Feds cause unemployment

SkiBum1353

I have been a medical card holder since 2001, yet I recently lost my job due to a random drug test because the Feds consider it illegal! Where is the justice in this? It has been proven time & time again that people that use marijuana are more reliable employees than those that don't!

Thats why i refuse to work for a place that tests!

I peed in my fair share of cups for uncle sam.

Im over that crap.

Im very sorry that happened to you. Is there any way to fight or appeal it. I hope everything works out for you...

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thats bad man i would fight it with the labour board as why is percocets a legal medication and it will screw you up more then MJ ever will and it has caused multiple deaths unlike MJ ever has.

The problem is because somebody in the 60's made it an illegal drug it still is listed as such and i think it will always be.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Actually, it was the greed of a few men that feared what marijuana/hemp would do to their industries! It threatened the oil, textile & timber industries! And, they were able to pay off enough of Congress to have it made illegal! Doctors by the dozens went to testify to Congress about the medicinal benefits of marijuana, only to be told to shut up or they would lose their medical license!
That is when the pharmaceutical companies realized they could cash in, as well!
That was the beginning of the end for marijuana! Now, we need to get the pharmaceutical companies hands out of the pockets of Congress! Or, is it the other way around? Think about how inexpensive drugs might be if the pharmaceutical companies did not have so many members of Congress on the payroll!

I drove a school bus for 20 years peeing in cups once or twice a year. I had no choice but to stay clean. Here's the stupid part (as we all know)..it was ok to take sleeping meds prescribed by a doctor, which I tried and that stuff messed me up so bad. When i could have smoked instead to help with my sleep issue and not had any side-effects. I also worked with others who were medicated for chronic pain...not to mention addicted to pills. And to think an educated group of professionals would say it's ok for school bus drivers to take pills and NOT use medical mj proves that we the people are not in their best interest, nor the safety of the children. I am now able to get on board with you guys and be a voice for our civil rights in this matter wo fear of losing my job. I want to help educate people and be apart of ending this ridiculous war that is doing more harm then good.
My husband is a doctor and believes as we do but we are not sure how much he can be involved wo a risk of losing his licence as well. That's really sad when the guys who actually know the business have to stay quiet bc their licence could be in jeopardy. Wow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Most jurisdictions do not punish doctors for advocating the benefits of marijuana, anymore! Of course, it depends on the State where you live.
The main thing anyone/everyone should do is to call/write/Tweet/Facebook their State Representatives every day & express your thoughts! They will respond in a positive manner if enough people do that, daily. One of their primary concerns is to get re-elected! And, the more prominent you are, the more weight it seems to carry.
And, please encourage others to do the same!

The reason the labor board will not do anything is that Percocet is considered to be legal and marijuana (as we know) is not!
That is the issue as we know it! The pharmaceutical companies have a stranglehold on Congress. And, until we break the, we will always be climbing uphill!

I'm in Texas. In my research I have discovered NORML and hoping to make my 1st meeting this month. It appears there is a group of doctors involved with them. It seems like if I could start a petition and have all medical doctors sign it. Wonder if that would hold much weight? My husband just said they may be afraid to sign it. I can be very persuasive when I'm passionate about something.

Tell him that, even with Trump's Russian connections, this is still America! And, because of that nobody can be crucified for their opinions! He can still sign the petition! Depending on Texas regulations, he would probably only be jeopardizing anything if he actually prescribed it!
In Nevada (where I live) state regulations will not allow any information to be disclosed to anyone about what a doctor has to say about marijuana to his/her patients. But, we do not require a doctor to prescribe marijuana. Only to verify that a qualifying medical condition exists.
Bottom line . . . Have him sign the petition! We have to come out of the shadows regarding the effectiveness of marijuana for so many things!

Tell him that, even with Trump's Russian connections, this is still America! And, because of that nobody can be crucified for their opinions! He can still sign the petition! Depending on Texas regulations, he would probably only be jeopardizing anything if he actually prescribed it!
In Nevada (where I live) state regulations will not allow any information to be disclosed to anyone about what a doctor has to say about marijuana to his/her patients. But, we do not require a doctor to prescribe marijuana. Only to verify that a qualifying medical condition exists.
Bottom line . . . Have him sign the petition! We have to come out of the shadows regarding the effectiveness of marijuana for so many things!
So true. I hope I live to see Texas get on the bandwagon. Too much pain, harm and cost involved in this war on drugs. I totally agree with the fact that when more harm is done to an individual from the punishment then the crime itself..something is messed up. I have seen things happen to my friends over this that is heart breaking to say the least. Families broken up.. 2 dogs shot because they were in the line of fire. And my dear friend had never even seen a gun..until the day the police knocked on her door and came in her home shooting her dog...she lost her kids and a dog..over what?? A little weed? Makes me cry just writing this.

It saddens me to hear of atrocities like that! But, keep the faith as I believe this is our year. Attorney general Sessions laid down the gauntlet during his confirmation hearing that, If Congress has wearied of this law, then they need to change it!"
And, I believe enough people have jumped on the bandwagon to (hopefully) get this done!
Remember, it takes daily contact with your State Representatives to let them know how you feel. And, please reach out to anyone/everyone to do the same! This will not happen without grassroots (no pun intended) effort!

It saddens me to hear of atrocities like that! But, keep the faith as I believe this is our year. Attorney general Sessions laid down the gauntlet during his confirmation hearing that, If Congress has wearied of this law, then they need to change it!"
And, I believe enough people have jumped on the bandwagon to (hopefully) get this done!
Remember, it takes daily contact with your State Representatives to let them know how you feel. And, please reach out to anyone/everyone to do the same! This will not happen without grassroots (no pun intended) effort!
I have jumped on board with NORML, made my second meeting last night and trying to learn how to be an activist for the movement. So many little details I had no clue. I'm going to the Capitol next week and begin my journey into politics.

I hope that 420 Magazine is able to give you the knowledge to push forward!
I have stepped up my game a little . . . As I have accepted a position at 420 Magazine as the "News Moderator." So, with every article I post, I am learning a little more!
Good luck!

I hope that 420 Magazine is able to give you the knowledge to push forward!
I have stepped up my game a little . . . As I have accepted a position at 420 Magazine as the "News Moderator." So, with every article I post, I am learning a little more!
Good luck!
Sounds like an awesome position. Lately all I do is keep up with the the house bill that is in favor of legalizing for medicinal in my state and all cannabis news...what a fun job! I wish you the best:)

Sounds like an awesome position. Lately all I do is keep up with the the house bill that is in favor of legalizing for medicinal in my state and all cannabis news...what a fun job! I wish you the best:)

Thank you!
Are you signed up for our newsletter? And, be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
All of the news is my input.
PS
Texas has a bill passing now, I believe!

Thank you!
Are you signed up for our newsletter? And, be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
All of the news is my input.
PS
Texas has a bill passing now, I believe!
Yes, I get the newsletter and will certainly like on Facebook. There is HB 2107 and is in the Senate. If I said any of that wrong I'm still politics 101! Lol!

Please look for me as "Ron Strider" in Facebook & "friend" me. Of course, I will need to know what name (yours) to look for. .

Back
Top Bottom