Just a dumb question?

Ripples

How is it I see people that joined this site today with 5 post and already have 5 and 6 sometimes 10 green marks as if they are a master grower asking questions like what is the proper PH for soil or is my plant ok and it's 2 days old and 1/2" tall? Things that make you go hhmmmmmm? Am I missing something or am I just stupid? That was a rhetorical question!.... Happy Growing my Brothers and Sisters!

:allgood:

You mean it's not a real dumb question? Does that make it a dumb mistake?
I have wondered about the reps thing- seen that full bar a couple times with new members. Not that I personally care much one way or the other how long another persons green thingy is but it seemed odd.

It's what you get. Years ago I was a frequent member of a gun website. Same set up with the bars. You'd have plenty of people that didn't know Jack about shooting,, But they had lots of green bars. Popularity. Look at mine here, prefect perfect,, I don't know Jack about growing,,, somehow I get those bars....

Weird.

I think the drones are to be blamed....

In my case it was just the lightning speed I noticed, not so much whether or not the person knew anything. Like it took me a month before a bar or two popped up. I didn't know what they were for. Reps is for fun. Fun to give away. The real reps will always be the real rep. I don't know about that title 'cannabis connoisseur though. I don't know what it's based on now but it would be cool if it was based on your growing and your knowledge instead of popularity. Like, I don't have a journal up and running yet and for all you know I've never grown a plant in my life but if I hung around here just blatherin' stuff for years I could get that CC title, which I wouldn't want.

only un asked qwestions, are dumb. what is one persons knoledge, is anothers treasure. i like to try and help. im not a cc. i just am not much on some sativas. i seem to get the ones that make me nervous, rather than the introspective thing. i have a habit of tossing the good strains, and keeping kansas city no high. lol.

I checked out the rep thread but am still wondering about something. I've been handing out reps but wondered why it was showing in the bottom of that users post as You and so and so like this. Then I finally clued in and started using the Like button. DOH!

Does Liking a post add to that users rep too or is it just to show that you liked that post?

Some of us old stoners can't see as good as we used too so I always highlight my posts and change the font and go to a larger size. This is done size 3 in Comic Sans MS font.

L8r

It's just to show that you liked the post. It doesn't add reps. Or often I use it just to say hi and show that I was around if I don't have anything to say. You found the reps button though- the star in the bottom left? - next to the exclamation mark which is used to report a post - or flag it to attract the mods for whatever reason.

Oh yeah Weaselcracker. It was the rep button I was hitting and not the like button but I have it all straightened out now thanks. :)

Then there's the Rate This Thread button too but that's easy.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom