Seedsman's Banana Jealousy Comparative Grow In Progressive DWC By Token Roll

I figure most of my other current grows should be done around the end of the month.

This will most likely be a slow start for this journal, until I can finish up some of my other grows.

Since, I already have seeds, I decided to drop a Banana Jealousy into some water. This will be a DWC with a twist, meaning I will be using progressive buckets for this grow. Okay, so what is progressive bucket? After germination I will start with a one gallon bucket until she has enough roots for a two gallon bucket, the next increase in bucket sizes are 3 and final 5- gallon bucket. This save a lot of nutrient and RO water with little goes to waste.

As I progress in bucket size so will my air stones. I will start out with one air stone in the 1 and two gallon bucket and there will be four air stones in the final 5-gallon bucket.

More to come soon.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Dusty Kiefers , @Preston9mm @Roy Growin and @CaptainLucky

This is going to be a slow start for about a week, but I did transfer the seeds to a growing cube.
Did think you really wanted to see images of this part.

If you have done DWC you can learn to appreciate progress buckets and the amount of nutrients you will need to make up. I start with a one gallon bucket and that will take about a 1/2 gallon of nutrients. I will make a gallon and get two solution changes out of it. As I progress in bucket size so will the amount of nutrients I will make up.

Thanks again for stopping by guys.

Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Dusty Kiefers , @Preston9mm @Roy Growin and @CaptainLucky

This is going to be a slow start for about a week, but I did transfer the seeds to a growing cube.
Did think you really wanted to see images of this part.

If you have done DWC you can learn to appreciate progress buckets and the amount of nutrients you will need to make up. I start with a one gallon bucket and that will take about a 1/2 gallon of nutrients. I will make a gallon and get two solution changes out of it. As I progress in bucket size so will the amount of nutrients I will make up.

Thanks again for stopping by guys.

Tok..
How long do the nutes usually last before they get used? I was just wondering if you go through a lot of nutrients growing this way? I have a front row seat for this one. Sounds interesting 🤔. CL🍀. :thumb: :goodluck:

Thank you for stopping by and your questions @CaptainLucky

I will end up using less than half the nutrients I would use for a standard 5-gallon bucket DWC; which requires about 3 1/2 -gallons per change. The first batch I make up is only 1-gallon of nutrients and that last for two weekly feedings. The first bucket I will use is a 1-gallon bucket and after two weeks if I like the root structure I will go to a 2-gallon bucket.

As far as I am aware; I am the only one, that uses progressive buckets during a DWC grow.

:popcorn:

Thank you for stopping by @Vegan4life
I noticed you had a decent harvest off your Cherry Pie. :welldone:

@SeedsMan Banana Jealousy is moving right along.
Not to much to see just yet.

I removed her from the shot glass and placed her in the bottom of a net basket and placed the on top of a one gallon bucket. Right now there is no solution in the bucket; I will be spraying her for a couple days until the roots drop below the basket.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

I apologize for not updating this grow journal. I had company the last few days and was not able to get to this, in a timely manner.

So, where am I at. Good question; today I made up a 1-gallon of solution so I can start this DWC. My air stone have all been cleaned and ready to go. As I mentioned early this is a progressive DWC, which in all intent just means that the DWC (bucket) will progressively get large during this grow.

For the first couple weeks of DWC I normally make up a 1-gallon or solution of 250 - 300 ppms of silica and cal-mag. You may be surprised how well she grow on this mixture. I will not be giving her any nutrients until she ask for them. Which is normally around week 4 or about 3 weeks into veg cycle. The solution has been ph'd to 5.8 with a bucket temp of 68 degrees.

Here is a couple images of the beginning of the process. Even though it is straight forward.

The solution strength, air stones and bucket size will change, but this is the jest of the process.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
More to come in a couple days.

Looking good! I just popped mine and have started. I am a little nervous with all of you talented growers. I should learn a bit here :D I just pulled the bean bag out.

Well she is now in the one gallon bucket with one air stone. It normally takes a couple days to get the roots hanging low enough to see them. Currently she has 1/2 gallon of solution of silica and cal-mag (250-300 ppm's) and the hydroton is about 3/4 of the way up the basket.

On a side note: I placed two Purple Ghost Candy in soil this morning. I will start a separate grow journal for them.

I will post some images a little later.

Tok..

The progressive buckets is a great idea.:popcorn:

Thank you for your kind words @LKABudMan

Anyone (and I know there are many) doing a DWC grow can save their self money by giving this a go. This way uses less nutrients to get the same results and it is much easier to control PH, PPM's and solution temps. I will get to the 5-gallon bucket right around the time she is ready for flower.

Doing it this way also, ensures your air stone does not get clog, because as I go up in bucket size so do the amount of air stone I use increases. For this grow I figure 6 air stone should be enough, with the final bucket having 4 stones for flowering.

Currently not much of an update, but she is now in a 1-gallon bucket with one air stone, ppm's are about 250, with ph of 6.1 and a solution temp of 70 degrees.

Here are some current images of the progress.

Thant's all folk's.

Tok..

I will be starting a grow journal for @SeedsMan Purple Alien Candy as soon as they break ground. In the next day or so.

Thank you for stopping by @gwhunran

How have you been?

I placed the link in my signature, I sometimes forget to do that at the beginning of the journal.
Will you be doing a @SeedsMan comparison grow this year?

I will go and check on everyone and do an update shortly.

TR
Mornin' Toke,
I feel pretty good. :) Just waiting for the surgeon to schedule me to be reassembled. :rolleyes: They said it should be no worse than taking me apart in pain and recovery.:) So, I will be popping my @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy as soon as I get home.:) Nothing strenuous about sprouting seeds. :hmmmm::) And by the time they are ready to go in the flood and drain, I'll have recovered enough to handle working in the grow area. Nothing too strenuous about my growing.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a CO2 set up in the grow area now. :) I will use the buckets 1st, to get an idea of what they put out. :hmmmm: Never measured before.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom