Height question

Happy420tc

420 Member
Indica
3 plants (cookies Kush, strawberry/banana, mystery free seed).
Indoor
Soil 7gal
Led lighting ss440
Temp 75f
Rh 55%

First time grow. Indoor, 3x3 grow tent. Worried about the height of my babies. 24 days in the ground and tallest is just 7" tall. Started with lights 20" above plants. Been raising light height, currently 26" above top of plant. Should I move light higher? Should I even worry about gaining height? Plant is bushy, stock is almost 1/2" diameter at ground level

Indica
3 plants (cookies Kush, strawberry/banana, mystery free seed).
Indoor
Soil 7gal
Led lighting ss440
Temp 75f
Rh 55%

First time grow. Indoor, 3x3 grow tent. Worried about the height of my babies. 24 days in the ground and tallest is just 7" tall. Started with lights 20" above plants. Been raising light height, currently 26" above top of plant. Should I move light higher? Should I even worry about gaining height? Plant is bushy, stock is almost 1/2" diameter at ground level
Pics help a lot..

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Normal LED height at that age is about 24", so yer close on that

Let's see some pics my friend

Can vary on the LED as they all over the place far as intensity, so want to slowly move them closer (when you lowering them) so you can tell it's getting too close before it does major damage (like an inch at a time and wait a day and see how they look). When they little (seedlings) you want them farther away so above 20", at that height/age personally I go with 18-20" and in Flower I'm around 12-15" with my lights. A lot depends on ones space far as how tall you want to get them or if you limit it with the various forms of Training, varies on the strain and all the other variables but they can stretch 2-3x height first half of when they in Flower so you have to keep that in mind so they don't end up 4" from your lights towards the end ;) :rofl:

3E22706B-4531-43D6-A6CD-78F03E7709E7.jpeg

View image in gallery

I agee they look normal. I was wondering the same thing with mine. They got really dense and bushy. Then they started to take off in week 4. I was going to veg for 6 weeks and had to cut it short by a week fearing they might get to big. There isn't a good idea of size from pictures without something familiar in the shot.

looks good to me, but what do i know,,??

nothin,,,,, i know nothin....

The leaves aren't exactly pointed up in search of light. The light is probably too close. Don't be afraid to raise the light up. I'm only running 100 watts for 4 plants in a 3'by 3'. One COB above each plant. The less light I use the faster they seem to grow. Raise it up until the leaves are pointed up a little in search of light. Instead of excessively bushy plants with leaves pointed down to protect against too much light.

Or the light could have too much blue in it. Which will cause similar squat plants. Lower the ratio of blue.

The leaves aren't exactly pointed up in search of light. The light is probably too close. Don't be afraid to raise the light up. I'm only running 100 watts for 4 plants in a 3'by 3'. One COB above each plant. The less light I use the faster they seem to grow. Raise it up until the leaves are pointed up a little in search of light. Instead of excessively bushy plants with leaves pointed down to protect against too much light.

Or the light could have too much blue in it. Which will cause similar squat plants. Lower the ratio of blue.

The posture of leaves isn't always light related. This plant actually looks like it may be a tad nitrogen hot. Are you feeding it any nutes right now? If so, what ppm? What's your ph? 18"-36" is the general range for plants in veg. One that old id personally be about 20-24" away. I believe you may need to do a small flush.

My cobs are about 10" from this cola, full power. Still happy and perky.

420-magazine-mobile357244730.jpg

Another happy reaching photo.

420-magazine-mobile1265836991.jpg

Here are some pics of these same plants when I got a little nute heavy.

420-magazine-mobile1421510017.jpg

Notice the sad weak droop/claw? Too much nitrogen!

Back
Top Bottom