100 day prison sentence for an 8 cm Joint Roach

wakslob

Here in Philadelphia, the cops arent so nice. So one morning i went to gather some money to get some tuna cans at the corner store. And so i left the house and 3 houses down was my neighbor hanging outside on the porch, that's what the do here in Philly. So i said whats up to him and spoke about a few things, next thing i know 15 super cops pulled up on us with guns out and told me to get against the wall. One cop said he was going to search me, and i was certain that i had no weed on me for i just took my shorts from out of the dryer. I said no problem search me. So he did and went through my pockets and didnt find anything, but as he lifted up the bottom of my pants, he had a joint roach in his hand about 8 centimeters left of it. He through it in an evidence bag and put the cuffs on me and hauled me away.
I spent over 6 months dealing with this issue and pleading for my innocents, The money i spent, the work i lost..and my jail sentence for over 100 days. I was already on probation at the time. And even know i was found not guilty. My probation officer said i had "police contact" and that it was a direct violation of probation and i had to spend 100 days in a maximum security prison. I feel as if this is no longer the country i thought it would be when i was growing up. A free country? Justice? Nonsense propaganda and Control. I wish somebody can take the feelings that are burning in my heart and release them tot his country, this needs to stop NOW!

Wow man. I am really sorry to hear that. Sounds like you need a good lawyer. Problem is that you gave them consent to search. Even if you are positive you have nothing on you, ALWAYS refuse a search, and have a lawyer to call immediately. Did they read you your Miranda rights?

Wow man. I am really sorry to hear that. Sounds like you need a good lawyer. Problem is that you gave them consent to search. Even if you are positive you have nothing on you, ALWAYS refuse a search, and have a lawyer to call immediately. Did they read you your Miranda rights?

no they dont read miranda rights here in PA. it was realy dirty i know he sleeved the roach and said it was mine..i dont even smoke blunts lol i smoke bongs and bowls, and an occasional joint.

Bummer bro. I live right outside of Philly and I know what those cops are like. I had a run-in a while back where I stopped at a convenience store in North Philly and out of no where the cops swarm the store. I went to get out of my car and had my car door slammed on my leg and was searched just for being there. Their probable cause was that I looked like I was buying drugs. They found a pack of rolling papers only but the bastards followed me after that for 15 minutes.

I hate police.

Bummer bro. I live right outside of Philly and I know what those cops are like. I had a run-in a while back where I stopped at a convenience store in North Philly and out of no where the cops swarm the store. I went to get out of my car and had my car door slammed on my leg and was searched just for being there. Their probable cause was that I looked like I was buying drugs. They found a pack of rolling papers only but the bastards followed me after that for 15 minutes.

I hate police.

The sentence I put in bold makes me want to vomit. Scum of the earth, cops are.

I hear ya on that Smokey. My father is an attorney. I never really told him too much about it at the time, but when I mentioned it years later, he told me he had many cases that involved wrongful accusations, planted drugs, coerced confessions, and probable cause issues. He knows I smoke and he's always warning me that shit doesn't always have to be true for them to prove it. They just need evidence. Then when they arrest you for it, they try to get you to rat out the bigger guy. Some people actually give themselves up instead of just keeping quiet and not saying a thing. Its fucked up but its the way of the law.

Always remember you have a right to remain silent. They need to prove you did it, not the other way around although they make it seem that way by asking you millions of questions.

I never heard anything good about that place (PA). Sounds worse than the deep south.

Ok.... I'm not liking any of this........

I live in PA and I've lived in philly......

Cops dont normally care about trees. Fact is they just passed a law decriminalizing the possession of a gram or so I forget how much..wonder why lmao,,

One time me and three buds were chillen on our porch and we knew a cop was going to show up because of something that had happened while we were out earlier.
We immediately sparked up and waited for him. The second we saw him coming down the street we put down our stuff and walked on over to him and explained what had happened. The cop didnt give a f****** about the insane stench of grade A buds coming from the four of us all he cared about was how to get out of our neighborhood...
I was pulled over and had just finished smoking... Cop never even asked me to get out the car he wrote me up instead for a taillight that I later found out was fine.........A dirty cop that didn't even care about trees..??
I am very upset that PA has not moved forward in the legalization and some other things but I will say FUCK tha thought of pa being like the south ok.... In the south a first time offender will go to jail a long time for a roach, they also try to put rocks in your bags to give you higher charges... Those ppl are nasty...
Also the Miranda rights thing..... Not sure about that. I know some ppl that def have heard it a few times because ppl like us wait for cops to not do their job so we can sue them... NEVER CONSENT TO A SEARCH..LMAO

That does blow about the police contact bs though..... Pa has a bad judicial system it's so and very relentless.

I hear ya on that Smokey. My father is an attorney. I never really told him too much about it at the time, but when I mentioned it years later, he told me he had many cases that involved wrongful accusations, planted drugs, coerced confessions, and probable cause issues. He knows I smoke and he's always warning me that shit doesn't always have to be true for them to prove it. They just need evidence. Then when they arrest you for it, they try to get you to rat out the bigger guy. Some people actually give themselves up instead of just keeping quiet and not saying a thing. Its fucked up but its the way of the law.

Always remember you have a right to remain silent. They need to prove you did it, not the other way around although they make it seem that way by asking you millions of questions.

WOW!!!!!!!! I guess I must be wrong with my first post.... holy shit guys I'm sorry.
Hey Herbs!!!!!!! I tried posting on your page but I'm too new. Please accept my friend request.

I do not live there anymore but glad AZ got mmj at last. Back in the 80's California and Arizona had issues with 2 things.

Arizona :
At 18 you could carry a pistol (.357 mag, 9mm didn't matter) np if not a felon.(no lisence needed)

legal drinking age was 19

Any "usable" amount of pot was a felony ( a seed or roach )

I knew a few people that got 1-2 years for a couple of joints.

California :
Pot possesion was a misdemeanor (small quantities)

Legal drinking age was / is 21

Carrying a gun was your ass ( a felony) unless you had a lisence.

Going back and forth across the state line was a HUGE pain in the ass.

:peace:
WillyB

I do not live there anymore but glad AZ got mmj at last. Back in the 80's California and Arizona had issues with 2 things.

Arizona :
At 18 you could carry a pistol (.357 mag, 9mm didn't matter) np if not a felon.(no lisence needed)

legal drinking age was 19

Any "usable" amount of pot was a felony ( a seed or roach )

I knew a few people that got 1-2 years for a couple of joints.

California :
Pot possesion was a misdemeanor (small quantities)

Legal drinking age was / is 21

Carrying a gun was your ass ( a felony) unless you had a lisence.

Going back and forth across the state line was a HUGE pain in the ass.

WillyB

That is too funny!!!

It was funny in a sad way, had kids from Cali come to Az to drink since age was 2 years lower..... they bring pot and get busted.

Az kids would go to Cali to get pot and get busted with a "legal in Az" gun in their car........

I was in the USAF in 1980 and moved to Az. at 17. At 18 I recieved a Smith&Wesson .357 for my BD from an uncle (moms side of the family are hunters/ gun people from Pa.) At 18 I could put on a belt with a holstered .357 on my hip and walk around Phoenix with no problem, and at 19 I could go get drunk off my ass and have a loaded gun on me. But.....if I got caught with a joint I could be sentenced to 1-2 years... how crazy is that???

I feel really bad for the OP, but this sh*t has been going on for a long long time.... something needs to be done.

WillyB

I'm with ya bro. Stoners don't even usually leave their house unless its for food... let alone have a problem walking around with a loaded gun. I'm more afraid of a drunk redneck with a 9mm than a hippie with an AK-47.

Shit I'd let the guy smoking the joint hold the button to the nuke before anyone else. He would forget to push it... lol

Pot is wrongly labeled as a class 1 narcotic by the federal government. The same government that allows millions to die each year from cigarette smoke and alcohol related incidents, just because the taxes pay their salaries.

If they were smart, they'd realize they'd get a raise by the legal recreational distribution just like alcohol. Just ask Amsterdam, Holland... they rake in millions from tourists alone.

Sucks for us right now and something needs to be done about it. I don't like my tax dollars going to some jackass in county jail's meal program because he was selling weed on the corner and got caught. I think they should go to a better cause.

If they were smart, they'd realize they'd get a raise by the legal recreational distribution just like alcohol. Just ask Amsterdam, Holland... they rake in millions from tourists alone.

Holland is changing tho
They are trying to get the tourists out, with a 'weedpass' they want to apply wich only residents can have. So black market will be blooming again.

First off, Wakslob, your situation is another prime example of police abusing us humble tokers. Best of luck to you and am sympathetic with you brother.

I never heard anything good about that place (PA). Sounds worse than the deep south.

PA is ruthless, its illegal to even own a water based smoking device in PA (bong). Always be careful when ordering a smoking device online and having it shipped to PA. Customs can confiscate it as it enters the country or state. Furthermore the company that said smoking device was ordered from will most likely not refund your purchase. Use a head shop!

Wake that really does sux.100 days for a roach.well i live in the south an it's about the almighty $$$$$.Busted many times some came out ok other's did not.When i had cash could walk but no $$$$ no freedom.Herb's i'm with u on Amsterdam Buut they r trying to change the law 4 tourist.no more smoke shop's 4 them.heard it some where..short term long term got it all these day's.Last time i got clipped was 4 764 gram's.Would have cost me 3000$ an 2 yrs probation.well i took the 45 day's suspended for 2 yr's did em an no $$$ was made for the county.fk em all.now am a hermit to say.grow smoke toke on all an stay safe.
Godspeed,
DnR

sorry DnR, the county made plenty from u're jail time. u see, if u have a "problem" u can get federal & sometimes state money. to lock up non-violent offenders the gov't pays $150 a day. 45days X $150 = $6750. less 10% to the judge. his cut would be $675 & the county's cut would be $6075. conflict of interest? u bet! this is, somehow, legal. don't ask me how, but they can explain it away. both my daughters are private prosecuters & they go after crooked judges & it's VERY difficult because they have built-in protection against prosecution. this is why lawyers making $500k a yr. spend their own money to fund a campain for a judgeship that pays $90k yr. law enforcement & the courts are a business & they're growing that business every year (ie: new courts are being added every year). if u think i'm blowin' smoke, befriend a sr. attorney.

paw-paw,

Hello dude.well where i live is bout as crooked as a snake as it is all over.I do know that the courts r all about the $$$$$.Had a judge here sentence me yrs ago gave me 4 yrs 4 weed Then after abot 10 months was released on the fact the judge was busted snorting coke in his chambers an need less to say a lot of cases were over turned due to this.Ain't it great how our courts an gov.r worst than the lot of us put togeather.tell ur daughters go get em an hang em high.LOL u stay safe an i will.
Godspeed,
DnR

Well Finally, tomorrow will be my Second to Last P.O. Visit. Im just waiting for them to pull something out of their ass.

Back
Top Bottom