Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

but agree that Cheetos & Jerky will keep any hard working dude kicking along. 🤣
I lived on that stuff for years...incidentally, it also keeps a lazy old man kickin' too... 😁
You've got to be puking kidding!
The jerky is there because there's not quite enough sodium in just the Cheetos!🤪
it doesn’t get any better than this stuff.
Spoken like a true Cali native!
I eat it all too quickly, I find it addictive when I make it
When I used to make it, it was all eaten before it was all the way dry...
I'd always leave a little fat on there too- yummmm!

A happy, happy baby teen(?) indeed Carcass. These watering systems sure seem to take these plants to the next level, huh? Get your carhooks warmed up and ready to fiddle! She’s gonna be ready any minute.

OMG C SIPster! You’re the BEST! You are such a great mentor!

Full Disclosure: I’ve been awake two days and I’m a bit lit so my love spray might be a bit OTT… LOLLING!

A funny tho. I’ve had a bowl of Cheetos for dinner and I’ve got this nagging feeling my man is not going to appreciate his bowl of dinner Cheetos like I appreciated mine when he gets home from work…
Pro tip: Chopsticks.
No orange fingers plus you can dip in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing or?
Proper meal.

She’s gonna be ready any minute.
Thanks, HH- and you were right on the money with that statement- the torture training starts later today!
Pro tip: Chopsticks.
No orange fingers plus you can dip in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing or?
Proper meal.
Damn good idea, GB! Keeps that orange dust where it belongs...👍
==================================================================================

And, since Monday is here once again, how about a little Update on the Blue Gelato 41?

Here's where we left her last Monday, about an hour after topping...she didn't seem particularly bothered about losing her head...
post-topping.jpg

And today- she's 20 days above ground - topped 7 days ago, transplanted into the 4 gallon SIP 6 days ago..
The transition from the solo cup SIP was seamless, she never did seem to notice the change...
bg1.jpg

I haven't touched her for 5 days, just letting her do her thing till the branches get long enough to start tying them down- and they're pretty much there today...
bg2.jpg

Nodes 2,3,&4 are doing pretty good, node 1 isn't doing much yet...but it's early..
The upper fan leaf on the right side got a little too close to the scissors at topping time, so it's minus 3 fingers..oops!
bg3.jpg

3.5" tall now, so she's grown an inch since topping...seems short, but she's "just right" imo...
bg4.jpg

The roots must have found the Grow Dots, because her green is spot on....
bg5.jpg

She's going through about a quart of water a day, avg. temp in the box is 85f day, 70f night(lights out), on an 18/6 light schedule...
The rh varies from 35-45%- I can't adjust that, so it just is what it is...
bg6.jpg

The light is set to 150 watts/26k lux at the canopy- up from 130 watts a week ago...the light is 30" above the plant..she seems happy with that...
bg7.jpg

Her training will start this afternoon- her little branches are a bit beefy, so me and my sausage fingers need to be very careful not to break any of them off in the process...:oops:

That about covers things for today,
Thank You for having a look- I appreciate the support..:love:
And I hope everyone has a great week!

She's looking good Carcass! Why am I not surprised? :Rasta:

I'm curious. In addition to having sausage fingers are you also ham-handed? :)

Thanks, GDB!
I'm curious. In addition to having sausage fingers are you also ham-handed?
Of course...after all, the two go hand in ham...g r o a n . . . 😆
She looks just beautiful 🤩

Dem Barney’s genetics. When they get it right, they get it right.
Thanks so much, T!
This is only my third Barney's plant, the first two were
awesome, this one may be headed that way too...🤔

Thanks, HH- and you were right on the money with that statement- the torture training starts later today!

Damn good idea, GB! Keeps that orange dust where it belongs...👍
==================================================================================

And, since Monday is here once again, how about a little Update on the Blue Gelato 41?

Here's where we left her last Monday, about an hour after topping...she didn't seem particularly bothered about losing her head...

And today- she's 20 days above ground - topped 7 days ago, transplanted into the 4 gallon SIP 6 days ago..
The transition from the solo cup SIP was seamless, she never did seem to notice the change...

I haven't touched her for 5 days, just letting her do her thing till the branches get long enough to start tying them down- and they're pretty much there today...

Nodes 2,3,&4 are doing pretty good, node 1 isn't doing much yet...but it's early..
The upper fan leaf on the right side got a little too close to the scissors at topping time, so it's minus 3 fingers..oops!

3.5" tall now, so she's grown an inch since topping...seems short, but she's "just right" imo...

The roots must have found the Grow Dots, because her green is spot on....

