Lower leaves turning yellow and dying

30hz

My both plant's lower leaves are slowly turning yellow and ultimately dying. The top ones are doing fine. What could cause this?

Mine are doing the same but they are the very first leafs that sprouted not the real leafs but the round looking ones at the very bottom could be those and if so i wouldnt worry maybe taking a pic can help us see better

those little round ones are the cotyledons that sprout out of the seed first, and they are expected to turn that color, they have no function in later growth.

as far as the old growth dying and the new growth looking good, that does sound like a nitrogen def. pics would help, but what kind of nutes are you using? what kind of soil is it? throw out some more details and we can try to help!!

Im using Bio Bizz nutes and potting soil. I dont think its nitrogen def. New growth looks good, just tiny nute burns. Bottom sunleaves have turned yellow too and they also have brown spots on them. Ultimately they turn crisp and come off easily. I think it might be potassium defiency(?), so I gave them some extra bloom nutes.

I've given 'em extra bloom nutes for almost week now but the bottom yellow leaves are still dying and falling off. Someone help please :adore:

I've given 'em extra bloom nutes for almost week now but the bottom yellow leaves are still dying and falling off. Someone help please :adore:
What PPM are you feeding them at? Not enough nutes will cause a plant to show nutrient deficiency. Once a leaf is damaged it rarely improves with treatment. most use new growth to judge if treatment is working.

What PPM are you feeding them at? Not enough nutes will cause a plant to show nutrient deficiency. Once a leaf is damaged it rarely improves with treatment. most use new growth to judge if treatment is working.
Theres 2 40cm tall plants, 2 gal of soil each. Feeding them both 1,25ml of Bio Bloom, 0,5ml of Alg-a-mic and 0,5ml of Top Max every other day with 0,5l of water. The top shows just a slight nute burn and the lowest leaves are getting black spots and going dry and ultimately fall off.

I tried to take pic but it sucked, gotta wait for few days for my camera.

Some of my leaves are yellowing. Some are yellowing and almost all are drooping.

ctmpphpJ9RNZC.jpg

These pix were taken on day 15 of growth. I realize my poor choice of using MG as a growing medium is causing the burn.

ctmpphpTh5B6g.jpg

But I am transplanting them to Fox Farm this week and I hope I can save some of them. The base stems seem strong overall...

ctmpphpgx23hk.jpg

I have more than enough light...they are getting the purest water I can find. Does anyone think these ladies can be saved ?

tmpphpgx23hk.jpg

The root ball is the giant mass of roots right below the plant, once you take it out of the pot you'll see what I mean. Roots are very delicate so be careful not to harm them.

Yea you will but it is necessary, growth should resume in about a week after transplanted. And you can get away with removing most of it. The important thing is not to damage the roots.

My plant seems to be getting weaker day by day. Lower leaves are still turning yellow and dying. Here are few pics of its current state:

1599.jpg

2436.JPG

3369.JPG

4294.JPG

5230.jpg

6200.JPG

7171.jpg

8150.jpg

Using Bio Bizz nutes, watering & feeding every 2. day, ph seems to be fine. Help me please :(

Back
Top Bottom