Winter/Spring 2024 - Cookies Dawg, Holy Punch, Papa Grande, Western Grail

MotaFina

I'm about half way through veg on this grow. Here's the specs:

Seeds:
Cookies Dawg - Fem - Greenpoint Seeds
Holy Punch - Fem - freebie from Seedsman
Papa Grande - Fem - ED seeds
Western Grail - Reg - Greenpoint

Environment: Indoors, 4x4 tent, 2x6" inline fans (intake and extraction), 3xCircular fans
Medium: Supersoil - based on Coast of Maine Stonington blend, then ammended similar to Sub Cool's recipe
Lighting:
- Seedling/early veg - 100w LED
- Veg/Early Flower - 400w MH
- Flower - 1000w HPS
Nutrients: Nectar for the Gods, ACTs, possibly others

I just finished up with a comparative grow sponsored by Canuk Seeds and overlapped this one by about 30 days or so. Today is day 39 of veg.

Pictures:

Here's a quick rundown of what's in the tent:

StrainBreederSexLineageTypeFlowering
CookiedawgGreenpoint SeedsFeminizedChem 4 x Animal Cookies50/50 Hybrid70-80 days
Holy PunchGreen House SeedsFeminizedThe Church x Grape60/40 Sativa8-9 weeks
Papa Grande (2)ED Seeds (homegrown)FeminizedPeyote Forum x OG Kush x Wedding GelatoHybrid9-10 weeks
Western Grail (2)Greenpoint SeedsRegularLarry OG x Stardawg50/50 Hybrid70-80 days

I have a Greenpoint Seeds regular Dreamcatcher in there as well, but I'm not too impressed with the look of it, so will probably cull it.

Here's a picture from today - day 39 of veg:

It's almost time to flip to 12/12. Today is veg day 58 - 70 days from seed.

The Cookiedawg, Holy Punch and Papa Grande 2 have been transplanted into their final 7-gallon pots. For the remaining three, the two Western Grail were started from regular seeds. I'm checking daily for pre-flowers but not seeing anything yet. In fact, I haven't seen pre-flowers anywhere in the tent yet. If I see pre-flowers by next weekend, and I have at least one female Western Grail, then that one will get up-potted and the other two will get pulled. If I can't determine sex on the Western Grail by the weekend, then I'll leave all three in 3-gallon pots and go ahead and flip, and then cull 2 plants later. It's not ideal to have to transplant after flowering starts, but that's the deal when you have limited space and grow from regular seeds.

Picture from today:

I flipped to 12/12 on Saturday 3/23, so today is 'transition' day 4: 81 days from seed. I'm finally seeing some preflowers (female!) on the Holy Punch, but nothing on any of the other 5 plants. It's starting to get pretty crowded in the tent. Hopefully I'll be able to determine the sex of the Western Grails soon. Then I can eliminate 2 plants and up-pot the one I'll be keeping.

Photo from last night:

It took a while before I was able to sex the two Western Grail regulars - on about transition day 9. Both turned out to be females. I up-potted one of them, and then composted the other Western Grail and the 2nd Papa Grande. So that leaves me with a full tent of four females - one of each - Papa Grande, Cookiedawg, Holy Punch and Western Grail.

Today is Flower day 8. Unfortunately I'm running the HPS bulb now so pictures from this point on will turn out with that yellow tint. Here's pictures from last night. Going clockwise starting with the plant below the fan - Holy Punch, Western Grail, Papa Grande, and hiding in the back, Cookiedawg:

Another week into flower - day 15. All is looking good so far. I thought I had been seeing some tip burn, but it seems to have disappeared. I've been feeding NFTG nutes at about 1/3 - 1/2 strength. And alternating with microbial tea and plain water. Here's pictures from tonight:

Tent shot:

Plants:

And a couple of budlets:

Starting week 4 today. The Western Grail is beginning to fade a little, but the rest are still lush. Here's some photos from last night:

Tent:

Plants:

Buds:

Back
Top Bottom