420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Joe Grows Cherry Pie & Strawberry Banana

plants are looking good Joe, you're at week 6 & feeding at 1/2 strength do you find the micro grow & bloom to hot ?
I'm at week 8 veg , chart only goes to 6 I per charged (moistened) my soil before transplant with week 4 left overs at 3 to 1 water than just water around root ball. Now 1/2 strength week 6 nutrients & I water the upper part of pot, don't water to runoff till in flower
It's tougher when you have 4 diff plants that grow at different rates
If the tips start burning, I give them water if the bottom leaves start to yellow feed
also have 2 mls calmag & 10mls fulvic acid
Looking really nice Joe
Welcome & thanks @Mike Wright

Growing them just for taste testers?
Seeing how close to 2g/watt I can get. Its a 1000w light 🤣 Manufacturer reckons easy but maybe too many plants. The strains all claim 700g+/sqm need to average 166g/6oz a plant. And 20%+ THC. That’s the dream! Bushy indicas/indica hybrids reckon I got a shot. 1.5 more likely. But however much there is 3 new strains to me and I’ll find out in 8-9 weeks!

Seeing how close to 2g/watt I can get. Its a 1000w light 🤣 Manufacturer reckons easy but maybe too many plants. The strains all claim 700g+/sqm need to average 166g/6oz a plant. And 20%+ THC. That’s the dream! Bushy indicas/indica hybrids reckon I got a shot. 1.5 more likely. But however much there is 3 new strains to me and I’ll find out in 8-9 weeks!
Tropicanna banana is 60/40 sativa hybrid

Update : @Canuk Seeds Put the Cherry pie & Strawberry Banana into the flower room
Cherry pie is stocky, short & bushy just like an Indica plant should be. Took a few branches & some light blocking big leaves. Did some training, didn't take long for it to bounce back.

Had to take lots of branches off the Strawberry Banana, some long & woody already.
This plant is similar to the Tropicanna Banana, where it grows a lot of branches, so lots of trimming or you get a ton of small buds
This One is going to be a big plant
Gave all the plants one last watering of veg nutrients 1 gal each of half strength, should keep them green thru flower

Update : @Canuk Seeds Put the Cherry pie & Strawberry Banana into the flower room
Cherry pie is stocky, short & bushy just like an Indica plant should be. Took a few branches & some light blocking big leaves. Did some training, didn't take long for it to bounce back.

Had to take lots of branches off the Strawberry Banana, some long & woody already.
This plant is similar to the Tropicanna Banana, where it grows a lot of branches, so lots of trimming or you get a ton of small buds
Gave all the plants one last watering of veg nutrients 1 gal each of half strength, should keep them green thru flower

Looking good mate 👍

Nice clearance. Yes, you’re right, you can see how much flarf there would be if you don’t do as you’re doing. Guess that’s another thing to keep up on, lol. Great work.

It's a really really big drill to drill a hole in the ice. Like post hole diggers nowadays. People use them for ice fishing to make holes to fish out of.
You Canadians are crazy bunch having 2 drill 4 your agua. I just turn on the faucet and magically water 💦 appears. lol 😂 CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have softened water, and no reverse osmosis system. I've killed many a decorative house plant with the tap water being lazy trying to use it. :laughtwo:
I'm learning all kinds of things here. What is softened water, and what is a reverse osmosis system? Where I live we are fortunate to have good clean perfectly phd water straight from the municipal taps. We leave it to sit overnight to get rid of the chlorine, but that's about it.

I'm learning all kinds of things here. What is softened water, and what is a reverse osmosis system? Where I live we are fortunate to have good clean perfectly phd water straight from the municipal taps. We leave it to sit overnight to get rid of the chlorine, but that's about it.
To put it simply, I have well water with a high mineral content.
A water softener unit is used to remove hard minerals from well water. It uses salt as an ion exchange to remove the minerals. Without it my well water is very hard. Think of a tub full of brown water, or all of your white items in the laundry turning a nasty shade of tan. Literally.....LOL
The plants don't like it because of the sodium content.
Reverse osmosis removes the sodium content from softened water. It can be expensive here.

I have softened water, and no reverse osmosis system. I've killed many a decorative house plant with the tap water being lazy trying to use it. :laughtwo:
I’m only kidding around about that but Bill284 gets his water for his plants from a river. But I’m sure he has indoor water also. I’m actually jealous of how good you guys have it there but I’m pissed 😡 your government won’t let me visit. Happy growing Lady C. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m only kidding around about that but Bill284 gets his water for his plants from a river. But I’m sure he has indoor water also. I’m actually jealous of how good you guys have it there but I’m pissed 😡 your government won’t let me visit. Happy growing Lady C. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm not Canadian. Can you visit the U.S.? Pop on over, I'll give you a glass of clean water. 😆 I knew you were kidding. I giggled when I read it.

I'm not Canadian. Can you visit the U.S.? Pop on over, I'll give you a glass of clean water. 😆 I knew you were kidding. I giggled when I read it.
I’m in the States and I have pretty decent City water. Even with the chlorine in it it’s never hurt any plants 🪴. CL🍀

To put it simply, I have well water with a high mineral content.
A water softener unit is used to remove hard minerals from well water. It uses salt as an ion exchange to remove the minerals. Without it my well water is very hard. Think of a tub full of brown water, or all of your white items in the laundry turning a nasty shade of tan. Literally.....LOL
The plants don't like it because of the sodium content.
Reverse osmosis removes the sodium content from softened water. It can be expensive here.
Thanks. That makes perfect sense now.

I’m in the States and I have pretty decent City water. Even with the chlorine in it it’s never hurt any plants 🪴. CL🍀
I'm in New Zealand and the chlorine in the water here is terrible. You can smell it and taste it. It's disgusting. Lots of people got sick from the water supply a couple years ago, so they doubled, (quadrupled) down on the chlorine.
I only use filtered water now.

I'm in New Zealand and the chlorine in the water here is terrible. You can smell it and taste it. It's disgusting. Lots of people got sick from the water supply a couple years ago, so they doubled, (quadrupled) down on the chlorine.
I only use filtered water now.
I use a zero water pitcher because we have lead in our water because of the City pipes but it removes the chlorine too. Still even if I use straight tap water it doesn’t hurt the plants. Maybe 🤔 it even helps with the micro nutrients. lol CL🍀 Edit: City was kind enough to give us the pitcher only thing is it’s 30 bucks for 2 replacement filters.

I use a zero water pitcher because we have lead in our water because of the City pipes but it removes the chlorine too. Still even if I use straight tap water it doesn’t hurt the plants. Maybe 🤔 it even helps with the micro nutrients. lol CL🍀
I thought chlorine killed the soil biome

Maybe with high amounts but if you look 👀 at my journal the soil I’m prepping has mycelium growing on it. CL🍀
Yeah I saw the mycelium, pretty cool stuff. You learn something new every day...

Back
Top Bottom