Outdoor Growth Questions

Gonzo

I'm going to attempt to grow some plants towards the middle of this Spring. I need to do everything outside, keep in mind. This is also my first time growing plants. I'm interested in how I can grow very nice buds, how many seeds I will need, what month I should start growing(located in Connecticut), etc.

I am planning on acquiring fertilizer and fertilizing the plants outdoors. I am also planning on watering them at least once, if not twice a day. Is the outdoor really going to affect bud quality heavily? I am interested in all the info possible that anyone can give on growing outdoors.

Thanks-
G

If I plant say in the end of April/Beginning of May, when should I expect to have buds?
Also any other tips on growing outdoors, including links are extremely appreciated.

Peace-Gonz

well,Gonzo,
growing indoors or outdoors can be pretty simple as long as ya get the basics right.first off you need to do as much research as ya can on the subject of growing ya own.thers plenty of info out there and it wont come running to you if ya know what i mean :grinjoint:

not sure what time of year flowering begins in your part of the world but outdoor strains can finish flowering as early as sept some as late as nov-dec,taking inbetween 7-12 weeks depending on the strain so this is somit to consider.

so,, research research reserach is the word of the week for you :smokin:

hope this helps some :peace:

:icon_cool

just plant them in the ground water when the soil becomes dry and there you go. weed is very much like a plant..... cuz it is a plant it is grown the same way and easy to take care of. keep in mind these plants were here before us so they can survive. you should plant after the last frost some were around 4/20 and just treat them as if they were tomatos.

smokeymacpot said:
just plant them in the ground water when the soil becomes dry and there you go. weed is very much like a plant..... cuz it is a plant it is grown the same way and easy to take care of. keep in mind these plants were here before us so they can survive. you should plant after the last frost some were around 4/20 and just treat them as if they were tomatos.

:laughtwo: if only it was that simple...true it is sorta like a tomatoe plant when it come's to grow'n but just not quit the same...it's sorta picky on its grow'n enviroment

:grinjoint:

well i dont know i guess its different with each strain cuz outdoors is the easyest for me some times grow wild just left them and came back to harvest they came out exelent.

1st thing you want to do is find out exactly how many hours of daylight you are currently experiencing in YOUR area. If you plant them outdoors in April, yes they can survive so long as you do not get a frost but there are not enough hours of light in the day in April for the plants to stay in veg and unless you use supplemental lights chances are you will have premature flowering. Supplemental light does not take much, I did it last year on my outdoor grow. I just plugged a 60 watt compact fluorescent into a timer and put one light per plant and had the lights come on for a few hours per day so that the plants would think they were getting 16 hours of sunlight. Much less then 15 and there is a good chance you will start flowering early. You only need to do the supplemental light until the end of May since by then there are more then enough hours of daylight to keep the plants from going into premature flowering.
As for watering, I agree that every 2 to 3 days is sufficient for watering unless you have specific circumstances, for example, if you get a few days in a row that are say 90+ degrees out, you may want to water them every day since once it gets that warm the plants will use the moisture from the ground to sweat to aid in cooling themselves. Another example of when you may wish to water more often is, say you grow inside a greenhouse like I do. Today it was a cool 65 degrees outside but inside my greenhouse it was pushing 80. I water every other day and many times every day once a day. Depends on the weather and the relative humidity in my area.
What I would suggest you do if this is your first outdoor grow, document everything in a journal either on the 420 site or just in a note book. Keep track of the weather, was it sunny today or was it over cast. What was the ambient temp and % humidity near your plants? Did you water today? Did you trim any leaves, top any branches, notice any insects in or around your plants? Does it get a gentle breeze on the plant or is it in a main wind path, how about direct sunlight, is it getting max amounts of direct sunlight or is it in the shade for a few hours per day. Are you feeding any supplemental nutrients to your plants, and how often. Take pictures and document everything. Pretty sure Connecticut is not legalized recreational yet so there may be some issues with neighbors seeing your plants, you may want to do low stress training or grow them with a scrog to keep them from growing to tall.
I know I will catch shit for saying this but if this is your first outdoor grow, do your best, but plan for the worst. Figure you will either over water or under water. Chances are you will get an insect issue or a mold or mildew issue. You may grow a great crop or you may be lucky to get anything even worth smoking, but take this grow as a learning experience and enjoy the chance to learn as much as you can. If you do that, your following grows will be much easier and you will be able to spot issues before they become critical issues. Either way, go for it, have fun and learn what you can, nothing will teach you more then just doing it.

here is a couple pictures of my outdoor grow
IMG_147337.jpg
IMG_145640.jpg

thought outdoors meant "outside", not in a tent or greenhouse. OUTSIDE in the open air with no roof. otherwise growing in ones bedroom

is outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom