VT numbers

BigPhil

OK - lets try some numbers:

VT has roughly 600,000 people total - safe estimates are that 10% of the overall US population uses cannabis regularly - thats 60,000 VT users.

Say that conservatively 10% of those use cannabis for medical reasons - (although I think logic would dictate that in a population of responsible adult consumers, the medical use prevalence would be probably be higher) - that's 6000 people.

Semi reliable sources report there are slightly over 100 people registered as VT patients, which points to a huge under-utilization of this legislation - where are ya peeps?

I know you're out there :ganjamon:

OK - lets try some numbers:

VT has roughly 600,000 people total - safe estimates are that 10% of the overall US population uses cannabis regularly - thats 60,000 VT users.

Say that conservatively 10% of those use cannabis for medical reasons - (although I think logic would dictate that in a population of responsible adult consumers, the medical use prevalence would be probably be higher) - that's 6000 people.

Semi reliable sources report there are slightly over 100 people registered as VT patients, which points to a huge under-utilization of this legislation - where are ya peeps?

I know you're out there :ganjamon:
Actually, it's about 189 registered and no dispensery to get medicine, makes alot of sinse...:smokin:

BUT - finally Shumlin and others are discusiing dispensarries!

All good....
I would really like to help these people. living with pain everyday sucks. It just seems like the people who can do anything just do not give a shit or they have to "work out" the details and they act like they have forever to get it done. In the last year I have come to the conclusion that all politicians are full of shit...:smokin:

At least here in VT my experience w/ the gov't politicians is that they are truly caring ppl that aren't in it for the lousy salary, or being in the public eye 24/7. They are truly a citizen legislature, trying to do what's best for all concerned. But I think it was Ben Franklin who said 'the wheels of democracy turn slowly' which is understandabale, though frustrating, because of the many varied interests and viewpoints that all need to be addressed.

If you don't vote don't bitch. And better than voting GET INVOLVED !!

:thanks:

Hi Folks ... new member here from Vermont, and user of medical marijuana.

I think Vermont is doing a fairly good job with thier laws ... not saying they couldn't be better ... but they're OK. If you grow carefully ... there's plenty to smoke between harvests.

I thinl Malcolm has the right number ... last I heard there were 201 MM patients in VT.

I would really like to help these people. living with pain everyday sucks. It just seems like the people who can do anything just do not give a shit or they have to "work out" the details and they act like they have forever to get it done. In the last year I have come to the conclusion that all politicians are full of shit...:smokin:

420% Agreed! This is the exact reason we regular people need to run for local, State, and Federal Office!

My neurologist has more than once offered to back me up for a card. I won't do it. Like many older Vermonters I know my way around a pot plant but am very wary of pulling my plants out of the closet, so to speak. The cops run the program (Department of Public Safety) and it seems like painting a target on my back to go for a card. I am using a benign and beneficial plant to improve my health and lower health care costs. The way I understand the law you have to admit to being a criminal before they allow you a temporary dispensation from prosecution. I'm not a criminal and really don't want the cops nosing around my grow looking for an excuse to bust me.

It's no surprise not many people want to subject themselves to police state supervision. The law would have to change substantially before it would temp me. Underground is safer.

But I'm wondering about other people's experience. Anybody have a card? Do the cops come around and snoop your plants?

Back
Top Bottom