best time to move from veg,cloned plants?

albertgrow123

my freinds plants are doing well,suprised really due to heat problems(summer-attic-insulation-pig!!!!!!!!!)he has switched light cycle to evening,because of problems,18-6,but 6 hours of these are way to hot???,3 evening,3 in morning,the plants stand at 4 " high,and still look good and healthy,considering been exposed to 36 degrees plus for a week,the stems look strong,could i possibly put these in to flower now,might seem premeture by week,but mother nature working against him????????would this move affect yeild,quality,substanance?????roughly have a 5 tier plants........advice needed from a grateful stoner!!!!!!!!ha ha:thanks:

Re: best time to move from veg,cloned plants?????????

12/12 would be logical,but how much would he lose on plant!!!!!!sorry the plant is power plant

You can go 12/12 anytime you choose...there are a number of grows being done 12/12 from seed. You will lose some yield by shortening or even doing away with the veg cycle, but it's impossible to say how much. Often times it comes down to space and time considerations to determine the length of the veg cycle. Plants will double, or even triple, their height as they go through bloom.

hi,southern.....true gent as always,when you say some yeild on general would this be 3 grams or 1 oz,how drastic is the overall weight,what works in favour is power plant grows large,if i was to pinch,top,would this produce more bud,or more leaves,i know every plant to its self,but rule of thumb,would it be crucial to leave it one more week,or dive in the deep end.......all your replies are being taken on board my freind!!!

Thing is this...Every node equals more budsites. So the less nodes the less budsites. I can't reall quantify the loss in yield, but I suppose in a pinch, you could work it out like this...if you stopped your veg at 4 nodes...you'd end up with 20% less budsites than if you went to 5 nodes. This is a very rough way of figuring yield...and it's accuracy is somewhat questionable...but basic math is what I fall back on in these type situations. Hope it helps .

if i was walking in your shoes mate,would you wait......as good things come to those who wait,or steam in and go 12/12.the only real issue is the heat at present the light is a good meter away from plant,thats probably why look still healthy!!!its not like i am in a rush,just thinking about quality of plant,hydroponic advisor suggested that i use a 125 watt strip light for the hours of aggresive heat on timer and then in early hours switch to 600 hps?what you think southern???????

many regards

albertgrow123

Not really sure. I know this though, if you introduce co2 to the grow, you can get away with much higher temps. CO2 generators are rather pricey, but there is a cheap way to do it. Take a 2 liter bottle...pour it 3/4 of the way full with water, add 1 cup of sugar, raw cane sugar if you can get it, and one packet of yeast. Fermentation will produce co2, and if you can enclose the grow with a tent, homemade or store bought, you can let the heat build up much higher. I have heard of plants thriving in a co2 saturated enviroment with temps in excess of 110 degrees. You need to suspend the bottles above the plants...co2 is heavier than the air around it so it will sink down around the plants. There is also the additional benefit of providing the plants with something they need anyhow, and this will boost yields.

As far as the switching of light intensity goes, I can't think of a reason that it would hurt, but I would contact Grow support and toss the idea by them.

as per every post my freind,you are always more than helpful,hospitality is a understatement,will give the co2 a go,nothing to lose!!!,is yeast widley available at sshops (supermarkets)etc...as will be searching hardy now ha ha.many thanks albertgrow123

The packets of dry yeast are easier to use...just mix all the ingredients and shake like hell...chemistry will handle the rest. And yeast is easily obtained at any supermarket.

I have found the C02 control kits going for 130 bucks or so at my local hydro shop. I plan to get one eventually, not sure if that's out of your price range. Just thought I would throw that out there. Good luck!

thanks smokey,yeah just a touch out of budget(credit crunch)killing me!!!!!!,will try southerns approach,going to try a 125 watt light for first 3 hours,then switch to 600 hps in cooler hours,then back to 125 watt for remaining 3 hours when warming up.if this dont work,just will have to settle for small yeild,bit dissapointing,but this is the learning curve after all!!!!thanks guys.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom