A Needless Death in Montana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
by Dan Bernath

Scott Day, a friend of MPP and a Montana medical marijuana patient who suffered from a rare, painful degenerative disease, died Tuesday at 34.

Scott and his wife Summer were raided in February and charged with possession, manufacturing, and distributing marijuana. Summer believes the stress of prosecution had a great deal to do with the deterioration of Scott’s health this year.

Legally, prosecutors may have been justified in pursuing the couple under state law. The two were not registered medical marijuana patients at the time of their arrest, although Montana law allowed them to present an affirmative defense that their marijuana use was medically necessary and therefore justified under the law.

Morally, however, there is absolutely no excuse for the nightmare state law enforcement inflicted on Scott and Summer. It’s too late for Scott now, but Beaverhead County Attorney Jed Fitch has a moral imperative to use his prosecutorial discretion to drop Summer’s charges and allow her to tend to her health and her grief.

If you agree, please let Mr. Fitch know.

scottday-pic-chad-300x200.jpg

Source

:rollit:
by Dan Bernath

Scott Day, a friend of MPP and a Montana medical marijuana patient who suffered from a rare, painful degenerative disease, died Tuesday at 34.

Scott and his wife Summer were raided in February and charged with possession, manufacturing, and distributing marijuana. Summer believes the stress of prosecution had a great deal to do with the deterioration of Scott's health this year.

Legally, prosecutors may have been justified in pursuing the couple under state law. The two were not registered medical marijuana patients at the time of their arrest, although Montana law allowed them to present an affirmative defense that their marijuana use was medically necessary and therefore justified under the law.

Morally, however, there is absolutely no excuse for the nightmare state law enforcement inflicted on Scott and Summer. It's too late for Scott now, but Beaverhead County Attorney Jed Fitch has a moral imperative to use his prosecutorial discretion to drop Summer's charges and allow her to tend to her health and her grief.

If you agree, please let Mr. Fitch know.

scottday-pic-chad-300x200.jpg

Source

total bull to be run this way.pain relief is suppose to be between doc and patient not gvernment and patients.come on trust god not man...
sleep well Scott

All because he was harvesting an completely natural plant. Always sad.
Try and help by getting on these juries people. We had a couple crooked cops and DA's that were trying to prosecute these nonsense cases and beat them just by having real people on the jury.

Someone passing is always a shame. A Montanan... even more so. RIP :peace:

One day, common sense and compassion for the suffering of others will rule the land. Until then, our community will lose it's citizens to the justice system or the cemetary. RIP, Scott.

My deepest sympathies

It puzzles me sometimes how some people are capable of doing this to such a sick person and look at others with a straight face.

how can you accuse and treat someone so sick as a dangerous criminal, rob them of there medicine and send them through the grinder of our legal system.

They are no less criminal in my eyes. I couldn't live with myself with such a decision. My morals are to great.

Yea, Montana is like a big echo as far as anything going on. I can imagine some stupid crimes are always on the old radar there. What a shitfest this world is. if i ever get rich, im moving to amsterdam. going to orgasm constantly for first 48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom