Golden Teacher Psilocybin Mushrooms

Hey folks. Here I find myself a newbie in the forum again ..

I do know that psychedelic mushrooms were declared legal to discuss on the forum within the last year, but after searching around I do not see any mushroom sub-forum, so I’m just going to post this here.

I’m wondering if anyone has heard of ‘golden teacher’ mushrooms or has any knowledge about them at all. My girlfriend got given some.

Cheers :passitleft:

Edit - while I’m here.... may as well post a pic of some of the local ones I was picking in my yard earlier tonight.

Happy Halloween! :eek:
View media item 1722952

Gonna be a good weekend, cept for the taste. I presume you know for sure what those are. my experience with shrooms is pretty lacking, but those look,ettable weaseley,,

EEnjoy friend

If I’m not mistaken, golden teachers are psilocybe cubensis. Which is one of the most common psilocybin containing mushrooms out there. They can be super potent though, if they’re harvest at the right time. You’re looking for mushrooms that still have their veil.. that is to say, it looks like a ball on a stick instead of a cap. You said your girlfriend bought some, so I guess you won’t have control over when they were harvested.. they’re good shrooms.

nice liberty caps though, I’ve never tried em but I hear they’re crazy strong

Yes be careful of the wild crafted - some poisonous versions look damn close to the good ones.

Best to get spores and grow them yourself. It's not to terribly difficult. Easy as growing a weed I think. I've done both. lol

Problem is over use. They are fun but like anything too much of a good thing.

They go great with a bunch of beers to wash em down. Just an observation. Oh and music

Yes be careful of the wild crafted - some poisonous versions look damn close to the good ones.

Best to get spores and grow them yourself. It's not to terribly difficult. Easy as growing a weed I think. I've done both. lol

Problem is over use. They are fun but like anything too much of a good thing.

They go great with a bunch of beers to wash em down. Just an observation. Oh and music
ive also grown em, I’d say they’re way easier to grow than weed. Weed takes a lot more inputs and attention. Mushroom growing the work is all front loaded. Lots of work to get it going right, but once your mycelium is established, you literally do nothing until you start harvesting.

when I’ve eaten mushrooms in the past all I wanna do is smoke weed the whole time. Seriously bowl after bowl for hours.

ive also grown em, I’d say they’re way easier to grow than weed. Weed takes a lot more inputs and attention. Mushroom growing the work is all front loaded. Lots of work to get it going right, but once your mycelium is established, you literally do nothing until you start harvesting.

when I’ve eaten mushrooms in the past all I wanna do is smoke weed the whole time. Seriously bowl after bowl for hours.

Thats how I grow weed too... shrooms will keep you busy thats a fer sure. Well I mean after harvest.

A buddy of mine and me were talking about starting some up the other night.

growing mushrooms=mice

Those sorta look like psyloscibe stuntzii (which I consumed plenty of in the days of yore)
Though I think they only grow wild in the west...

But as Bobrown noted, gotta be careful. Some of the imitators, such as galerina spp. will make one sick as hell. At best.

all i know are the blue veined ones from bc.

two of my friends put a decent mushroom grow together. dunno how they got the spores. they wound up with a different kind of mushroom that had everyone scared crapless to try for fear of poisoning, until someone with more knowledge came along and ate a handful lol

Man this discussion sure brings back some crazy memories! We grew a ton back 20 or so years ago and there was a website that had all the info to do it super easily. It was called psylocybe fanaticus but I believe the site got shut down and the creator has passed but as someone else mentioned a quick search for pf tek will land you all you need. I was always a little scared when eating mushrooms that I didn't grow but I'm sure with the right knowledge and research you can safely pick them in the wild too. Shrooms are a little more of a buzz then I'm looking for these days but I'll keep an eye on this for entertainment purposes lol.

Man this discussion sure brings back some crazy memories! We grew a ton back 20 or so years ago and there was a website that had all the info to do it super easily. It was called psylocybe fanaticus but I believe the site got shut down and the creator has passed but as someone else mentioned a quick search for pf tek will land you all you need. I was always a little scared when eating mushrooms that I didn't grow but I'm sure with the right knowledge and research you can safely pick them in the wild too. Shrooms are a little more of a buzz then I'm looking for these days but I'll keep an eye on this for entertainment purposes lol.
ahhh pf tek :) memories :)
they use something called monotubs now a days tho
basically a clear sterilite tub with some holes drilled in it and with coco coir and inoculated grains mixed together and misted daily until you get mushrooms

you will also need some way of doing basic sterile work, like a still air box, or a filtered air bench
and someway of sterilizing the grain jar for inoculation, like a pressure cooker

but again,
mice will find the grain if you dont keep it very clean, they can smell it from 100 yards

Hey- I posted just before heading out on a boat trip. Not dead, just out of range :)
Thanks for all the replies guys!

So- just to be (hopefully) clear- the pic I posted was NOT intended to be a photo of Golden Teacher mushrooms.

It is a photo of some liberty caps I had picked that evening. I posted it in general spirit of magic mushroom/Halloween madness. Sorry about the confusion.

I actually haven’t even seen these so called Golden Teacher mushrooms and have no idea what they look like. My girlfriend had been given some dried ones by her friend, and was asking me if I wanted to eat some. I thought I’d ask the forum about them because I’ve never heard of ‘Golden Teacher’ mushrooms before in my life.

Clear as mud now? :hmmmm:

So yeah.... the friend of the girlfriend claimed that these GT mushrooms are ‘very different from most mushrooms and have a very mellow relaxing enlightening high’. Which is why I was even considering eating them, as magic mushrooms and I normally don’t agree that well. Or I should say- I like them just fine- I just don’t like the high. The idea of growing them sounds really fun though, I may look into that.

While we were busy packing for the boat trip, my girlfriend googled up some reviews of their effects, but the reviews sounded a little fishy. ‘Completely life changing and spiritually cosmically philosophically earthshatteringly profoundly blah blah blah....

I got Nivek and ChefDGreen’s posts just before I blinked out of cellphone-land. Chef’s post saying they are cubensis was enough info for me to avoid them completely. Thanks @ChefDGreen.

I’ve tried various psilocybin mushrooms including Cubensis before, and to be honest I don’t really like the things that much. I have had fun a couple times with them, but as BoBrown said it took a lot of alcohol and music.
Like... I really had to work at it, ha ha :laughtwo: I’ve also had a couple very BAD experiences with them. :(. They do grow all over my yard, and seem to call to me to eat them, so once in a while I will try a few. I generally regret it though, ha ha.

The photo i posted is of liberty caps, aka Psilocybe semilanceata, which are common here. I have picked them for decades and I’m very well acquainted with them. As I said I personally do not like them that much, but I have lots of friends who like them just fine, so I just pick them to give away as gifts. And mainly because I just like picking things.

Here’s the ones I picked in my yard today when I got home. The season will probably wind down from here on.
View media item 1724724

Back
Top Bottom