Can You Supercrop A Mature Plant?

Has anyone tried supercropping a fully mature plant that has been in the vegetative phase for months? Not the still-supple green stems, but the ones that are "brown and barky," old growth? If so, did you need to use pliers instead of your fingers, lol?

Good question TS. Really haven't super cropped anything yet and been doing a lot of reading about it for just starting out and this would be really nice to see how you go about doing in this stage.

I have a plant with branches from way down low that have grown up to nearly equal the actual top, but the entire thing is too tall for the limited height in the current setup. They're long and flexible enough that I could spread them out - if I had the area. I was going to kill it for clones, when my mind - obviously not wanting to kill a cannabis plant before it had mature buds on it, lol - suggested that I supercrop it to sort of "drop the branches, in place."

I figure it'll be okay (or mostly okay, which is fine) if I don't destroy the branches. And I could save many "disasters" with some wrap/tape, but I'm curious as to what other people think and what their experiences (if any) were. I should probably note that I left the plant in a small (like 8" tall and 8" square on top but tapering inward so that the bottom is around 6" square) container to discourage growth (maybe I should have used a coffee cup for that :rolleyes3 ), which may have been responsible for smallish stems. They all seem to be smaller in diameter than my index finger except the main stem, and it's not large. That may help my attempt to supercrop.

But everywhere that I'm wanting to crush into right-angle (or more) submission is woody old growth. So it'll be a minor PitA.

The light is too low in its full-up position due to my <BLEEP> poor planning. That's my fault. And I let two get way too big before even thinking about flowering them, because I'd basically abandoned the grow for months. But these aren't exactly full indicas, lol, so I really should have initiated flowering when they were 1½' to 2' tall even if I'd had sense enough to use the tent for this grow. Live and learn... then ignore what you've learned ;) :rolleyes3 :icon_roll .

You just have to take your time on it so it doesn't split too badly but I've SC woody stems and it's a real bitch. As long as you're not in flower yet you should try it out but use your fingers and take your time making the woody bit of the stem softer. This may take a couple minutes but if you go too aggressive and the stem split, which it likely will, then just tape it up and the plant will fill in the gaps .

Back
Top Bottom