420 app question 5.4.22

The Germinator

Signature used to work in my app. Now in settings the signature button can't be turned on even. Admin says sigs don't work in app but they used to work. Driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I have screenshots of my app signature. It's diff than my desktop signature. Anyone else having this issue?

On my Android. Signature in app works. Why did it quit on iPhone? I know it used to work.

I havent seen sigs in ages. Miss being able to have links to peoples journals.

I've been researching this today and noticed I haven't seen any sigs lately from anyone.

The signature function was removed from the of the app for several reasons, some more complicated to explain than others.

There were issues with forum links that worked on the app, but were not being translated properly by our forum software and vice versa. The app signature is on every post that a member makes, so a crafty spammer could make good use of the function, but our members often could not.

For example, if a member only posted a link in their app signature, it was invisible to everyone with a PC in most situations & even when it was visible, the link was often broken, so it only redirected to our forum homepage. This is bad for a forum, to have a load of broken links or spam that we can't even see.

We are in discussion with the app developers on how to solve these issues, thank you for your patience :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom