Let's face it - Your state medical card is no security

Max420

I don't care much for cops myself. I grew up in a town where that cop and communist were synonyms. You can't let anybody find out about your grow even if you're legal. And it's also a good idea to not let them know you use pot. It's sort of like religion or politics, it's nobody's business but yours. Since it's best to not tell anybody, it's also best to use all the normal precautions such as carbon filters and stealth growing.

Let's face it: your state medical card is no security

after my experience i can only summize that there is an all-out war by the cops on old people who just want to relieve their pains with pot, who just want to be left in peace. and a state permit is no guarantee.
old people can't fight back. cops need not fear them. they can harrass and jail their own grandmothers. usually old people cannot afford a good lawyer. i don't think this is one bit funny. some day they will be old and in pain too. and i cannot say that i wish them well. i am watching my poor hubby now swallowing aspirins because the cops took his plants away. this hurts me down to my soul. on top of this we are getting paranoid here. we were searched, handcuffed, jailed, because a friend, also on medical card, grew a few too many plants. we didn't even know. now they sent me a letter that they want to confiscate our family home. i already told them over my dead body. i don't even use pot. thank you, Maui county, for giving me PTSD, insomnia, crying spells and who knows what else. i am almost 74 years old. not much more i can take. doctor has me on tranquilizers, but they don't even help much. i pray that God overcomes evil like these powerhungry cops. they just turned me into a real pleasant citizen. really not much to look forward to now.

In some states, like Washington, its not actually legal anyway. It only allows for an affirmative defense. So the cops just rip everything out and let you go argue in front of a judge.

In some states, like Washington, its not actually legal anyway. It only allows for an affirmative defense. So the cops just rip everything out and let you go argue in front of a judge.

Actually about 1 month ago there was a story on NPR that the Seattle cops busted in a guys grow room in Ballard....he had only 15 plants and not much dry weight.

The cops said "sorry" and just left.

This may be more of a Seattle lienency than WA, but we can only hope it follow for other cities and counties as well.

after my experience i can only summize that there is an all-out war by the cops on old people who just want to relieve their pains with pot, who just want to be left in peace. and a state permit is no guarantee.
old people can't fight back. cops need not fear them. they can harrass and jail their own grandmothers. usually old people cannot afford a good lawyer. i don't think this is one bit funny. some day they will be old and in pain too. and i cannot say that i wish them well. i am watching my poor hubby now swallowing aspirins because the cops took his plants away. this hurts me down to my soul. on top of this we are getting paranoid here. we were searched, handcuffed, jailed, because a friend, also on medical card, grew a few too many plants. we didn't even know. now they sent me a letter that they want to confiscate our family home. i already told them over my dead body. i don't even use pot. thank you, Maui county, for giving me PTSD, insomnia, crying spells and who knows what else. i am almost 74 years old. not much more i can take. doctor has me on tranquilizers, but they don't even help much. i pray that God overcomes evil like these powerhungry cops. they just turned me into a real pleasant citizen. really not much to look forward to now.

makes me want to cry, literally, but what can I do, literally? What can I do? It really sucks but without a huge movement of people willing to put their money, assets, and personal freedom at stake it seems hopeless sometimes. I have children who really have to come before me and my own personal pain, if I am in jail for fighting the injustice than I can not take care of my family. What do I do?

I might be a conspiracy theorist at heart so take what I say with a grain of salt. I personally believe that the majority of cops have no real issue with MJ but there are enough cops on the force that are on the take of illegal marijuana that these new legal laws are cutting into money they would normally have gotten through support of the illegal system. Yes that would mean that criminals are putting people behind bars for hurting their bottom line. Corrupt police in this country needs to be seriously addressed but how do you get a dirty cop when 10 good cops have no idea that their peer and friend is actually a criminal and will protect him with as much ardor as you would a friend who was busted for being within legal limits.

Besides everyone knows that the three biggest opponents of totally legal marijuana are the Pharmaceutical companies, Textile Companies, And the worst and biggest enemy... Drug dealers.

when people see hope, there will always be some rich fuck with a personal agenda. That person (drug companies, and drug cartels in this case) will always seek out ways to bully people into whatever the hell hey want, no matter what the people want or need! so they pay and brainwash some moron with a badge into using his/her authority to oppress the masses....things will never change unless people sack up!!!

In my state the first didprnserirs can't online a month or so ago. Part of the requirements to get a card if to be fingerprinted and a monthly drug test(they want to make sure I'm smoking THEIR shit, how many dealers would love to have that level of control on their customers?!

