Changing Up Light Cycles yay/nay?

Malfunktion

Sup guys first time posting here. Plan on posting up my first grow journal ever within the next few days once i get my pics sorted.

Quick question i have had my 8 seedlings under flourescents (2 in the 6500k range and 2 in the 5000k range) for almost 2 weeks now. In a 2x2 ft. tray, with a light shcedule of 24/7. Little guys are growing strong so far.

I just picked up a 400wHPS set up but am using a 400wMH Hortilux Conversion bulb for the veg cycle. Obviously this light throws out a lot more heat then the flourescents i was using before. So ideally i would like to change the light cycle to a 18hrs on 6hrs off to help with temps. But i heard that changing up the light cycle once a plant has already been exposed to a set schedule could screw with the plants, possibly increasing the chances of them becoming hermaphrodites?

Was wandering if anyone could plz shed some "light" (LOL) on this topic for me thanx!

Mal

Thanx Moose! I've read a bunch or your posts and trust me I have learned a ton from them. I know you are the go to man when it comes to growing, so i'm sure i'll have a ton of questions. Hope to have the grow journal up soon.

good luck on the grow, ill be looking for the journal.

ive actually got a question also, what about a plant in a pot outside, grown from seed, then moved indoors to 12/12?

:joint:

Back
Top Bottom