She's going through about a quart of water a day, avg. temp in the box is 85f day, 70f night(lights out), on an 18/6 light schedule...
The rh varies from 35-45%- I can't adjust that, so it just is what it is...

The light is set to 150 watts/26k lux at the canopy- up from 130 watts a week ago...the light is 30" above the plant..she seems happy with that...

Her training will start this afternoon- her little branches are a bit beefy, so me and my sausage fingers need to be very careful not to break any of them off in the process...:oops:

That about covers things for today,
Thank You for having a look- I appreciate the support..:love:
And I hope everyone has a great week!

Blue Gelato looks good. I'm surprised Shed didn't say anything about her leaves being in the dirt. Do you have a way to get them off the dirt?

Also, this is your second SIP grow, Carcass. You obviously liked what it did the first time around. Will you be doing anything different this round or just running it like the last one?

She seems happy with everything! :)
Thank You, Shed!
And her happiness continues...

Thank You, HashGirl!
Do you have a way to get them off the dirt?
I don't worry about them- in the SIP, the surface is almost dry- plus, those lower leaves will fall off pretty soon anyway- if they get moldy, they'll just go a little sooner..✂️
Also, this is your second SIP grow,
It's actually the third grow in the big (4 gallon)SIP+ 2 grows in the small(3 gal.) SIP- I think I'm hooked!
Will you be doing anything different this round or just running it like the last one?
Pretty much the same as the last one- I'm still trying to dial in what to do when the Grow Dots run out of gas around the 60 day mark- I keep them alive ok, but there's more yellow leaves than I like to see...

Thank You, Shed!
And her happiness continues...

Thank You, HashGirl!

I don't worry about them- in the SIP, the surface is almost dry- plus, those lower leaves will fall off pretty soon anyway- if they get moldy, they'll just go a little sooner..✂️

It's actually the third grow in the big (4 gallon)SIP+ 2 grows in the small(3 gal.) SIP- I think I'm hooked!

Pretty much the same as the last one- I'm still trying to dial in what to do when the Grow Dots run out of gas around the 60 day mark- I keep them alive ok, but there's more yellow leaves than I like to see...
Yeah, I have been waiting on you figuring out the Grow Dots depletion issue…

Hi, DeeBoy, Thanks for stopping by!
Yeah, I have been waiting on you figuring out the Grow Dots depletion issue…
Yes, the Dots work absolutely perfectly- until (what seems like suddenly) they don't...
This time, I'm going to fight fire with fire, and add more dots on day 55 or so.

Exactly how to add them is the tricky part...I don't want them on the surface, since I never top water- so I need to figure how to
add them underground...I'm thinking just poke some deep holes in the medium, drop them in, and cover them up...at the same time, I'll be adding 10-15 ml. of Purpinator to her water, every watering...
I'll try 4 tsp. of dots this first time- more next time if four isn't enough...🤔

Anyhow, that's the plan right now- but it may change before the time comes.
The Grow dots folks have an extended release version also, which I may try next time...

Hi, DeeBoy, Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, the Dots work absolutely perfectly- until (what seems like suddenly) they don't...
This time, I'm going to fight fire with fire, and add more dots on day 55 or so.

Exactly how to add them is the tricky part...I don't want them on the surface, since I never top water- so I need to figure how to
add them underground...I'm thinking just poke some deep holes in the medium, drop them in, and cover them up...at the same time, I'll be adding 10-15 ml. of Purpinator to her water, every watering...
I'll try 4 tsp. of dots this first time- more next time if four isn't enough...🤔

Anyhow, that's the plan right now- but it may change before the time comes.
The Grow dots folks have an extended release version also, which I may try next time...
The extended release adds 30 extra days of veg, not sure if that’s the answer or not… and if you add more dots into your medium at day 60, won’t that be too much nitrogen for that stage?

won’t that be too much nitrogen for that stage?
It probably will, although with just 4 tsp., maybe not enough to do any real damage.
Things might get a little leafy, but I can work around that. 😬

It’s Tuesday.

#justsayin
Wondering how our plant is doing?
Here ya go!

=================================================
Monday again already, so it must be Update time!

The Blue Gelato 41 is doing pretty well at 27 days old- she's been in her SIP for 13 days and she seems to like it in there...

Here's where we left her 7 days ago, @ 20 days old..
bg1.jpg

And here she is this morning @ 27 days old/day 7 of training/13 days in the Grow Dots..
She started out right in the middle, but she's leaning a little now, so she's about an inch off center (not that it matters, I just like 'em in the middle)
bg2.jpg

She hasn't gotten any taller this week- still 3.5" tall, but she's a little bit wider🤏....she'd like to be taller, and she will be pretty soon- just not right now...
So far, I've removed 12 of her large fan leaves to let more light into her interior- once the light hits those little branches, they start growing like crazy..
bg3.jpg

As @HashGirl mentioned last week- some of the bottom leaves are laying on the soil- in this SIP, the soil surface is almost dry, so the leaves aren't likely to get moldy like they would if it were wet...and, most of those leaves won't be there much longer anyway...
bg4.jpg

She's drinking a little more than a quart a day now..just plain water, since the Grow Dots are handling her nutritional needs for another (apx.) 47 days or so...🥣

An "end view" so you can see how the training's going...During this part of the training, I adjust the main branches so they don't shade one another when they get a little bigger, and I steer the little branches into open areas, where they also won't block any other branches/tops as they grow...
bg5.jpg

A view from the other end...In case anyone wonders, the soil/rez temp is 77-78f- the seedling mat she sits on is always on- it keeps the soil and rez warm ,and also warms the box up a few degrees, which is fine in the cool weather we've been having lately..box temp varies from 80-86f most days, 67-70f at lights out.
bg6.jpg

A SaugaView®:
The light is still at 150 watts/25kLux at the canopy, and she's now on a 19/5 light schedule.
I know it doesn't look like it, but she's actually growing pretty fast- I need to adjust those hooks twice a day..she'll probably reach the edges of the pot by this time next week...🤔

bg7.jpg

There you have it for today-
A special Thank You goes to @Trala for making this @Barney's Farm grow possible:high-five:

Thank You for stopping by,

I really appreciate your support..❤️

I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

It probably will, although with just 4 tsp., maybe not enough to do any real damage.

Here ya go!

The Blue Gelato 41 is doing pretty well at 27 days old- she's been in her SIP for 13 days and she seems to like it in there...

bg1.jpg

And here she is this morning @ 27 days old/day 7 of training/13 days in the Grow Dots..
She started out right in the middle, but she's leaning a little now, so she's about an inch off center (not that it matters, I just like 'em in the middle)
bg2.jpg

She hasn't gotten any taller this week- still 3.5" tall, but she's a little bit wider🤏....she'd like to be taller, and she will be pretty soon- just not right now...
So far, I've removed 12 of her large fan leaves to let more light into her interior- once the light hits those little branches, they start growing like crazy..
bg3.jpg

As @HashGirl mentioned last week- some of the bottom leaves are laying on the soil- in this SIP, the soil surface is almost dry, so the leaves aren't likely to get moldy like they would if it were wet...and, most of those leaves won't be there much longer anyway...
bg4.jpg

She's drinking a little more than a quart a day now..just plain water, since the Grow Dots are handling her nutritional needs for another (apx.) 47 days or so...🥣

An "end view" so you can see how the training's going...During this part of the training, I adjust the main branches so they don't shade one another when they get a little bigger, and I steer the little branches into open areas, where they also won't block any other branches/tops as they grow...
bg5.jpg

A view from the other end...In case anyone wonders, the soil/rez temp is 77-78f- the seedling mat she sits on is always on- it keeps the soil and rez warm ,and also warms the box up a few degrees, which is fine in the cool weather we've been having lately..box temp varies from 80-86f most days, 67-70f at lights out.
bg6.jpg

A SaugaView®:
The light is still at 150 watts/25kLux at the canopy, and she's now on a 19/5 light schedule.
I know it doesn't look like it, but she's actually growing pretty fast- I need to adjust those hooks twice a day..she'll probably reach the edges of the pot by this time next week...🤔

bg7.jpg

A special Thank You goes to @Trala for making this @Barney's Farm grow possible:high-five:

Looking great man! I’m trying to do your training method with the clips instead of stakes. Works pretty well until I break a stem…

Thank You, DeeBoy!
I’m trying to do your training method with the clips instead of stakes. Works pretty well until I break a stem…
Justin gave me some of those "plant benders" quite awhile back- I used them a little bit, but they bend things a little too much..and, trying to get them on and off with these sausage fingers is a recipe for disaster... :oops:
I was going to try @Azimuth 's great idea of supercropping (instead of bending) close to the main stalk on this plant, but I haven't needed it yet...

Here ya go!

bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

bg3.jpg

bg4.jpg

bg5.jpg

bg6.jpg

A SaugaView®:

bg7.jpg

Now that is cool. It's a beautiful plant on its own, then you do the training which is just cool. To me the training is an art form.

Enjoying the unfolding of the Disappearing Piggy! :)

Back
Top Bottom