Opinions regarding site redesign?

Is there a place for discussion regarding the re-design?

This seems like a pretty good thread for that kind of discussion, although the re-design is not finished yet.

What you see now is only the beginning of the process.

I like it so far, but there is still an awful lot of work going on in the background & a lot of new features that still have to be integrated.

...I guess Im not as patient as Tead...

Id like to poke...

The background pic that loads first while everything else pops up when its ready looks...amateurish. Whats the point of using picture for the background that is covered by the page... The old site loaded fast and complete. Also, a major part of the site is the gallery....having to hunt around to load pics is silly.

Just my 3 cents

:peacetwo:

If the website redesign is still ongoing could I please make a request for the "Today's New Posts" search function for the forums? Not sure if I'm just not seeing it or if it's been removed. I used to use that search function and it would show all new posts for today no matter what sub-forum posts were made in. Without it I load up the forums page and get overwhelmed with all the many sections and subsections.

Uhh wait never mind, I found the search function for "Today's New Posts" in the Forums drop down menu as "Search 420 forums" which I thought would just link to a blank search page where you could type in whatever keywords you wanna search for. Apparently not. Well atleast now I know "Search 420 forums" is actually "Today's New Posts".

I dont like it :rofl::rofl: (that's an Aussie joke, I'm taking the piss)... I'm sure I'll get used to it once I find where everything is, then not like the next redesign that make things easier again.. couple things I've noticed are, it's harder to log in using a phone.. username and password are tiny to grab hold of. Not sure of size on home computer or laptop.. and how do I upload photo now?

First impressions. I don't like it. I am a photo heavy kind of user. Can't find where to upload photos. Also hard to find new posts of my subscribed threads.

I am sure I will figure it out but cmon. These are medicated and straight up high as kite people here.

I am starting to find my way around but it's not as easy as the old one.

The only thing I believe that I have ever struggled with on the site is how to switch back and forth between webview and the common view that most of us see. I can never navigate my way back to the original home page to make the switch..... Other than that, I'm finding the site fine......no major glitches on my end.

Thanks for still hosting a killer site!!!

I think the full forum redo is a week or two away
All these great comments will be seen by the rebuild crew and most are already on the list of TO FIX

Biggest change will be NO BOTS, thus my future unemployment....lol..... But that's a good thing for sure

Keep up the feedback....I know it's all welcome...

And thanks for your patience during all the dust and construction

Also, if possible, put the " report " tab back in the corner......Sorry Chris, lol.

Also, if possible, put the " report " tab back in the corner......Sorry Chris, lol.
It's on the web view..not on the phones... dang it...lol

On my wish list for sure......

I'm having problems with "View First Unread" on threads.

Last year:
If I had viewed portions of a thread the day before, View First Unread showed me only the newer posts.
If I had viewed portions of a thread much less than a day (say 3 hours before,) View First Unread reshows me the posts I had just viewed. - no problem

Now,
When viewing a thread I looked at the night before, View First Unread reshows me everything I viewed the day before.

I don't know whether it is 24 hours to be flagged as read, or 12 hours to be flagged as read, but it is too long.

I spent half my time this morning and several times this year paging through threads I was caught up on several hours before trying to find my place in the thread.
Dozens of pages (spread over multiple threads) trying to find 2 pages worth of updates.

I am considering only coming to :420: every other day, as it is almost too much work to make a daily or twice daily visit.

p.s. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong area - I didn't find a bug reports area - I don't complain much.

I'm having problems with "View First Unread" on threads.

Last year:
If I had viewed portions of a thread the day before, View First Unread showed me only the newer posts.
If I had viewed portions of a thread much less than a day (say 3 hours before,) View First Unread reshows me the posts I had just viewed. - no problem

Now,
When viewing a thread I looked at the night before, View First Unread reshows me everything I viewed the day before.

I don't know whether it is 24 hours to be flagged as read, or 12 hours to be flagged as read, but it is too long.

I spent half my time this morning and several times this year paging through threads I was caught up on several hours before trying to find my place in the thread.
Dozens of pages (spread over multiple threads) trying to find 2 pages worth of updates.

I am considering only coming to :420: every other day, as it is almost too much work to make a daily or twice daily visit.

p.s. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong area - I didn't find a bug reports area - I don't complain much.

Have noticed the same thing.

If I get a notice of a new post to a thread I subscribe to, then I click the link and it takes me to the 1st post since the changeover.

After several days, you have to forward through the older post and find the new post.

This is on webview, I don't use a phone often & cannot comment on that.

Hope you can fix this while finishing your changeover.

Thanks

Like all things, once you know your way around, the thought goes out and nature takes over.. just a pain in the stondness initially discovering something that you know the outcome of, meaning, having to learn where everything is again..
Is the subscribe button new? great idea, if so. some threads are good to watch without me taking them off topic :rofl:

Please...could someone tell me when the picture loading issue will be fixed? Its making the site pretty much unusable. I really dont have the patience to sit around waiting for pics to load slower than they did on dialup.....

Back
Top Bottom