Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine:
420 Magazine truly appreciates its members, we are thankful and grateful to have all of you. This thread is for our members to share how much they have learned, gained, grown and/or experienced from their membership at 420 Magazine.

For example - Has 420 Magazine helped change your life for the better? Please tell us how; whether it's acquiring the knowledge to grow, learning about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis and how to heal yourself, sharing your master gardens with fellow gardeners, finding a platform for your activism or to improve the quality of your life by making similar minded friends. We'd love to hear from you!

We will keep this thread in perpetuity - not only as a celebration of our mission but also as a record and an inspiration for all those innumerable future guests and members who we can also help.

Please keep your comments limited to celebrating our community with positive success stories, complaints or drama will be deleted without notice.

Our Founder's Story & Mission:
420 Magazine exists to support the repeal of all Cannabis prohibition laws and penalties throughout the world. Not another person should suffer incarceration or stigma because of these unjust laws (420 Magazine Mission Statement).

In 1993, the feds broke down the door of our founder and assaulted him, his wife and his 12 year old daughter, throwing them to the floor with machine guns to their heads. The prohibitionists were yelling and screaming at them over a simple quarter pound of Mexican brick bud that had been acquired for a close friend. Unfortunately, the "friend" was "working off charges", after being arrested for selling only a quarter ounce to a cop. This ridiculous event was so infuriating that it inspired the founding of 420 Magazine; a lifelong mission to repeal these unjust laws and to create Cannabis awareness throughout the world.

In Closing:
This thread is for our members to share and immortalize their experience(s) with any or all aspects of Cannabis Awareness. We hope that patients, activists, growers, fans of the flower, friends of 420 Magazine, or even reformed LEO will post their experiences here for others to learn from and celebrate.

It's been a long hard fight and the Staff of 420 Magazine wishes to honor our Members and Sponsors. It's still too early to declare victory but there's no doubt that together, we're winning the war on Cannabis.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

My personal reason for joining was to help fight against the war on Cannabis. The stigma, the schedule 1, the ridiculous incarceration for loving a plant, the withholding of medicine from the sick etc.

420 Magazine was the vehicle that enabled me to contribute to the effort in an organized fashion.

I haven't been here that long but in my time trawling the forums, I've found the most informative and kind community focused on cannabis here at 420. The other forums I first stalked weren't the most friendly to people like me (100% new to cannabis, growing or partaking). The daily routine of growing is one of the few things keeping my brain above the waves right now and this community here has made it so positive. I wake up each morning excited to hop on here and nerd out over plants.

Personally I fell in love with cannabis back in the 70's. Life (US Army), prevented me from enjoying cannabis again until recently. Age, wear and tear on the body, and spirit and not wanting to be a VA zombie due to meds made me explore the medical use of cannabis. Found 420MAGAZINE and it is a one stop location for all of your grow needs. From how to grow marijuana to everything need.

I needed information on how to grow inside and it is a success.

The members of this site are helpful and encouraging while the staff is diligent and very sociable. Unlike other forums there are no trolls or mean mouthed members who think their shit doesn't stink.

The monthly contests are a good way to encourage the members to showcase their efforts.
Having sponsors who provide discounts and some even have contests/giveaways is a plus.

I have not been a member of any other forum where the entire community seems to enjoy the experience of being a member of the primo site dedicated to Marijuana the plant that brought all of us together. :yummy:

Personally I fell in love with cannabis back in the 70's. Life (US Army), prevented me from enjoying cannabis again until recently. Age, wear and tear on the body, and spirit and not wanting to be a VA zombie due to meds made me explore the medical use of cannabis. Found 420MAGAZINE and it is a one stop location for all of your grow needs. From how to grow marijuana to everything need.

I needed information on how to grow inside and it is a success.

The members of this site are helpful and encouraging while the staff is diligent and very sociable. Unlike other forums there are no trolls or mean mouthed members who think their shit doesn't stink.

The monthly contests are a good way to encourage the members to showcase their efforts.
Having sponsors who provide discounts and some even have contests/giveaways is a plus.

I have not been a member of any other forum where the entire community seems to enjoy the experience of being a member of the primo site dedicated to Marijuana the plant that brought all of us together. :yummy:
Active duty and then worrying about the VA cutting off my benefits due to drug use was my reason for avoiding cannabis until recently...ironic since yeah, the VA used to love handing out opiates. TURNS OUT they're actually tracking cannabis use now for treatment of PTSD and depression. It's surreal: once a month I tell my VA therapist all about my crop.

