Okay, so where do I look for answers then?

McCdive

This is the FAQ page. I see a few good sub directories and a ton of questions that should be asked in THEM. I see a great one on uploading pictures. Where do I find answers to uploading videos?? I'm throwing my hands up. I quit. I can't find it.

Help??
Andy.

Hey Andy. I've never uploaded a video before or had a need to - but I do know where the video upload icon is. It's in the line of colored icons directly above the text window I am typing in now. Second from the right just left of the quote bubble icon. Looks like a little segment of film strip. I've clicked it by accident before. It asks you to insert your video URL - looks straightforward though I haven't tried it. Good luck.

Holy crap, Weaselcracker! Could it be that easy?? I never tried that since you have to jump through so many hoops to upload pics. I just figured it has to be just as fucked up and confusing! lol. I'll try it out. Thanks, M8.

Thanks Ricky, but that thread is closed. What I'm wondering is if I can download a file straight from my PC to:420: Maybe I'm just dense and don't understand how the internet works, but I just wanted to share a vid for this community. Without having to post it to Youtube first. I'm not looking to share it with the entire world out there, just our little group. So is this possible??
Anyone???

Andy.
:Namaste:
:peace:

Hey McDive. After my reply last time I wondered if this is what you meant - after spotting the word 'uploading'. I'm pretty sure that 420 doesn't host videos in a gallery the way it does pictures. If I am right they'd have to be uploaded to a place like YouTube, and then linked to. I don't know what the options are besides YouTube.
I don't actually know what I'm talking about though, I'm just sorta guessing here. ;) The thing to do is ask a mod. I've flagged this thread and one will eventually come along.

Thanks you mods for all the work you do we love you!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

Holy crap, Weaselcracker! Could it be that easy?? I never tried that since you have to jump through so many hoops to upload pics. I just figured it has to be just as fucked up and confusing! lol. I'll try it out. Thanks, M8.

I second that McDive. The upload part is really messy, and I can't delete repeat pictures or have the comfort of rotating or resizing pics within the post or re-edit picture details. That would have been wicked.

I second that McDive. The upload part is really messy, and I can't delete repeat pictures or have the comfort of rotating or resizing pics within the post or re-edit picture details. That would have been wicked.

Thanks for trying, Weaselcracker. I don't know where else to turn. DesiBud, I've gone round and round about the picture editing and deleting with the powers that be and told them I hate it. Makes no difference to them. So be it. The only way I've found to upload a decent pic is to upload from phone to lappy and edit there and then on to 420MAG. It stinks, but it's not going to change anytime soon.
The video stuff has me stumped. (Not that that's hard to do)

Thanks Peeps!
Andy. :Namaste:

Hmmm. McDive, I've never had the need to upload a video so can only go so far with this. I assume you've tried to upload a video the same way as a picture is done? I see no mention of videos in the photo gallery so it would seem that the only option is that they're treated the same way as pics? I don't have one available to upload so can't test this out.

FYI, for the convenience and security of our members, we wish to host all content on site. If you need help with posting videos, please feel free to check out our tutorial: How To Post/Embed Videos

Thanks, CH, but that's the same link Weaslecracker gave me. Doesn't answer anything for me and it's closed to questions. Same brick wall I keep ending up at.
Sure would be nice to see an on-site 420MAG live chat room for members only........:straightface:

I just wanted to share a vid for this community. Without having to post it to Youtube first. I'm not looking to share it with the entire world out there, just our little group. So is this possible??

You can upload your video to youtube as "not listed", so it is only viewable with the link.

Your video would not appear on anyone's google search, but you can embed the video here :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom