Con's First Indoor Soil Grow

good day folk's, my first indoor soil grow, 1 plant angel og & 2 plant's of meat breath both are hybrid indica dominate auto flower's grown in a home made box lined with mylar reflective sheet's room is 3 1/2' x 4' & blocked in half with a mylar sheet so 3 1/2'x2', have 1 spider farmer SF 1000 led light, with a thermatic controler temp set to 25 c & turn's on at 22c, soil is 2 parts vigoro organic soil .08-.05-.08 mixed with 1 part Miricle grow sea compost with about 10% perlite in 5 gal plastic pail's with drain holes, RH ave is 53% they have been in the soil for 2 weeks now and just started with Dutch Nutrient Gro a & b and when it starts flowering i will be using Dutch Nutrient Bloom a & b will also be running a spider farmer 4'' inline fan with a charcoal filter watering every 3-4 day's with 1 liter of water, 2 watering's with the nutes and 1 straight water with a PH of 6, wish me luck will update every week, first pic is initial set up 2nd pic is week 3rd pic is week 2, 20 hr of light 4 hr off light is about 16-18'' above plants, this is all new to me any friendly advice would be great

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

Welcome to the 420 Forums, @con !

First indoor grow I see. Have you experience in the great outdoors?
yeah first indoor grow, i tried 3 plant's outdoors at my camp site & made a lot of mistakes did not get much bud off them but was a learning experience & was a cold wet may & june

Thank's i will need some tip's but they seem to be doing ok for now and unsure if i should water with nutes 2 times then once with straight water or once with nutes and once with water & repeat, probably play it safe with one water& nutes and one water for now, i can't really find any info on this Dutch Nutrient

Thank's i will need some tip's but they seem to be doing ok for now and unsure if i should water with nutes 2 times then once with straight water or once with nutes and once with water & repeat, probably play it safe with one water& nutes and one water for now, i can't really find any info on this Dutch Nutrient
Con, with autos you want to get them off to a fast start. It's a race against their clock.

I would skip the water only feeds. You may want to start them out using your nutrients at less than the recommended dosage (maybe half) but feed them every time you water. And don't stay at half-strength for too long!

(And should you happen upon it, pay no attention to the auto I'm currently growing or you will surely ignore my advice! :laughtwo: )

Meat Breath, huh? @InTheShed knows someone who would probably love that strain!

Con, with autos you want to get them off to a fast start. It's a race against their clock.

I would skip the water only feeds. You may want to start them out using your nutrients at less than the recommended dosage (maybe half) but feed them every time you water. And don't stay at half-strength for too long!

(And should you happen upon it, pay no attention to the auto I'm currently growing or you will surely ignore my advice! :laughtwo: )

sound's good will follow advice with 1/2 nutes every watering, recomendation's on when to go full strenth ?

sound's good will follow advice with 1/2 nutes every watering, recomendation's on when to go full strenth ?
I actually think you could go full strength now. Your plants look happy and healthy. Have you been feeding them at full strength already? If so, keep doing it, just skip the water only feeds!

I actually think you could go full strength now. Your plants look happy and healthy. Have you been feeding them at full strength already? If so, keep doing it, just skip the water

I actually think you could go full strength now. Your plants look happy and healthy. Have you been feeding them at full strength already? If so, keep doing it, just skip the water only feeds!
i gave them their first nute watering at full strength yesterday & look okay this morning so will continue at full strength

LOL thanks-ish for the tag GDB!
i can't really find any info on this Dutch Nutrient
Allow me:
Dutch Nutrient Gro a & b
GRO A :
- Nitrogen 2%
- Phosphate 0%
- Potash 2%
- Calcium 2%
GRO B :
- Nitrogen 0%
- Phosphate 1%
- Potash 3%
- Magnesium 0.5%
Dutch Nutrient Bloom a & b
Bloom A 3-0-3
Nitrogen……………………..3%
Potash……………………….3%
Calcium……………………2.3%
Bloom B 1-0.5-3
Nitrogen……………..……….1%
Available Phosphate..….0.5%
Soluble Potash………….…3%
Molybdenum………….0.0012%

Did they come with a feeding schedule and do those numbers match what's on your bottles? There don't seem to be any micronutrients in the Gro series and barely any in the Bloom.

