Please don't reply to Spambots - Help us fight them instead

Re: Kult Gladiator features 32GB internal memory!!

It's spam. 420 magazine is constantly under attack from spammers. You can help the community by reporting these posts as spam. 420 magazine is also seeking for more volunteers to take care of these spammers.

What the hell is this..

Just a heads up :thanks:

If you reply to a Spam post, you may get caught up in the Moderation process :cheer:

and become Banned as a Spambot as well :goodjob:

capture-3.jpg

I did not know that Mr Richardson. Thanks for the heads up. I see you changed this thread instead of getting us banned - Thanks again. :) I just volunteered to help get rid of these spammers, hope more people will do that as well. If human resources approves me that is - not sure "A deep hatred for spammers" is a good enough reason to be let in on the team :)

I did not know that Mr Richardson. Thanks for the heads up. I see you changed this thread instead of getting us banned - Thanks again. :) I just volunteered to help get rid of these spammers, hope more people will do that as well. If human resources approves me that is - not sure "A deep hatred for spammers" is a good enough reason to be let in on the team :)

:thanks: "A deep hatred for spammers" was my main reason for becoming a moderator :circle-of-love:

I see the rate at which they drop their pointless posts lol so I can totally understand the spray and pray mentality when it comes to these ruthless spambots lol.

When we delete a Bots posts and then move their posts to a special thread we have, if anyone has posted in their thread it can leave their posts in a thread titled "hey I'm a Bot" with their post now being the first post. Other ways it can happen accidentally too but that most common, but that is why better not to post in their thread as even if you don't get Banned it makes more work for us as we have to move those posts somewhere too manually.
Same goes with try to report a Bot only once, as if you report all 27 of their threads we have to move 27 reports manually to where those reports go ;) which makes us grumpy :rofl:

I report them also and have learned not to report all of them by the same poster as Dwight said it just creates more work for the patrol.

I report them also and have learned not to report all of them by the same poster as Dwight said it just creates more work for the patrol.

I usually go thru all the new threads since my last visit, we just don't want to discourage folks reporting them as sometimes the little buggers post in other folks threads, and it would take me forever to go thru every single post since my last visit and I wouldn't get to enjoy this site or try and help folks very much if I did that (even though I'm here a lot ;) just that there is only so many hours in a day :rofl: )

We created this to help those who help us - Questions & Answers - How To Deal With Spambots

I think I'd consider adding something to that post about...

the new threads

...how, if a member uses the "New Posts" search function, and sees a spambot thread via that, that this search lists the number of times a thread has been viewed. If that number is zero, then no one has reported the 'bot, since they would have had to have viewed the thread/post in order to do so. If, on the other hand, the number of views is 23... Lol.

The 'bots that create new threads are the easy ones. Sometimes they'll drop one into an existing thread, and it is a little less clear when doing the New Posts thing. Although after a while, you begin noticing trends in the account names, which does tend to help.

Couldn't you just add a captcha in the sign up process to stop them?

We already have this. If only it was so simple.

For obvious reasons we will not be discussing here the tactics we are continually using and/or trialing to combat, reduce and eventually prevent these pests.

Thank you for your support, everyone, in reporting them. We look forward to a day when that won't be necessary.

I've recently sent a few reports. I'm new so I wasn't sure about exactly what to do. I will review the instructions for when I encounter them again. Thanks for all the hard work team!
We gotta keep this place bot free clean up these mean streets.

Back
Top Bottom