24/7 Exhaust Ventilation?

Ganja Goose

Hey 420,

I've always (2nd grow) just assumed that when the lights go off in the tent that the fans also go off. I've kept them all on the same timer, both during veg and during flower, but now that I'm planning to move my grow tent into the basement it has had me re-thinking all of the components, including how and now when to ventilate. In my mind it would make sense to keep the inline fan running during the dark cycle as well - thus keeping the RH down in the tent and also possibly preventing cold air from returning to the tent. I wanted to test this noob theory with the 420 group and get your thoughts.

GG

Let the wind blow all the time cannabis loves the wind it grows in open fields and is a wind pollinator even the leaves protect the buds from the wind by covering them in the most peculiar way like it knows the wind always blows. Plus it will help keep powdery mildew away and bud rot late in flower. And the plants can use up all the co2 in the air quite quick in a grow tent. They breath also.

I read a post awhile back from a guy whos cousin knew this dudes sister, yeah, and they would turn off the inline at night but leave the fans on. They had a degree of success with that. I've learned that a hella lot of people do a hella lot of different shit and it all seems to work out. I leave my inline and fans on all the time, like Bean. Extra I have to add is stems get a degree of strength by the wind. Little stems moving a lot will get stronger.

You are already right, leaving inline will lower your rh. It won't really keep cold air from coming in, but just regulate the overall temp with air moving. I have a tent and small veg space in one room. Those both get vented back into the rooms via inline/carbon. My night temps so far are getting down to 68F. In the winter my veg space can get 62F. Now that I have a 6in inline I believe it will move the air faster so the winter low will not dip due to the temp outside of my space. More air flow in my scenario can keep it warmer.

Hey @Gaffle thank you for your response. Ya I think I'm going to give that a try - run both the inline and the fans 24/7. Seems like it makes sense - more wind exposure = stronger stems. I'm looking forward to moving to a 6" as well. I've had my eye on the AC Infinity, but I'm a bit skeptical that Im actually going to be able to control both low and high temp/humidity with it. Even if it only operates to one of those parameters I think that would be added value.

GG

Back
Top Bottom