I love 420 Magazine. I've learnt so much from just a few really helpful members. I like the thread for beginners, how they advise you to post and keep your personal info discreet etc. I'm growing some pretty nice weed and I've just started my 3rd cycle. My equipment was on a budget mostly free so it just goes to show knowledge is power. Thanks 420 you've changed my life

I joined cause I wanted to be a contributing part to the Cannabis revolution and evolution and I found 420 Magazine's forums the place to be, It has its finger on the pulse of the cannabis industry and the members and staff are all cool like minded cannabis people, feels like sitting down with a large group of friends rather then a site full of strangers. :) Thanks 420 for providing an amazing site and cannabis community to learn from.
gif-logo_19.gif

I'll start my story before joining 420 Magazine. I smoked quite a lot of weed as a teenager before joining the military but never really respected it for what it is. I left the military after 12 years which allowed me the opportunity to enjoy cannabis again on the odd occasion. About 3 years ago I recognised I had mental health issues I had just been ignoring. I hate the idea of most pharmaceuticals for mental health so gave cannabis a try and found it really helped me alongside some therapy. From here I started learning more and more about this amazing plant and fell in love with it. I live in a prohibitive country and got fed up with poor quality medicine and unreliable street dealers. I also didn't like the idea of funding criminal organisations. Most mass producers here do it to fund other activities and care little for the quality of the product. This got me to thinking about cultivating my own medicine. So I could have the strains/varieties I wanted and know exactly what was put into them. I browsed the internet for tips on building a stealth cabinet and the basics of growing. This took me to several cannabis forums and it was quite apparent that 420 Magazine was a place I could settle into whereas the others put me off for several reasons. Now 2 years later I am even more passionate about this plant and love having 420 Magazine to be able to learn and share with so many amazing like minded individuals. The staff here have done an outstanding job in creating and maintaining a welcoming, friendly and informative place for us all. I've made some great friends here and look forward to many more years of us all learning and enjoying our favourite plant together. This place really is the full package, awesome members, skilled and dedicated staff, great sponsors, fantastic contests and prize giveaways, an encyclopedia of knowledge and experience. What's not to love? Personally I have to give a big thanks to 420 Magazine and the members here for helping me through some tough times.

I joined because I wanted to learn how to help my sick Petunias recover but I guess I got the wrong site because it just turned me into a doper and my Petunias are dead.

Working out well so far... :headbanger:

Hey everyone redbare here, Honestly i love it here. The people on here all around the world are so nice and knowledgeable they have so much passion for their girls. Just like i do, since coming on here I’ve learned so much in so little time. And to the people who run this site are amazing as well. I couldn’t ask to be on a different site to learn more of what i love. Thank you so mich for having me!!

I love the site I love the people on it they’re amazing I love the admin’s they’re honest I wouldn’t be able to different site I love this one too much

My experience at 420 has been like finding a lost home. It’s crazy how accepting and helpful the community is. There are a number of members here who have immense garden space, or years of growing, extracting, and infusing experience and they still find the time to help new/less experienced gardeners. It’s a place where you can interact in any thread and the original poster and all of the people who follow them are happy to have you there as well. For an Internet community it’s shocking how nonexistent the trolling/bickering is. It really makes you think about cannabis’s influence on the world at large. If everyone consumed or was accepting of consumption I think the world would be a lot more like this community. If nothing else, we are an example of the good influence cannabis can have on society. It’s truly a collection of good hearted people.

Apart from that, I find us to be the cutting edge of home growing information. If you want to grow the best pot you can find from the comfort of your own home, look no further.

Love and respect to all. I was looking for information and found so much more! The fellowship of the community here is awesome. The sponsors unparalleled. I'm so pleased to be a member among such fine stoners. Thank you all for everything.
So remember, wherever you are, whenever/ however you can, smile and stay stoneder.

I discovered 420 Mag about 5 1/2 years ago while searching the web. Although I had worked in the family owned greenhouse and garden center for 15 years, I had never grown indoors, under lights, and was looking for answers on setup.

My primary goal was to grow a few plants to help treat the wife's Fibromyalgia. Like many others, she had relied on prescription opiates to manage the pain. They may have helped at first, but over time she had built up a tolerance. The doctors answer, just keep upping the dose. Ultimately she got to the point where she was addicted to the opiates and was getting no relief. Enter cannabis. A friend of hers that suffers from rheumatoid arthritis gave my wife an edible and a pin sized joint. It worked!

Wanting to have our own source, I set up a small tent in a closet and began the growing experiment. The first attempt was pretty pathetic, an ounce and a half total from 5 autos. I would look at the plants in the 420 Mag contests and think "if only". I set it as a goal. One day I hoped to have a plant nice enough to enter, and with a little luck, maybe even win. Took a couple years, but mission accomplished.

So here we are 5 1/2 years later. I have a reliable source. I've expanded from one small tent to two. The wife is no longer dependent on opiates. Took her about 5 months to wean herself off, using cannabis as a replacement. As a matter of fact, her mother (my mother-in-law) had been using prescription opiates for over 20 years for a shattered ankle. Note to self - don't pull out in front of a moving train! The mother-in-law also used our edibles to break her dependency. Given her long history and insanely high dosages, it took her a year to slowly taper off. Paying it forward, we also share with the friend that introduced the wife to cannabis in the first place, and also an acquaintance that has Huntington's Disease (seems to slow the mental deterioration).

I believe that 420 Mag has been instrumental to my success. Along the way I've come to know people from around the globe and from all different walks if life. I've traveled to similar cannabis forums and found quite a few rude or obnoxious members. For that reason, I've made 420 Mag my home.

Back
Top Bottom