Removing Leaves During LST?

flytier

Hey everybody. I have a White Widow that I'm doing some LST on. It's been growing for close to a month and there are well over a half a dozen new growth stems coming off it by now. Now many of these are buried inside the dense foliage. What I'm wondering is this: is it alright to remove some of the bigger "main" leaves to allow light to get to them, or should I keep them on and sort of cut my losses with regard to the stems that are shaded? Here is a picture of the plant a few days ago; it's grown a bit since then. See what I mean?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance for any info, and happy growing.

DSCI0818a.jpg

Yea flytier if it was my plant I would trim out some of that central growth, and take out a few branches to leave about six or so. My that's a compact little thing. I wonder if you moved your lights a little further away if it might start stretching a bit more.

Right on Weasel, thanks for the input. I'll take off a few of the bigger ones when I get home from work (on lunch break now). I thought it was awful short and bushy. A lot of the issue with the size, I think, has to do with some nutrient burn at the onset, as well as the lights being too close. It is pretty small for a month old. In my inexperience I bought a bag of enriched soil without knowing better. I'll get it out of that as well and into some organic mix that I have done up for my next lot of plants. Have a good one and thanks again.

I only had to take off one leaf to expose a load of growth tips. I suspect that in a couple weeks I'll snag a couple clones from some of them and still have lots to spare for buds. I'll keep it in the present soil anyway; don't want to wreck it, after all. Got a bunch of shoots tied down and moved the lights up to about a foot above the plant. Time to play the waiting game for a while.

DSCI0822a.jpg

Omg finally gone one with bushes like mine they have doubled in growth in a week this is great I'll show some pics when I get back to them later . I am interested to find out how it ends up I have 5 girls like this I am interested in the training your doing how is it going and how long do you leave them tied ? And are they stubborn like hard to bend I am worried about breaking them but need to start training quick I have been bending them slightly apart to open them up some but need to start tieing

Omg finally gone one with bushes like mine they have doubled in growth in a week this is great I'll show some pics when I get back to them later . I am interested to find out how it ends up I have 5 girls like this I am interested in the training your doing how is it going and how long do you leave them tied ? And are they stubborn like hard to bend I am worried about breaking them but need to start training quick I have been bending them slightly apart to open them up some but need to start tieing
Found one not got one sorry

Hey Buzzer. This one is a month or so old now and the growth is just starting to speed up. You have to bear in mind that I'm very new at this. I don't know if this is the "standard" way of doing it, but what I'm doing is only bending it where the growth is very new so I don't snap it off (like I did with an auto). Where the growth isn't almost brand new, I give up picking at it.

As for the leaving it tied down part, what I'm doing there is just taking the twist tie and moving it forward as the growth tips grow out; not really leaving it tied down in one spot as such. The stems seem pretty agreeable in that respect. She's getting a shitload of stems coming up, so I suspect I'll take any unnecessarily extra ones and make clones. Kind of get the best of both worlds.

I'm at work here now on lunch break and I only had a couple seconds to look at her this morning, but she seems to be filling out a bit already. When I get home I'll have a better look and get a picture to post. I may pick off another leaf if I see that it can expose some more branches. I'd like to get some propagating done if I can.

Bending from the newer growth, where it bends easier without snapping is the exact correct way to LST. That's why some growers start it really early so they can get a big bend right at the base of the plant.
Glad to hear it's starting to grow faster. Remember to post those pics after work so we can have another look :D

Hey everybody. I have a White Widow that I'm doing some LST on. It's been growing for close to a month and there are well over a half a dozen new growth stems coming off it by now. Now many of these are buried inside the dense foliage. What I'm wondering is this: is it alright to remove some of the bigger "main" leaves to allow light to get to them, or should I keep them on and sort of cut my losses with regard to the stems that are shaded? Here is a picture of the plant a few days ago; it's grown a bit since then. See what I mean?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance for any info, and happy growing.

DSCI0818a.jpg

Perfect glad I found this thread going to read up

Another hong you guys and girls can do if any girls ... lol is fan the the fans like cut some of the tips away instead of removing a whole fan. If I remove any it's going to be lower ones to promote new growth.

Yeah here's these girl now .

A lot of them I noticed sent that great all on my phone and don't have any from the best ones or best light their all A little over three foot tall . Half under led half under t5s

420-magazine-mobile1936176137.jpg
420-magazine-mobile972374141.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2119044546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1220160768.jpg
420-magazine-mobile486463191.jpg
420-magazine-mobile834133235.jpg
420-magazine-mobile9277038.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2662492.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1402972603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom