Ignore list

Curly Beaver

If I understand correctly, if you put someone on your ignore list you don't have to read through any more of their posts. Does it also block them from seeing and/or posting in your threads or posts? I guess what I'm trying to ask is... is there a way to completely ignore someone(s)? Trying to figure out a way to follow threads of interest without having to sift through a bunch of chatter.
:helpsmilie:

Just try it.
From what I remember it will show the persons user name as normal next to their posts
,but instead of their post, it will show a little message like 'you have chosen to block this member's content' or something like that. Which isn't 100% satisfying but it's better than nothing if they're extremely annoying like a troll. Once some idiot troll posted a bunch of gruesome pics on the forum and in a situation like that it's handy to hit ignore right away. But if it's just regular talk in a thread and someone quotes them in their reply then obviously you will see what they said. There are a few people I find annoying but there's room to avoid them. It seems like making their posts invisible would be worse. So I just ignore them by not reading them -unless I want to.

If it's me you're talking about- just ask me to shut up.

If it's me you're talking about- just ask me to shut up.

:rofl::rofl: ...... annoying folks keep you grounded for real life, as even an anti-social hermit has to deal with people from time to time ;) though I have my weaknesses and feel that the PIT maneuver should be legal for regular citizens on stupid drivers ;) :rofl:

Ignoring them is generally best if you think that they won't change. Myself, I'd appreciate it if people just told me to my face if there's a problem. But I don't actually act on that attitude with other people much- I just let them do their thing. What goes around comes around and especially on this forum, dickheads always get vaporized eventually. As for chatterboxes... I have nothing to say about those people.

I will give it a try. I get tired of weeding through mindless chit chat, but sooner or later we all do it, probably just irritates some more than others.

It didn't take long to see how it works though:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom