It would be great to split this forum into outdoor & indoor journals

Re: It would be great to split this forum into Outdoor/indoor journals.

If you go up to the settings drop down menu, find subscribed threads and look for yours. Quick & Easy.

I don't understand why we can't have separate outdoor journal and an indoor journal forums. I'm not trying to sound like a dick when I say this, so don't take it that way, but I have no interest in indoor/autos and would love to be able to browse only outdoor journals.

Most say outdoor in the title, just search OUTDOOR and I bet it will help u out.

Many are more interested in a similar strain being grown as much as if it's inside or outside, or similar lights

Most say outdoor in the title, just search OUTDOOR and I bet it will help u out.

Many are more interested in a similar strain being grown as much as if it's inside or outside, or similar lights

Most do not put indoor or outdoor in their title, I'd also like to see recent, active journals of outdoor grows.

I really feel this would be a fantastic change that should be considered.

This forum has been around for years, my personal feeling is that it wont make a drastic change like that anytime soon

Contact the MODS and ask for an OUTDOOR section in the Grow journals, see what they say

It wont happen unless YOU start pushing for it

Again just one guys opinion

IIRC, I made a request for this a while back. The answer was that there were relatively few outdoor journals - and, as a percentage of the whole, very few. Upon consideration, I had to agree with that. I think far fewer post their outdoor grows than their indoor ones because of security concerns. If I post a picture of my closet, lol, you'd have to have been a visitor in order to identify the location. But outdoor photos are, technically, much easier to identify if someone has been in the area (no, I'm not saying they're EASY - just easier).

Another thing is that a lot of people who do outdoor grows also do indoor ones, and often if they do post about their outdoor efforts, it is combined with their indoor journal.

I really like the idea of adding something to the journal's title. I use linux as my OS, and have noticed at many community help forums that, when a person's issue is solved, they edit their first post in the thread to reflect this. Generally, by prefacing the title with [SOLVED]. Would that work? For example:
[OUTDOOR]Flowers in May, BUDS in September

I assume that one can use the forum's built-in search routine to look for threads that contain [OUTDOOR] in their title. Even if that isn't the case (if it doesn't handle brackets?), a person can always use their favorite web-search engine and type site: , followed by the forum's web address with no spaces between it and the previous, then a space, and then whatever search term(s) the person wishes to use.

I wonder if the staff would consider adding this [OUTDOOR] preface to outdoor (only) journals? If so, when someone found an older outdoor journal, they could use the Report Post function on the first post in an outdoor journal and request such an addition.

IDK if they would be up for such a thing or not. After all, it requires a change to users' thread titles that the people who created them in the first place did not ask for. But it's a thought.

Back
Top Bottom