Banzai clones in need of help

Caslon

I have a 2x2x4 tent and recently bought an $89 GalaxyHydro 300W grow panel off Amazon. I'm not happy with the way my 5" clones are growing looking like banzai trees (12 days later). The roots have busted out of their rockwool root bulbs, good air supply, good soil. My plants are growing ridiculously slow. The new top shoots look healthy and all, a bit droopy cause of overwatering, but I let the soil dry out to correct that. Tent temp around 78F. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy a counterfeit light panel. My plants look no better than if I was using a normal household flourecent bulb!!!! Raising or lowering the light panel makes no difference in the slow growth. I gave the exact same clone to my brother who has 4 hours of afternoon sun which is augmented with a $25 grow lamp and his are thriving. I took a plant out of the tent to photograph it. I'm thinking it's the light source not giving enough light to the plants. A few reviewers have said the same thing about the GalaxyHydro 300W(plants languishing). I think they're a bit droopy simply because they want richer light.

Any and all suggestions welcomed. Please don't reply about nutrients or soil compaction or overwatering as the cause. THESE PLANTS JUST AREN'T GROWING! I'm not sure how long I'll wait before returning this light panel and getting something else. I could use some suggestions for another light source.

I have a 40" deep x 66" long home built tent. I have two Galaxy Hydro 300 watt and two 4' 4 bulb T5s over 5 plants. I'm getting very good results. I started with just the T5s and got decent growth and added the LEDs about the time I went 12/12 and haven't had any problems at all in 48 days of flower and am very happy with the results so far.

Feel free to check out my journal... link in signature.

A 300W light source is adequate for young vegetating plants. There must be another explanation. A few more details will narrow it down for me and I "may" be able to help.

-How far is the light source? Rule of thumb is to keep your hand just above the plant, bring down the light down till your hand gets warm. Adjust it so your hand is comfortable when you hold it there for around a minute. Have the light closest to the plant as comfortably possible. ( I don't think this is the problem but its information)

After thinking on it for a bit I think you just need to give them 2 more weeks. Some clones take longer then others. You just need to have a little patience and nature will run its course. All you can do is start feeding her diluted nutrient solution and foliage spraying with just a drop of something seaweed or fish base once a day for a week.

I have clones that look like yours, but I'm not worried. They just need time.

Put the light on for 18 hours a day and I assure you those plants will grow 2 to 3 feet in a month.

I bet you in a month those plants will be 2 to 3 feet high.

Yup! Can't go by comparison of two clones either. Don't think I've ever had two clones even same size and cut at same time grow at same rate. I don't know much, but what I do know is that patience is a virtue! AND, they never seem to grow when yer lookin at em!

The 3 Blue Dream clones don't mind the light 10" from the tops. I tried higher but that didn't change the slow growth rate. Light cycle was 14/10 but have gone with 18/6 this last week. I'll give them a couple more weeks to bust out some. I believe Amazon will accept a 30 return on this GalaxyHydro 300w if I want. As I said, the small tiny shoots at the top are continuing to produce new healthy ones. I expected them to grow at a faster rate then they are now. The tiny new top chutes seem to take forever to get larger, but they don't look "sick."
I was going to autopsy one, but upon first tugging it out, found that it was hard to, so I stopped. The roots are surely taking hold ok. I'll continue to be careful not to overwater.

You can look thru my first Journal link in sig, my boxes slightly smaller dimensions far as footprint goes but that is the lights in my bigger boxes (the little tiny one has a 150W one, and my shed has two of the 600W ones, none of those numbers the actual wattage it draws). In Veg I"m usually 15-20" and then drop it down to closer to 10" in Flower (each strain seems to be picky about different things be it light or nutes or being trained or trimmed ;) :rofl::rofl: so why I gave a "range").

Thanks for the re-assurance, Gardenseed. "Put the light on for 18 hours a day and I assure you those plants will grow 2 to 3 feet in a month."

My slow growing plant(s) don't look THAT bad (I suppose). I want to see better in 2 weeks, or I'll be concerned about this GalaxyHydro 300W light panel's ability.

At least they're not growing too tall and too fast (slightly droopy leaves tho).

However, I demand more growth. In the next 2 weeks. A bust out spurt of growth, different than what it is now.

I want to see my plants start growing exponentially, 13 days from now. That is the time frame to return this light panel for free.

If it were my plants, I would Nute them with a 1200ppm solution on the next watering, then I would bring it up to 2200ppm on the next on. Then I would sit back and watch the show.

Back
Top Bottom