420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Joe Grows Cherry Pie & Strawberry Banana

Winter is back 😞😓had to shovel snow this morning. Not too bad for temp but next week gonna get colder
Ready because week before I got another 3/4 cord of wood. Was cutting splitting & stacking

8 week update good thing I took pics last night feeling beat
Straw Berry Banana is starting to get heavy so had to add some bamboo to help hold them up
Took a few big leaves off also to open it up a bit
Still feeding 1/2 strength nutrients every watering about 3 days
Cherry pie is starting to bulk up nicely, looks to have a couple weeks to go

some heafty looking bud going on there Joe

Sorry getting behind on this journal. Took pictures last night, uploaded them & got busy
So, plants are at 9 weeks 3 days or 66 days .
The Strawberry Banana is ripening quick, probably start cutting on the weekend
Cherry Pie looks like it could go another week still got lots of white pistils
I notice most of the other Cherry pie grows have long tall buds also

For those that want to know more on my fertilizing I'm posting the Future Harvest nutrient schedule. I follow the weeks but depending on the size of the plants & how they react I adjust how strong a mix I am feeding, most time 1/2 strength
I use the main 3 parts MGB, calnesium, royal gold, bud start, ton o buds & bud boom with rainwater.

Sorry getting behind on this journal. Took pictures last night, uploaded them & got busy
So, plants are at 9 weeks 3 days or 66 days .
The Strawberry Banana is ripening quick, probably start cutting on the weekend
Cherry Pie looks like it could go another week still got lots of white pistils
I notice most of the other Cherry pie grows have long tall buds also

For those that want to know more on my fertilizing I'm posting the Future Harvest nutrient schedule. I follow the weeks but depending on the size of the plants & how they react I adjust how strong a mix I am feeding, most time 1/2 strength
I use the main 3 parts MGB, calnesium, royal gold, bud start, ton o buds & bud boom with rainwater.
That Strawberry Banna has some nice colors and fat buds & Cherry pie looks awesome, i just picked up some future Harvest Calnesium & first time using it

That Strawberry Banna has some nice colors and fat buds & Cherry pie looks awesome, i just picked up some future Harvest Calnesium & first time using it
Thanks @con I'm using it because I use rainwater

Thanks again for the opportunity to grow this plant @Canuk Seeds
Did the big chop on the Strawberry Banana on Saturday night. Took about 2 1/2 hours, left my hands sticky & aching. Did an hour on big fans the night before. Pretty good haul left some small popcorn buds on the skeleton.
Picked em off a couple times but kept on growing back

Overall fast growing needs a bit extra nitrogen in flower, lots of big buds, easy plant to grow even in my cool dry environment.

Earthy hashy smell, waiting to see if it has any strawberry banana taste

The Cherry Pie is still pumping out white pistils so not sure how much longer
IMG_5492.JPG

Did the big chop on the Strawberry Banana on Saturday night. Took about 2 1/2 hours, left my hands sticky & aching. Did an hour on big fans the night before. Pretty good haul left some small popcorn buds on the skeleton.

Overall fast growing needs a bit extra nitrogen in flower, lots of big buds, easy plant to grow even in my cool dry environment.

IMG_5492.JPG
Congrats on the chop hopefully not much longer for the CP

IMG_5492.JPG
Busting out the flowers joe. A1 top shelf homie :high-five:

Congrats on the harvest! How long do you cure for?
Thanks @HashGirl About 5 -7 days hang dry, into the jar to rehydrate get it to about 65- 70 % then slow cure for a month in a cool place
Busting out the flowers joe. A1 top shelf homie :high-five:
Thanks Bud. Hope they taste good, I've become a bit of a weed snob since legalization

I trim all of my sugar leaf in my ss steamer pan, on the couch with pillow & heating pad, steamer pan in my lap
Pile everything up on one side, Sugar leaves to the bottom right as I trim, trimmed buds top right

I leave everything on the stems & use them, so I don't touch the buds
Wrap wire on the ends & hang on wire hangers in the coldest room in the basement
I Have no Enviromental controls so just try not to let it get to dry wait till it feels crunchy on outside but large stems still bend but don't snap
Worst you can do is let it dry too much, once it gets to 50% the cure stops even if you rehydrate it to 62%

Then into the jar to rehydrate get it to about 65- 70 %( by opening & closing or removing if really damp still) Then slow cure for a month in a cool place checking regularly (shake it up give it a smell)
IMG_5471.JPG
IMG_5498.JPG

I trim all of my sugar leaf in my ss steamer pan, on the couch with pillow & heating pad, steamer pan in my lap
Pile everything up on one side, Sugar leaves to the bottom right as I trim, trimmed buds top right

I leave everything on the stems & use them, so I don't touch the buds
Wrap wire on the ends & hang on wire hangers in the coldest room in the basement
I Have no Enviromental controls so just try not to let it get to dry wait till it feels crunchy on outside but large stems still bend but don't snap
Worst you can do is let it dry too much, once it gets to 50% the cure stops even if you rehydrate it to 62%

Then into the jar to rehydrate get it to about 65- 70 %( by opening & closing or removing if really damp still) Then slow cure for a month in a cool place checking regularly (shake it up give it a smell)
IMG_5471.JPG
IMG_5498.JPG
Congratulations on the harvest looking really good 💚👍

Update on the Cherry pie I'm not sure when this plant is going to be done
It just keeps throwing out the white pistils . it is losing some of the big fan leaves but still has enough green to keep it going
Gave it a full strength feeding, see if that helps to ripen it up

It just keeps throwing out the white pistils . it is losing some of the big fan leaves but still has enough green to keep it going

I know how you feel mine is behaving the same way 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I think their flower times are a little off 🤣🤣

I know how you feel mine is behaving the same way 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I think their flower times are a little off 🤣🤣
It seemed to start out looking more indica then shot up looking more like sativa & taking as long as salvias does
Isn't Durban Poison a tall, budded plant. I think it took on more of that then the Grand Daddy Purple

It seemed to start out looking more indica then shot up looking more like sativa & taking as long as salvias does
Isn't Durban Poison a tall, budded plant. I think it took on more of that then the Grand Daddy Purple
How does yours smell currently, mine smells of those jelly mint lollies with the sugar on them.

How does yours smell currently, mine smells of those jelly mint lollies with the sugar on them.
Earthy hashy with a bit of sweet fruity smells

Mine could go another month minimum easy

Joe, all looking great, but yes, a few weeks from chop. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom