What's being done by whom?

CivDis

It seems like everybody is super unhappy with WA state cannabis laws right now. Personally, I believe that our state government will get this right in the long run, but it may take a while and the enlightened citizens can't sit back and rest for a long, long time. And it totally sucks the people that are going to get hurt in the short run.

But I haven't really head of anybody stepping up and organizing or agitating outside of a petition circling inside the medical community.

Anybody have any pointers to who is stepping up?

Thanks!

Ok, I'm doing my own research.

So far I have found this:

Real Legalization

Real Legalization declares 2015 the year for 15 plants and 24 oz for all adults in Washington state

The team here at Real Legalization are proud to announce that we are ready to start gathering signatures for initiative I-739. You can get 4 signature short sheets to print yourself here. If you would like to gather signatures or host 20 signature sheets, please email the Real Legalization team at info@reallegalization.org.

This initiative would allow parents to medicate their children without getting a recommendation from a doctor.
It would allow every Washingtonian to grow up to 15 plants and have up to 24 ounces per adult in their home. It would allow any adult to transfer up to an ounce to any other adult if not for profit.
It would vacate ALL past misdemeanor possession convictions.
It would make any first time marijuana offense for a minor a civil infraction if the act was not illegal for an adult. This would include driving between 0 and 5 ng.
And it would protect patients from the 5 ng DUI limit.

We had to sue the AG to get decent ballot title and summary language, but the results were worth it. We should have petitions ready for download in the next few days.

We will definitely need help this year. Now that SB-5052 has passed, any movements that try to upset the commercial Big Cannabis market will face stiff opposition. We are asking any and all to join in this grassroots movement. If you know Cannabis activists in Washington state who use Facebook, tell them to look at our group for updates: Log into Facebook | Facebook

If your cannabis activist friends use Google Plus they can check out the Real Legalization Google Plus Community here: Sign in - Google Accounts

And ------------------------------------

**An Initiative Measure No. 1372 to Protect & Strengthen RCW 69.51A - cppwaorg

**An Initiative Measure No. 1372 to Protect & Strengthen RCW 69.51A

Initiative To The People Protecting And Strengthening RCW 69.51A

WASHINGTON STATE--Initiative Measure No. 1372 filed January 6, 2015, started gathering signatures for this November's ballot. This initiative to the People will protect and strengthen the medical cannabis law, RCW 69.51A, by offering compassion, clarity and consistency through the following changes:

◦ Bringing Washington state law into compliance with stated federal policy

◦ Allowing business owners to obtain licenses for producing, processing or dispensing cannabis in a commercial manner. Using the language from ESSB 5073, specifying cannabis for medical use licensing, allowing producers and processors to deliver cannabis to any cannabis for medical use licensee, and allowing the botanical herb tax exemption on cannabis for medical use.

◦ Creating and empowering the cannabis for medical use board, made up of the state and the community, to govern all aspects of the market. Through licensing and regulation fees, revenue is generated for the board to regulate the not-for-profit cannabis for medical use market while remaining revenue neutral.

◦ Maintaining small, private residential gardens and patient cooperatives that do not violate the spirit or intent of law. As well as protecting existing cannabis farmer's markets serving qualifying patients.

◦ Restoring reciprocity for non-residents and other protections passed by the Legislature in ESSB 5073.

◦ Removing any instances of partially vetoed language. Reinstating essential definitions including cannabis, cannabis products, plant, etc., and correcting the spelling error of “useable”.

◦ Adding Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury to the list of qualifying conditions, as well as addresses suitability of organ transplants to ensure that medical use of cannabis can no longer be the sole disqualification for treatment.

◦ Extending the same criminal and civil protections to qualifying patients that prescription drug patients receive.

◦ Limiting housing discrimination for the medical use of cannabis.

◦ Restricting employment-related cannabis testing for qualifying patients.

◦ Requiring video proof of impairment for qualifying patients.

◦ Adding in protection to qualifying patients under 18 years of age, patients, legal guardians, and their designated providers.

◦ Expanding the tetrahydrocannabinoidols controlled substance exemption to health care professionals, qualifying patients, designated providers, collective gardens, cannabis for medical use licensees, licensed testing facilities.

◦ Limiting cooperation with federal investigations of authorized medical use of cannabis activities.

Signatures are being gathered to qualify for this November ballot. The deadline for gathering the 246,372 signatures from register voters required to qualify is July 2, 2015. It is our belief that this can be accomplished if every qualifying patient were to sign or every registered voter in Seattle would sign at once.

---------------------------

Deadlines are approaching and things seem really quiet. I will try to find more status info and an easy way to sign the petitions.

I wish you the best. I think I you are so right- this is the time to be the most proactive or people will get totally shafted as they get tossed a half a crumb in the pretense of 'legalization'. I don't live in America- but good luck.

7th Press Release 9 June 2015 - cppwaorg says basically that they are fighting this on three fronts:

(1) I-1372, will protect and strengthen the medical cannabis laws. The citizen initive that would supersede SB 5052.

(2) R-76, a referendum. Keep Medical Access Safe and Separate.

(3) An injunction being filed for July 24 to stop all the closers and concentrate restrictions, etc.

From what I understand, they think the injunction VERY likely to work and that gives them time to organize and pay for signature gatherers for next years ballots for initiatives. As next year is a presidential election, a large voter turnout will most probably work quite nicely with any pro-pot initiative in our state. And if stoner nation is poised to show up at the polls, then the candidates will have pressure on them for a pro-pot stand.

The recreational lobbyist are pushing for initiative I-739, Real Legalization, which is a really good law I think. Real Legalization 15 plants, 28 oz and cleans up the random legal issues still on the books. Like if an 1 oz is legal, 1.1 oz shouldn't be a federal thing.

Yes, our law makers got really greedy this time, but I think in the long run it will work out in a true populist WA state way.

Back
Top Bottom