I 502

Can you post so data on this, so everyone understands what you are talking about? :thumb:

Sure no problem. I 502 is an initiative to allow marijuana to be legal for recreational use to adults over 21 years of age.

You will be allowed to possess 1 ounce and purchase this from a state ran facility.

There will be a number of license for sale to become a state grower.

A DUI provision of 5ng/ml

Hopefully you will allow this link to get a more in depth read on it. :Namaste:

I 502

Sure no problem. I 502 is an initiative to allow marijuana to be legal for recreational use to adults over 21 years of age.

You will be allowed to possess 1 ounce and purchase this from a state ran facility.

There will be a number of license for sale to become a state grower.

A DUI provision of 5ng/ml

Hopefully you will allow this link to get a more in depth read on it. :Namaste:

I 502
Normal employment and accident involved drug tests are done at a 50ng cutoff level not 5ng. That means that if you get pulled over for say a broken tailight and the officer says he smells cannabis because you have long hair or might look the part of a drug user he gets to have you tested. So at the 5ng level, if you smoked a joint in the last couple of weeks and even if you're a legal cannabis patient you get a dui. Which means now you will be required to pay for and go to a drug counseling and testing program for a few months or a year where you won't be allowed to take your medicine. And all these programs are god based. What happens if your an atheist like me?lol
Have no problem with most of the other provisions of the intiative other than it was drafted to place a couple of the more prosperous dispensaries in a very financial advantageous position to profit off of this.
I jus hate the idea of replacing one phony law with another phony law.

Don't like the law because it put the state in charge and you know that your not going to get a license to grow or sell the sales will go to the liquor stores or well connected politicians friends, same with the growers lics. At present it says it will not change the medical users status but i'll give long odds on that being outlawed as soon as the new set up is in place. At the end of Prohibition the government sent milk trucks into the hills of Va and Ky buying at top dollar every ounce of moonshine they could get as took it and added food coloring sold it as rye whiskey. Soon as the distilleries were up and running they raided and cut every still they had bought from

Don't like the law because it put the state in charge and you know that your not going to get a license to grow or sell the sales will go to the liquor stores or well connected politicians friends, same with the growers lics. At present it says it will not change the medical users status but i'll give long odds on that being outlawed as soon as the new set up is in place. At the end of Prohibition the government sent milk trucks into the hills of Va and Ky buying at top dollar every ounce of moonshine they could get as took it and added food coloring sold it as rye whiskey. Soon as the distilleries were up and running they raided and cut every still they had bought from
And thats part of the problem with this initiative because we already know the state will not involve itself in licensing and regulators of cannabis institutions. The legislature wrote a law last year to do this exact thing and the governor line item vetoed almost all of it because the DOJ wrote her a nasty letter saying they would arrest any state employees that were involved in any way with the cannabis industry. Doesn't mean the governor can't do it legally if she wants. Because cannabis laws are completely legal under the 10th Amendment of the Bill of Rights. But you have to have the balls to tell the feds to fuck off.

I plan to vote for it and sit back and enjoy the impending shit storm.

The bad thing is the way it is written and that is if any part is tossed for any reason "it will have no effect on the remaining parts"
In 6 months the only thing left will be the driving restrictions. This will become the nationally accepted standard for driving under the influence and have you EVER seen a state increase the allowable blood alcohol limit?

The bad thing is the way it is written and that is if any part is tossed for any reason "it will have no effect on the remaining parts"
In 6 months the only thing left will be the driving restrictions. This will become the nationally accepted standard for driving under the influence and have you EVER seen a state increase the allowable blood alcohol limit?
Yep. Because most of the other parts require the state government to run and we already know they won't do it because the federal DOJ will just come in and shut it down. Fighting an uphill battle as always with just so much money being made off of it staying illegal.

According to the initiative and I will quote it....

"All moneys received by the state liquor control board or any employee thereof from marijuana-related activities shall be deposited each day into a depository approved by the state treasurer and transferred to the state treasurer to be credited to the dedicated marijuana fund"

Just remembering how badly they screwed up state liquor sale profits....:goodjob:

I will be voting NO, not only because of the DUI law but because the state will get a 50% tax. 25% tax on what is grown and a 25% tax on what it sells for. Will drive the price right through the roof. Double what you are paying now thats for sure.
It will guarantee a black market for competitive reasons. Would still love to see cannabis legalized for adults but this is not the right initiative for that purpose.

I will be voting NO, not only because of the DUI law but because the state will get a 50% tax. 25% tax on what is grown and a 25% tax on what it sells for. Will drive the price right through the roof. Double what you are paying now thats for sure.

A 25% tax at each level. 25% for producer, 25% for processor and 25% for distribution + sales tax at the last level.

Estimated assumtions per gram

$3 for producer
$6 for processor
$12 for retail purchase price

It will guarantee a black market for competitive reasons. Would still love to see cannabis legalized for adults but this is not the right initiative for that purpose.

I agree 420% with a cost of $250 for application fee then $1,000 per year for your license.

100 producers half of which will be processors as well and a total of 55 processors. With 328 retail outlets.

According to the initiative and I will quote it....

"All moneys received by the state liquor control board or any employee thereof from marijuana-related activities shall be deposited each day into a depository approved by the state treasurer and transferred to the state treasurer to be credited to the dedicated marijuana fund"

Just remembering how badly they screwed up state liquor sale profits....:goodjob:
This isn't going to happen. If the state collects money from illegal federal products the feds will come in and confiscate it. The state government will not go any where near that and risk state employees going to jail.

A 25% tax at each level. 25% for producer, 25% for processor and 25% for distribution + sales tax at the last level.

Estimated assumtions per gram

$3 for producer
$6 for processor
$12 for retail purchase price
Makes for a pretty expensive product. Basically the price of cannabis will double. Thats going to open a huge market for black market sales.

Looks like its going to pass.It will be good for all the adults that want to be able to partake legally now, but then it turns them into a criminal the second they get behind the wheel. But I suppose the legalizing for adults will be a good movement to start this nationally. Maybe as other states adopt this the feds will finally start paying attention and do their jobs and legalize it.

Back
Top Bottom