GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Good morning!

Phase II group on Flip 5.

The two Fat Kid's Cakes moved up to 15 inches above the soil overnight. The Godberry remains stuck at 8 inches.
NT P2 5-28-24 F5 tent.JPG

NT P2 5-28-24 F5 tent above.JPG

GB is short but she seems proud! :Rasta:

----------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
I’m on 9th week of 4 Mephisto’s 4 assed monkey plants & one is a dwarf/runt. Only about 7 inches tall that’s turned into a 6 inch bud. So it could always be worse.

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

I’m on 9th week of 4 Mephisto’s 4 assed monkey plants & one is a dwarf/runt. Only about 7 inches tall that’s turned into a 6 inch bud. So it could always be worse.

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg
I've been there too, @Chef Theo!

One bud to rule them all. And those tiny, runt-like plants always seem to produce FIRE, leaving one wishing for more! :Rasta:

Thanks for stopping by my grow!

Flip 56. The Lemon Bubble (front left) will likely be taken down at some point during the week!
Wow, nice quick flowering variety! Might be a good addition to the list for folks growing outside in colder climates. :)
I'm trying something a little different with the Phase II girls. I usually wait a couple of weeks after flipping to tidy up the plants. With the 2 FKCs, I cleaned them up this morning and removed all of their constraints. It's their Flip 3.
I'm wondering if this will keep the plant busy replacing leaves and perhaps inhibit the stretch a bit. That is my hope!
The Phase II collection is really moving along on the flowering train, but I'd personally count from the first day you changed the timer rather than when it finally hit 12/12.

And my guess is that thinning at this stage will encourage stretch to replace the leaves, but there's no way to really know for sure as you mentioned.
Oh, and check out my new walkway. The old cruddy one in the first pic and the new and improved version in the second!
Noice! Fresh concrete work is the best (when it's done well).

I think the GB looks happy being a little small no one says they all have to be giants. She will grow out just fine. :thumb: 🍋
I'm not concerned about her size, Keith! I've grown some way smaller. If she turns out nice, she's okay with me! :Rasta:

Hello gang!

I posting this pic of the New Trick girls on their Flip 58 because they all still look kinda' decent. I really like the way the buds are compressing while still growing!
NT 5-28-24 F58 tent.JPG

And now I'll mimic @StoneOtter by doing this...

CAN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE UPDATE.

I've never had much success using Bloom Boosters. They have usually resulted in fried leaves, like, within a few days after being applied.

I chalk that up to grower error. I can't believe that, with all the boosters on the market, they're all just outright snake oil. More likely, I erred by using them too early and/or without stopping using what I had been using before.

So I'm trying some General Hydroponics Kool Bloom (2-45-28) on the New Trick girls as they near their end.

All of the reservoirs were pretty much dry this afternoon. I'd given them back-to-back feeds of Strive nutrients and I'm gonna' see if that's the last of it they will need. This evening I gave all the plants a dose of Kool Bloom at 1.25ml per gallon (their recommended dosage).

GH recommends using Kool Bloom during the last weeks of a plants life and to discontinue its use at least 3-5 days before harvest (I wonder why?). Based on when I think these plants will finish I might be right on time for two of them. And I might be a tad late for the Lemon Bubble, but I'll just make sure she gets at least 7-8 more days to grow before takedown, and she'll get plain water from here on.

Hell, I think these plants have a good chance of turning out pretty decent regardless of what I do, so now's the time to take a chance!

-----------------------

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom