First time grower - Lighting question!

Nexxis

Hi there! I am a first-time grower!
I've got a question about my lighting set-up!
I currently have 4 plants in the veg stage. I was gifted them about 3-4 months ago when they were around 7-8 inches. They are around 2 ft tall now.
I'm currently running an Agrobrite fluorescent light with 50% of the lights on, 24 hours a day, however, the set-up I have doesn't really allow for overhead lighting yet, so I've got the lights propped against the wall, and I rotate each plant as it starts to grow towards the light.
Will this drastically effect my end result, or should I really try to get those lights overhead?
Thanks in advance! I'm sure Ill be back with loads of questions!
Stay lifted! <3

Heres a link to a photo of my little set-up. Its not much, but Im getting there!
Capture451.PNG

Heyy nexxis welcome to 420 ..I would definatly say that you should definatly as soon as you can have those lights hangin over top ..your plants will always grow towards the light source .Once proped above the plants 2 -3 inches above and then lifting as they grow ..I would say that it's not Guna effect the end result too much ..but you will have much better results with the lights above ..I would recommend a fan aswell for air circulation if you have one ..hope this helps happy growing

Heyy nexxis welcome to 420 ..I would definatly say that you should definatly as soon as you can have those lights hangin over top ..your plants will always grow towards the light source .Once proped above the plants 2 -3 inches above and then lifting as they grow ..I would say that it's not Guna effect the end result too much ..but you will have much better results with the lights above ..I would recommend a fan aswell for air circulation if you have one ..hope this helps happy growing

Thank you! We currently have a fan for them, but dont keep it in there 24/7, because its our only fan at the moment, so when we sleep we use it in the bedroom, but during the day we put the fan in to circulate the air!
We plan on building a skeleton frame out of 2x4s, so we can hang the light. I just dont trust drilling into the ceiling. hahah.
Thank you for the response!

No problem glad to help and share the knowledge of growing ..because ur using floros ur also guna wanna keep the lights as close as you can for best results they should be fine ..are you Guna be flowing them soon by chance?

If you're new to growing I have a forum on here called LMAO cloning for dummies I will be going over any questions that anyone has I love to play the Q&A game

The plant will always grow towards the light. I doubt there will be any major side effects if you keep turning the plant. You can see the plant going kinda zigzaggy now, which obviously takes up resources that could have been used to grow up.

So this is not obviously optimal, but I don't see a reason it couldn't work. The plant looks nice and healthy now.

Back
Top Bottom