420 Magazine Canuck Seeds Comparative Grow - Motafina - Critical Mass

Nice work @MotaFina your girls look fantastic.
With a 8 week veg those girls are going to get big.

TR
Thanks Tokin Roll! They're coming along nicely, but still too small to flip.

One of the other two plants is getting pretty big. It's going to be a bit of work to maintain an even canopy.

Sorry to hear you got Covid. Your girls don't look like they suffered much while you were down.

Sorry to hear you got Covid. Your girls don't look like they suffered much while you were down.
Thanks HashGirl! Yeah, Covid was gnarly....my wife and daughter and I all got it at the same time. Fortunately, these plants don't need much attention at this point.

CM2 (the runt) is staying pretty small. I expect that one will have a lower yield. But hopefully it'll make up for it in quality.

Update - Day 58 from seed - Day 49 of veg

For the sake of posting some content, here's a description of the Critical Mass strain from Canuk:

Critical Mass Feminized Seeds - A Quick Overview​

Critical Mass has a very nice plant metabolism and structure, resulting in very frosty and dense buds with a sharp flavor.
Critical Mass is a reworked excellent version of an old breed once known as Big Bud. This is a large yielding strain with an equally high stone.
Canuk Seeds' Critical Mass is a heavy plant currently in production both indoors and outdoors with massive buds.It's genetics originate from a very heavy Afghani combined with the original Skunk #1.
This strain flowers fairly quickly at 80 days from seed.
Critical Mass is a favorite plant of many growers looking for a huge yielding potent strong plant. However, due to the large production of flowering, this strain is susceptible to mold which can be reduced by growing indoors to reduce humidity.
THC levels of this strain may reach up to 24%.

And here's some pictures from today:

Critical Mass 1:

Critical Mass 2:

Update - Day 64 from seed - Day 55 of veg

Photos from today. I'm targeting this Sunday to flip these to 12/12 - at veg day 60.

That room is going to be packed!!! :yummy:

That room is going to be packed!!! :yummy:
I hope so! The two Critical Mass are actually pretty small....8-10". The one in the front left is going to be big. It's double the size of the CMs. I think that's a Peyote Forum.

Update - Day 69 from seed - Transition Day 3

I decided to flip a couple of days early. I was starting to get concerned about headroom in the tent after the stretch. So they've had 3 days of 12/12 now and are starting to stretch. Here's a picture:

These CMs are still pretty small. The other two are getting big. No worries though....I'm sure the tent will be plenty full!

Update - Day 75 from seed - Transition Day 8

No pistils are showing in the tops yet so we're not into flower just yet. I expect we'll see the first pistils in the next 2-3 days. I just installed the 1000w HPS bulb last night. Here's photos from just before I installed it:

In this first shot, you can see that the plant on the left is raised. It's on top of a 5" thick medical book. So that shows how much smaller that plant is....a real runt!

And here's a tent shot from just after I installed the HPS bulb. Unfortunately, the HPS light spectrum makes it pretty difficult to get decent photos. But this is the look going forward.

Thanks 2Water and HashGirl.

I'll need to find another camera for flower pictures. My phone freaks out from the HPS spectrum. Here's photos from last night - day 3 of flower. I'll try to get some decent pictures when lights come on tonight.

Update - Day 85 from seed - Flower Day 6

I did some defoliation around the bottoms to get better airflow. And I've been feeding here and there. So far so good, no apparent issues at this point. The CM1 is pretty light colored and might start fading early. But that one's been finicky from the start.

I borrowed my wife's Nikon. Here's pics from last night. Not much to look at yet, but they're starting to smell up the tent really nice.

Plants:

Emerging buds:

Update - Day 97 from seed - Flower Day 18

Pictures from tonight. A few nights ago, I top dressed with a mixture of Vermont Compost Company 'Compost Plus', earth worm castings and a tablespoon per pot of DTE Seabird Guano (0-11-0). Tonight I gave them a 1/2 dosage feeding of NFTG. I'm not noticing any signs of toxicity or lockout. CM1 is definitely on it's way to an early fade, but still looks good at the moment.

Here's pictures:

Update - Day 97 from seed - Flower Day 18

Pictures from tonight. A few nights ago, I top dressed with a mixture of Vermont Compost Company 'Compost Plus', earth worm castings and a tablespoon per pot of DTE Seabird Guano (0-11-0). Tonight I gave them a 1/2 dosage feeding of NFTG. I'm not noticing any signs of toxicity or lockout. CM1 is definitely on it's way to an early fade, but still looks good at the moment.

Here's pictures:

Looking good @MotaFina :popcorn:

Thanks WakkaDerpin! I love this stage of the grow. Every time you open the tent you can really notice the buds' growth. It seems that after about 4 weeks, they slow down, or start growing more from the inside-out.

Update - Day 105 from seed - Flower Day 26

Happy New Year! Not much to report here. Slow but constant growth. CM1 beginning to fade a little. CM2 on the smallish side. Here's photos from tonight.

Update - Day 112 from seed - Flower Day 33

I'm starting to see some signs of over feeding (leaf tip burn) on Critical Mass 2. Critical Mass 1 is really losing color in the fans now. I've given them one half-strength feeding and one compost tea feeding over the past week. Everything seems to be on track. Here's pictures:

Plants:

Buds:

Back
Top Bottom