Psychoactive Medicinal Fungi Forum Disclaimer

Founder
It is a well established consensus that there is no sure way to positively identify a mushroom from either a written description or a photo. The identification of a mushroom type is complex and mistakes carry potentially lethal consequences.

There are many varieties of psychoactive mushrooms (nearly 200 species in 5 families) and quite a few have doppelgängers or virtually indistinguishable lookalikes that are quite poisonous.

As such 420 Magazine does not recommend the use of non-traceable strain lines. Discussions of wild hunting, or the advocating for the safety of amateur identification are not permitted in this forum. Please do not upload/attach photos of wild mushrooms or discuss eating self picked wild mushrooms in our forums.

420 Magazine cares about the health and safety of its members. We've wrestled with the inclusion of this topic for quite some time and feel the balance of benefits outweighs the risk; provided members utilize the forum as intended and in accordance with its guidelines. Information is not dangerous and the US guarantees free speech for its citizens; International members should ensure their own compliance with local laws.

420 Magazine is the preeminent Cannabis website. We focus exclusively on Cannabis & Hemp; its cultivation, history, legality, applications and benefits. However, Human Beings have been ingesting not only Cannabis, but also Psilocybin mushrooms for well over 6,000 years, if not longer. Both have been used for ceremonial, ritual and healing purposes in the past by many cultures.

As Modern Science has rediscovered both Cannabis and Psilocybin Mushrooms in their search for therapeutic agents in the treatment of pain and other neurological conditions, discussions of other, completely natural highs such as magic mushrooms (nontoxic only) peyote and ayahuasca are permitted in our Psychoactive Medicinal Fungi forum. Conversations regarding shipping, trading, gifting or selling magic mushrooms, or anything that could make 420 Magazine an accomplice in a Federal crime, are prohibited. Light mentions of hard drugs and/or synthetic stimulants are only permitted for reference purposes, for those weaning off of them and onto Cannabis as a replacement. While we hold no malice towards those who choose to use hard drugs, our policy ensures that our core membership focuses strictly on Cannabis & Hemp related topics. Restricting the use of hard drug terminology also prevents keyword searches from ranking our site in these areas.

Here locally, we have Death Caps (Amanita Phalloides) and Destroying Angels (Amanita Bisporigera), along with Funeral bells (Galerina Marginata which you have to watch out for foraging for Psilocybe Cyans) just to name a few. This is the reason I'm a cultivator and not a forager, that is two different realms and I stay in my own lane. It's not that I can't identify them (because I have, but never ingested), but at the end of the day, that's not my forte. Ya'll be safe.

Back
Top Bottom