V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

Vegan4life

Thank you @Canuk Seeds for sponsoring this grow!

Welcome all! Here we go! Here is my set up info...

Strain: Cherry Pie Fems, from site sponsor @Canuk Seeds
Genetic Makeup: indica dominant, Grandaddy purple x Durban poison
Pot/Bucket Size: 20 gallon fabric
Tent Size: 34” x 42”
Grow Space: 6' x 10' lung room
How Many Plants: 4
Environment: Indoor
Stage: seed to harvest
Grow medium: Living Organic Soil
Lights: 520 Watts LED, HLG Quantum boards, dimmable
Nutrients: Organic amendments
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: 7
IPM: Site sponsor @Sierra Natural Science SNS-209
IPM: Mosquito Bits
Mycorrhizae Fungi: Site sponsor @DYNOMYCO
Water: Reverse Osmosis
Watering: Once Daily seedling stage, 1-2 times per week Veg, 1-2 times per week or more flower stage. I will also be using Actively Aerated Compost Tea (AACT) & Seed sprout tea (SST)
Tent exhaust: 6” variable speed
Lung room exhaust: 8” AC Infinity with controller, 8” x 24” Can-Lite carbon filter
Air intake: 20” x 30” Passive filtered air intake in Lung room.
Fans in Tent: 2 - AC Infinity 6” oscillating fans, above canopy. 2 - 10” AC Infinity Axial 2589 muffin fans with speed controller, below canopy.

IMG_3297.jpg

From Canuk Seeds Website

Cherry Pie Feminized Seeds - A Quick Overview​

With a little help from this strain, you will be freshly baked, introducing Cherry Pie!
Cherry Pie has been developed by combining two world renowned strains, the San Francisco Bay Area native Grand Daddy Purple and the South African powerhouse Durban Poison.
Thanks to the brilliant parenting genetics, Cherry Pie retains pungent earthy, floral and herbal scents with hints of sweet fruit and cherries.
As a result of mostly Indica genetics, Cherry Pie provides the user with deep feelings of relaxation that is known to be uplifting and euphoric, boosting one's creativity.
Cherry Pie completes flowering in only 8-9 weeks and produces up to 450g/m² of high quality flowers, testing at up to 28% THC. Don’t let this Cherry Pie cool on the window sill too long, something tells me it will not last!

SeedbankCanuk Seeds
SexFeminized
VarietyMostly Indica
Strain GeneticsGrandaddy Purple x Durban Poison
Flowering TypePhotoperiod
Flowering Time8 - 9 weeks
Where to GrowIndoor, Greenhouse, Outdoor
Medical ConditionsAnxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Pain
Taste / FlavorCherry, Earthy, Floral, Herbal, Sweet
EffectCreative, Euphoric, Relaxing, Uplifting
CBD Content<1%
THC ContentUp to 28%
YieldUp to 450g/m²

I soaked 4 seeds overnight in a glass of RO water with a pinch of kelp meal. Today I dropped them in some solo cups filled with Coast of Maine Stonington blend. I added 1- teaspoon of Dynomyco and mixed with soil right below where I planted each seed. I watered with RO water with added Yucca extract, @ 1 gram per gallon of water. I will continue to water at least once per day to keep soil moist.

IMG_3314.jpg

Yucca Extract
IMG_3310.jpg

Dynomyco
IMG_3316.jpg

I amended my soil in each of my 20 gallon pots with approx 1/3 - 1/2 cup of each of the following: Build a Soil Craft blend, Kelp meal, insect frass, Malted barley flour, Green sand, Dolomite lime, Mustard seed powder. I have also added approximately 100 red wiggler worms to each pot. I have been brewing some worm casting tea since last night, I will be watering my 20 gallon pots with it tonight. I watered in some Rootwise Microbes last week. I am going to top dress with worm castings, I ordered some and waiting for them to arrive. I do have a worm bin, but currently having a slug infestation in the bin... I'll only use my castings from the worm bin for AACT until I get rid of all of the slugs.

Vermicompost Tea
IMG_3313.jpg

You should have some monster indoor plants with those 20 gal pots! Soil mixture looks good too. I'll be watching.
I hope so! I am limited on height so not too big. This is my 5th or 6th grow in this soil, I just topped off the pots with some Coast of Maine Stonington blend!

