Thread: Deficiency or too much

Post Thanks / Like

Deficiency or too much

Some fan leaves on my plants seem to be curling from the edge and tips are shrinking. There is no real color change.
    Just fed them some 10-15-10 and will follow up.
    Any ideas?
    I am leaning to N def.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deficiency or too much

Honestly, we can't help you AT ALL without pics. And you definitely be more descriptive than that. Here is what I use...

Signs of Deficiency

I stopped going for those EXACT little deficiencies. Most of the time, its not just one thing anyway. It's usually a shitload of things.

-Usually will happen near the bottom of the plant. If you notice your leaves are less green, or your leaves are burning but they leave more of a dull brown rather than a bright yellow, then your plant is feeding the top by removing nutrients from the bottom.
    -Usually occurs on the larger leaves. After all, who would be the most hungry? (The fatter guys)
    -Less green? up your nitrogen. Usually nitrogen def is lower leaves, and there is no "line" of burn. Your leaves just generally turn more yellow.

Signs of Burn
    -Usually on the smaller leaves, near the top. These newborns can't handle all that juice, so they will burn first.
    -Burn is usually on the leaf tips, and on the margins, but not all over. Usually start as small dots on the edges of the "jagged edges" of the marijuana leaf.
    -Usually at the TOP.

HOW TO KNOW FOR SURE
    -Test. Sorry guys. Up base nutrients 50-70 ppm and observe, or lower ppm's by adding distilled water and leveling off by about 100-120 ppm.
    -That's how I do it, and just watch it closely as fuck. You will see changes.

HOW TO CORRECT
    -Don't bother adding micro and thinking that the 6-0-0 will give nitrogen, etc. This will just mess up the ratio and balance of nutrients. Instead, up the concentration using your base nutrients (the ones that affect pH). Maintain proper ratios when adding. Use a complete fertilizer. Using 10-15-10 is really bad, esp with cannabis. Cannabis actually likes something closer to 10-5-10 or someting like that. (Much more N and K than P) during veg.

-Otherwise, add distilled water and remove unncessary water. Make sure you maintain all your additives (the ones that don't up your EC).

MAINTAIN pH! this is very important. it could be that the pH is fucked up and your plants can't access the nutes that are there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Deficiency or too much

Quote Originally Posted by caligrown View Post
    Honestly, we can't help you AT ALL without pics. And you definitely be more descriptive than that. Here is what I use...

Signs of Deficiency

I stopped going for those EXACT little deficiencies. Most of the time, its not just one thing anyway. It's usually a shitload of things.

-Usually will happen near the bottom of the plant. If you notice your leaves are less green, or your leaves are burning but they leave more of a dull brown rather than a bright yellow, then your plant is feeding the top by removing nutrients from the bottom.
    -Usually occurs on the larger leaves. After all, who would be the most hungry? (The fatter guys)
    -Less green? up your nitrogen. Usually nitrogen def is lower leaves, and there is no "line" of burn. Your leaves just generally turn more yellow.

Signs of Burn
    -Usually on the smaller leaves, near the top. These newborns can't handle all that juice, so they will burn first.
    -Burn is usually on the leaf tips, and on the margins, but not all over. Usually start as small dots on the edges of the "jagged edges" of the marijuana leaf.
    -Usually at the TOP.

HOW TO KNOW FOR SURE
    -Test. Sorry guys. Up base nutrients 50-70 ppm and observe, or lower ppm's by adding distilled water and leveling off by about 100-120 ppm.
    -That's how I do it, and just watch it closely as fuck. You will see changes.

HOW TO CORRECT
    -Don't bother adding micro and thinking that the 6-0-0 will give nitrogen, etc. This will just mess up the ratio and balance of nutrients. Instead, up the concentration using your base nutrients (the ones that affect pH). Maintain proper ratios when adding. Use a complete fertilizer. Using 10-15-10 is really bad, esp with cannabis. Cannabis actually likes something closer to 10-5-10 or someting like that. (Much more N and K than P) during veg.

-Otherwise, add distilled water and remove unncessary water. Make sure you maintain all your additives (the ones that don't up your EC).

MAINTAIN pH! this is very important. it could be that the pH is fucked up and your plants can't access the nutes that are there.
    Your last sentence explains 90% of the issues most growers have. PH fluctuation causing nutrient lock out.