The fingerprinting is just a setup to nab card holders if the law back peddles.

That all bring said the local police really don't care about weed anymore, well they care if you meet certain ethnic requirements, but if your busted it's a fine. I agree wholehearted with the idea it's crooked police on the take though, the total assets taken by police exceeded assets stolen by break ins, that right there says a lot.

Monthly drug tests? How do they know, how can they tell if you're using ther products or not?

I didn't think tests for marijuana were that sensitive or accurate to determine what strain your using.

What gets me is this is medical marijuana, and because of federal laws health insurance companies won't cover it, so it's all out of pocket costs. What they don't realize is that many users of medical marijuana are also disabled and on fixed incomes.

Add to that the fact that many of these States won't even allow you to grow your own medical marijuana. Personally, I think if a State allows medical marijuana they should allow the disabled the freedom to grow their own medicine.

My state now has a medicinal cannabis thing. But I'll just keep on doing what I've always done and not bother any suits with requests for paperwork or other hassles. They're busy enough, lol.

In return, they'll keep their noses out of my grow room.

And that'll change when the dispensaries start selling exactly the strains that I'm looking for, at reasonable prices. I figure they'll be having snowball fights in Hell before that ever happens :icon_roll ....

TS I wish you luck.

I'm a beginner at all this, especially with cannabis. Sure I dabbled a little in the seventies, but really didn't smoke much. More of an opportunist, if friends were smoking, I'd try some. But I probably smoked more in high school than college. The last time I smoked any was in 1980, 37 years ago.

Three years ago we were in Amsterdam and purchased a brownie. My husband and I split it. He got so stoned. Me? I didn't feel anything at all.

That could be because I've been on narcotic pain meds since 2001. Since 2009 I've been on a Fentanyl 75 patch and up to 90mg of Oxycodone per day. I want to get off the Fentanyl completely and switch to extended release Oxycodone. Then I can try reducing the oxy 15mg at a time. I'm hoping medical marijuana will help me do that, plus I'm hoping it will help me sleep better. Oh, I've been suffering from chronic pain from Fibromyalgia, arthritis, and degenerative disc disease. Been this way since mid-nineties. Tried everything and last resort was taking narcotic pain meds. Luckily I don't have opioid use disorder, I've been on the same dose since 2009. And I'm really,really hoping medical marijuana will help me.

TS I wish you luck.

And I, you.

Three years ago we were in Amsterdam and purchased a brownie. My husband and I split it. He got so stoned. Me? I didn't feel anything at all.

I think I'm like that. Different reasons, probably. People seem to talk about edibles like they would a religious experience. I don't turn them down (I wouldn't turn down any substance that counted as cannabis - or as food, lol). But I eat one and I remember the fact that I got a little sugar treat more than the THC (etc.) content.

And I've been noticing - on the few occasions that I've been able to check ;) - that I'm not getting much effect, even if the person who came by to share it with me is a fellow Big Head from Way Back and he's/she's a giggling puddle from it. IDK. I think that is depressing me even more than almost everything else does.

That could be because I've been on narcotic pain meds since 2001. Since 2009 I've been on a Fentanyl 75 patch and up to 90mg of Oxycodone per day. I want to get off the Fentanyl completely and switch to extended release Oxycodone. Then I can try reducing the oxy 15mg at a time. I'm hoping medical marijuana will help me do that, plus I'm hoping it will help me sleep better. Oh, I've been suffering from chronic pain from Fibromyalgia, arthritis, and degenerative disc disease. Been this way since mid-nineties. Tried everything and last resort was taking narcotic pain meds. Luckily I don't have opioid use disorder, I've been on the same dose since 2009. And I'm really,really hoping medical marijuana will help me.

The fact that you've been on a steady dosage is an encouraging sign. The only guarantee in this game we call life is that, sooner or later, each of us will be allowed to stop playing it. But I'd be pretty optimistic that cannabis will allow you to reduce your opoid intake to some degree or other. Some have stopped taking them entirely but, of course, each of us are unique individuals - and we all have our own set of issues (and severity of same). But, yes, I'd be surprised if cannabis doesn't allow you to at least reduce the opoids.

For me- I didn't even know I was legally allowed to grow until my doctor informed me. The moment that I started my thread on here. I went with my dog to the police station with ALL my info and got to speak with a LT for an hour. I don't want opioids and I need my lung issues taken care of. Weed can do this - If they kick in my door. I will laugh. Laugh of more enjoyable when a doctor sets an expedite date on your life lol.
Either way. It's pot and medical use - if you are not in a state that you can't grow. Either move li

Back
Top Bottom