We have lift off! First sprout to breach the soil! Hopefully I’ll have three more soon… I added 1 teaspoon of red clover seeds to each pot on Saturday for a cover crop, I will be mulching over it soon. The clover is sprouting well.

IMG_3325.jpeg

IMG_3326.jpeg

Good morning 420 enthusiasts!!!

More good news this morning! Now 3 of the seedlings have breached the soil! I can see that the 4th seedling is just starting to break through! I will post a picture tonight. Off to work I go! That plumbing is not going to fix itself!

:hookah:

Status quo this evening, the lights came back on about a hour ago. I have three seedlings above the soil and the fourth taking it’s time slow but sure…
IMG_3328.jpeg
IMG_3329.jpeg

Here is the slow poke!
IMG_3330.jpeg

I am very happy to say that I have 100% success rate for my @Canuk Seeds Cherry Pie Fems! The fourth seedling breached the soil during the night!

IMG_3333.jpeg
IMG_3334.jpeg

I was running 1 light at 100 watts, today I turned on a second light. I turned them both down as low as they would go, which was 94 watts each. So the seedlings are now getting approximately 188 watts of light. The lights are about 24" up from seedlings. I also turned on my axial fans to the lowest setting.

Good morning all!

Here is a quick pic of the young ladies this morning! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
IMG_3335.jpeg

Happy Day!!! I made it through another dreaded Monday! Hope all is well with everyone today...

Status quo in the grow space, two of the seedlings have some roots showing through the bottom of the solo cups. I put them on saucers for now, I'm hoping to get them transplanted into the final pots this weekend.

I just put together another batch of AACT. This time I got some composting leaf matter from under some trees, it was decaying and I could see some fungus on it, I also used some of my vermicompost, I used about 1 cup of each. I also added about 1-1/2 tablespoons each of Humic acid and fish hydrolysate to about 4.5 gallons of RO water. I will let the AACT aerate for two days then I will water the 20 gallon pots with it.

Right now the grow space is staying around 75 degrees f. and humidity is around 60%.

Happy growing!!!

:hookah: :morenutes:

cp1102.jpg
cp2102.jpg
cp3102.jpg
cp4102.jpg
cp5102.jpg
cp6102.jpg

I decided to transplant today… I added 1 teaspoon of @DYNOMYCO to each hole before transplanting. Then I watered them in with some fresh AACT. Now we watch the magic happen!!!

IMG_3351.jpeg
IMG_3352.jpeg
IMG_3354.jpeg

A pic from last night, from above the lights.

:morenutes:
IMG_3357.jpeg

Good evening fellow growmies! I have a mutation on one of my seedlings... Guess I'll have to wait and see how it does... Pic below.
Cherry 10723.jpg

Good evening fellow growmies! I have a mutation on one of my seedlings... Guess I'll have to wait and see how it does... Pic below.
Cherry 10723.jpg
I did a little googling and found that it is a known mutation. Here is a link to a 420Mag thread showing similar mutation, Self-Topping Seedling: Genetic Mutation . It looks like it has shoots on the lower nodes so I think it should grow out what will be two main colas. Kind of makes me want to drop a couple of more seeds 🤔... Stay tuned and we'll see how this grows out.

:lot-o-toke:

I had a Peyote Critical that did that once. It might have been triploid also (see photo below - link to the grow journal here: Peyote Critical Mutant). I waited for a while and no new growth ever showed up on that top node. I eventually topped to the lower node and it did branch out from there. In the end it didn't produce much - about 2.5 ounces. But it's a hard decision to cull and start new.

I had a Peyote Critical that did that once. It might have been triploid also (see photo below - link to the grow journal here: Peyote Critical Mutant). I waited for a while and no new growth ever showed up on that top node. I eventually topped to the lower node and it did branch out from there. In the end it didn't produce much - about 2.5 ounces. But it's a hard decision to cull and start new.

I am going to give it a few days and see if the lower shoots start to grow, I'm hoping they will all take off soon. Only one of the plants seems to be making good progress, the other three are off to a slow start. I'll check out your Peyote Mutant journal. I did feel a little better after reading the Genetic Mutation thread that I posted above.

I just read through that journal. Looks very similar to what yours is doing and what I experienced. I'd say if you have the leeway to experiment a little then no biggie - let her go. But you might get a lower yield. The quality on my plant was great. And that one ATF mutant looks like it yielded pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom