SCROG - When to start? First time grower

HazePhase

Hello Everyone,

I will start off telling you about my situation.

Started: Solo Cups
week 3: 2 gallons pots
week 6: 15 gallon smart pots final home

I have SCROGCO screens 2x2 - going to be having 4 plants in their 15 gallon smart pot and their own individual screen.

Currently at week 4.
I was thinking I would be okay to grow for another 2-3 weeks roughly in veg in the 2 gallons and then move them into the 15 gallons and put the SCROGs on and start training them through.

My Question:
- is that going to be too late to start doing that at this point - I was told it should be fine and I have attached a picture of my best plant so far.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you!
UnderGrowth10.JPG

Yes that will be fine. I mostly flower in 10 gallon pots with individual screens - also about 2' x 2'. I don't put my screens on until I move them into flowering. About half my plants are sativas and often quite stretchy. By the time I screen them they're often much larger than the screen and I haven't ever had trouble containing one. You won't have any issues.
It's good to have about 10" or so at least between the pot and the screen so you can access the plant and water them more easily.

This is from my second journal. It was one of my better yielding plants at just under five ounces.

~MALAWI~

image16632.jpeg

A Malawi I've had in veg awaiting space. She's a nice plant. I'd love to see her grow wild and free, but unfortunately I've got limited space, and limited time. I don't get to be wild and free, and so neither does she. It makes me sad, but into the scrog she goes. She's a little big for too it but I'll squash the poor thing in there. Maybe I'll let her grow out the sides a little and then cut the screen off after she's done (trying to) stretch.
I'm sorry!

image16636.jpeg

image16633.jpeg

I stick the screen in top and jam the support shafts into the pot.

image16634.jpeg

image16635.jpeg

About one minute later... I just pulled the obvious longest limbs through the screen, crudely. No point getting too fussy here. They'll sort themselves out. In another couple days I'll take a second look, and continue to rearrange things over the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom