Arrest just lead to Activism!

King Kilroy

So i decided to write a post about my experience of getting arrested for possesion of marijuana. I live in california and was in possesion of marijuana within 1000 yards of a school when i was serched. The total amount of what i was carrying added up too; 7/10ths of a gram, a small pipe and mini-bong.

After being lectured by the officer for an hour i was relesed. But a few months later i was in court for it. My public defender, If you could call him a defender, didnt even read the whole case. I had to come back to court two more times because of his ignorance before i was finaly sentenced with six months of probation, including the tradtional Bi-weekly drug tests and 15 hours of community service, a 150 dollar defender fee and a 50 dollar "Victims Restitution" fee.

Now that last part stuck out the most to me. Who was the victim? It wasnt the county, the police or anyone else. I was the only victim in this situation. At least 5 hours spent in court/ with my defender and plus the 15 hours of community service. Money i needed gone. All for less then one gram of all natrual marijuana.

I just cant get my head around why stuff like this has to happen. We are supossed to be the best country in the world, not to mention california is "leading the nation". If so then why is it still illegal. Prop 19 might pass but that wont stop the federal government from raiding innocent lovers of the plant. This nation is stuck on the wrong track going the wrong way and when we try to turn around our own people bring us even farther down. We need to free the plant, It is the start to a better country.

And as my subject of this post say, This arrest just lead to me wanting to stop the spread of ignorance about marijuana. I will remain a marijuana activist until the day i die.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Can you not get a medical card? they aren't hard to get at all.
It is a good thing that this unfortunate incident has caused you to rethink your stance and be more active but, be careful, the more you make yourself seen, the more you are open to harassment!
Best of luck to you in all you do!

overheard some cops talking at breakfast. they were talking about a gal they busted for open container in a parking lot. when they came up to her she was smoking a joint. so the cop asked if she had a MMJ rec...she said no, so they ran her ID and came up with a probation on her. and hauled her off to jail.
their comments to each other was why she didin't just answer "yes, I have a dr. rec, just not on me, officer." and they would have let her go after dumping her beer and stomping on her joint.

moral- even if you dont have a rec, say you have one.

Gotta ask tho why you were searched? what got the cops attention in the first place? and what county was this in?

El Dorado county and uh theres a reason the exacts of the search wernt explained.

Back
Top Bottom