I can tell you that there isn't much calcium or magnesium in the Gro and no magnesium in the Bloom, nor is there any sulfur which helps with terpene development. Might need some epsom salts in there with those nutes.

LOL thanks-ish for the tag GDB!

Allow me:

GRO A :
- Nitrogen 2%
- Phosphate 0%
- Potash 2%
- Calcium 2%
GRO B :
- Nitrogen 0%
- Phosphate 1%
- Potash 3%
- Magnesium 0.5%

Bloom A 3-0-3
Nitrogen……………………..3%
Potash……………………….3%
Calcium……………………2.3%
Bloom B 1-0.5-3
Nitrogen……………..……….1%
Available Phosphate..….0.5%
Soluble Potash………….…3%
Molybdenum………….0.0012%

Did they come with a feeding schedule and do those numbers match what's on your bottles? There don't seem to be any micronutrients in the Gro series and barely any in the Bloom.

I can tell you that there isn't much calcium or magnesium in the Gro and no magnesium in the Bloom, nor is there any sulfur which helps with terpene development. Might need some epsom salts in there with those nutes.
Sounds like another nute company we know doesn’t bro? Lmao CL🍀

Since you're looking for some help with these nutes, here is my 2 cents if these were my plants. This is what I would be feeding them in full veg:

Gro B: 6.9ml
Bloom B: 13.7ml
Epsom Salts: 0.9g

(Yes, that's just Gro B and Bloom B with no need for the A of either.)

So for those in the first week after the second set of true leaves, I would dilute that by 75%, by 50% the second week, by 25% the third week, and full strength in the fourth week. Yours seem to be of different ages, so I'd make the full-strength batch and add water based on age.

At full veg strength that's 108-8-135
with Ca at 82, Mg at 34, and S at 32.

You're low on the phosphorus but I can't figure out how to get more in there using your nutes without blowing up something else.

And I would feed every time, and not water by the number of days but when the pots feel light.

Sounds like another nute company we know doesn’t bro? Lmao CL🍀
Seems to be a thing with nutes we don't usually see around here.

Since you're looking for some help with these nutes, here is my 2 cents if these were my plants. This is what I would be feeding them in full veg:

So for those in the first week after the second set of true leaves, I would dilute that by 75%, by 50% the second week, by 25% the third week, and full strength in the fourth week. Yours seem to be of different ages, so I'd make the full-strength batch and add water based on age.

At full strength that's 108-8-135

You're low on the phosphorus but I can't figure out how to get more in there using your nutes without blowing up something else.

And I would feed every time, and not water by the number of days but when the pots feel light.

I used a bathroom scale until I got the feel of lifting them. Good luck and happy growing. CL🍀

... i can't really find any info on this Dutch Nutrient
I just typed in Dutch Nutrient Gro and found info from the company and from product sellers and some users. The feeding schedule for the nutrient line was available. That company is from the Netherlands.

There is a company called Dutch Science, which has a Canadian address.

At full veg strength that's 108-8-135

thank's for the reply, by the sound's of it i picked up the wrong nutes or just a uncommon type, nube mistake for not doing enough research (just wanted to keep it simple) hope you don't mind me picking your ear for a few more question's really appreciate it , Q1 am i mixing the Gro B & Bloom B together now ? Q2 am i mixing these amount's with 1 liter of water or 2 or by the gallon ?

Now! That's the formula for full veg, which would be week 3 or 4 depending on how big your auto is. Autos are unpredictable I find.

Dilute that down for younger plants.

Oh sorry, per gallon!
thank you very much for the guidance will update the journal weekly the plant's just finished their 2nd week, the seed's where germinated 1 day apart, the 1 angel og is bigger than the 2 meat breath plant's and one meat breath is smaller than the other i'm thinking the light is uneven/ not centered properly to the pot's but their stock's are just starting to beef up compared to the angel og

the 1 angel og is bigger than the 2 meat breath plant's and one meat breath is smaller than the other i'm thinking the light is uneven/
That probably doesn't mean much now- chances are, they'll even out as they grow.
3 plants is a lot for a 100watt light, but right now, I don't think the light is causing any problems- as they get bigger, you may have to rotate them a few times a day, to make sure they all get some time in the "good light" every day. (the outer edges of the light output isn't as powerful as the light in the center)

Back
Top Bottom