproducing in one growing season. It burns through nutrients in ideal conditions and grows like... well weed. Look into brewing compost teas, cheap and effective way to get the goods to your kind. PS yes run off is the water draining out the bottom of the pot. I will stop frying brains for now and good luck !

thank you so much dude you have no idea how much i needed the peace of mind that by babies are ok XD ;) keep on smokin friend

If you dont want to spend a lot of nutes. There was a thread going around a few days ago talking about urine as a nute. Its supposed to be high in nitrogen and a little goes a long way. If you dont plan on spending anything you can try a little lol

If you dont want to spend a lot of nutes. There was a thread going around a few days ago talking about urine as a nute. Its supposed to be high in nitrogen and a little goes a long way. If you dont plan on spending anything you can try a little lol
dude im not gona lie.... ive been thinking about it, but i dont think ima be able to deal with that smell XD thanks anyway, but you think it might be a nitrogen thing

Yeah that yellowing of the leaves and red stems look like nitrogen def. Maybe try 1/4 teaspoon of urine in a gallon of water and see what happens?

Hey guys.... im fuckin stupid. Its heat stress and light burn...... the room gets like 80 and i havnt had a way to cool it down in a while, the fan helps but like the only thing thats made it cooler in there is the recent weather

Back
Top Bottom