Copperfield's Budget Soil Grow: Girl Scout Cookies, Garden Shed Grow, 2019

Hey Copperfield, hope you're doing well and keeping cool in the heat!
Sorry to hear about the clones - they're so sensitive when we're trying to get them rooted. Cold or hot they don't like it!
Other than that your gardens looking fantastic. I love the look of your drip system, nice and simple.
:high-five::morenutes::passitleft:
Hey Irie....yeah I’m good mate. Been warm the past week here. Lost all 6 off the new clones but none of the other plants seam affected so all good. Thx, the dripper was made out a old aquarium pump and a few other bits I had lying about.
How’s everything with you mate?

Good morning to all the global growers.....Been a while since my last proper update, with the kids all off school and the crazy weeks weather we’ve had. So here we go....

First up the Girl Scout Cookies. They’re on day 52. They had there last feed on Saturday, and it’s just water till harvest. Leaves are starting to die off now, I haven’t pushed them with the feed because I didn’t know what amount of nutes were left in the soil. First grow so I’m not sure if they are as big as they should be, which I’m sure they’re not. Here’s a few pictures from this morning....

Leaves are dying off on the left side girl more than the right.

I’ve noticed that my Sour Orange Auto is fattening up more that the GSC, so it’s possible there are multiple factors that have gone into the GSC not being as big. Could be light hanging distance, it’s been 16” for the GSC and 10” to 12” for SOA so maybe that’s one. Maybe the light feeds for the GSC haven’t helped either. My plans to run GSC again for my next grow in hydro. Light heights will be adjusted, and I’ll be able to control my nutes a lot better....well in theory anyway :)

Right, my other flowering girl is the Sour Orange Auto. As I’ve said before, I’m not sure how I didn’t kill her with my stupidity. She’s been in 3 pots and dropped.

She’s fattened up nice this last week. Still waiting to any clouding in the trics

Right, now we’re on to the clones and new veg hydro.
In total now out of 12 clones only 5 survived the crazy weather. Had no way of bringing the nute temperature down so they got cooked. 1 Bruce Banner and 4 Critical Orange Punch are all that’s left. So to be safe I planted 1 of each in soil to raise up as mothers as something to fall back on.

New growth has started on both plants so they’ll be fine.

The 3 remaining Critical Orange Punch have been put into pre soaked 4” cubes and put under veg light. I’ll top feed at first until they take in there cubes.
Also under the veg light are 4 GSC which will be next into flower. They were originally soil clones which I swapped into rockwool with no effect on them.

They’ve all been topped, a little late I think. I m opening them out with pipe cleaners to build a canopy and just trying not to mess it up. So much to learn.....

Not sure if I’m doing it right. I’ve watched videos and read all I can on the job at hand, but I guess there’s nothing like practicing and learning from mistakes.
I’ll let you guys and gals know how I get on in a few days.
Happy growing ppl. :ganjamon:

how goes it fella...?!
you handled the clone menace like a pro.
bet you're glad temps back down now, had same issues with the heat and humidity down here in Devon not to mention the insect uprising at same time.
all back on track now and looking good.
keep it up
w

how goes it fella...?!
you handled the clone menace like a pro.
bet you're glad temps back down now, had same issues with the heat and humidity down here in Devon not to mention the insect uprising at same time.
all back on track now and looking good.
keep it up
w
Hi KirA....it’s going better now mate thx. Yeah heat was crazy...I don’t know about handling it like a pro, thought it was all falling apart for a minute mate lol Insects have been crazy....ants tunnelled under the concrete to the shed and tried to make a home :) Humidity has been bearable but the shed temps hit 32 degrees. All seams to be going good now...just teaching myself how to train the next grow of Girl Scout Cookies. How’s everything going on with you mate?

Well a few hurdles to overcome but keeping my pecker up.
Bouyed by a sample of my first plant yesterday. Dried a side nug in the oven, more for testing potency than taste, but both erre magical.
Taste, despite being baked in oven was good, barely any chlorophyll aftertaste and still had some sweetness coming through. But potency went for my misses, she couldnt talk properly for about half an hour yesterday.. (so it go her to shut up - 5 stars right there!!) So very happy.
Have some space issues on going and changing my medium to coco now but otherwise, couldnt be better.

So when are you figuring to chop the Sour Orange?!?
Thats, what 4 months now?!

Dont worry about fuking up the lst, I deliberately did a couple of mine badly, to see how they grow that way and most issues around their position relative to pot they are in can be sorted afterwards.
Even if it takes an extra week or two in veg...
:thumb:

Well a few hurdles to overcome but keeping my pecker up.
Bouyed by a sample of my first plant yesterday. Dried a side nug in the oven, more for testing potency than taste, but both erre magical.
Taste, despite being baked in oven was good, barely any chlorophyll aftertaste and still had some sweetness coming through. But potency went for my misses, she couldnt talk properly for about half an hour yesterday.. (so it go her to shut up - 5 stars right there!!) So very happy.
Have some space issues on going and changing my medium to coco now but otherwise, couldnt be better.

So when are you figuring to chop the Sour Orange?!?
Thats, what 4 months now?!

Dont worry about fuking up the lst, I deliberately did a couple of mine badly, to see how they grow that way and most issues around their position relative to pot they are in can be sorted afterwards.
Even if it takes an extra week or two in veg...
:rofl: Lmfao....sounds like the perfect strain if its a missus silencer. Might have to try that one.

Yeah it seams like a lifetime since I started the auto...but with me using the degradable pot to start off with really slowed things up. Then with 2 more pot changes and me dropping the poor girl I’m surprised she still ain’t in shock lol As for now I’m just keeping an eye on the tric colour, and at the minute they’re still clear. I’m only using a 30w full spectrum cob on the Auto. I’m impressed with the outcome so far on 30w

Yeah I got to be honest mate the lst is worrying me a little. I’m trying to get a read on what the flower light I’ve built will do, so want the 4 girls in the best shape possible for next run at flower in a few weeks.

Just going to have a read of your journal now mate :) Catch you later

Cant be believe it knocked us sideways, only amnesia but id say its upin the mid 20s for thc ...
I had delivery a couple weeks ago and although it wasn't bad stuff it was just ok, good even, but my girl's effects were a world apart..

Ahh, the cob and the pot changes explains the time... Autos are touchy by all accounts
But even so thats no mean feat getting it to spitting distance to the finish line.!

Depends what you want to do with 'em fella. Is it yield, structure, single or multiple colas etc my tips are:

Be wary and bend them slowly
Keep electrical tape on hand for breaks (and dont stress IF you do break a limb, leccy tape expands so will stretch as plant grows)
Whatever wire you use dont get thin wire as it cuts into the plant

There are few journals here that will help
Intheshed's lst journal

And a more advanced one for autos but same priniciples
Asesino auto quadlining

Both excellent and there are loads more, but once you get the gist, you'll do great :thumb:

Cant be believe it knocked us sideways, only amnesia but id say its upin the mid 20s for thc ...
I had delivery a couple weeks ago and although it wasn't bad stuff it was just ok, good even, but my girl's effects were a world apart..

Ahh, the cob and the pot changes explains the time... Autos are touchy by all accounts
But even so thats no mean feat getting it to spitting distance to the finish line.!

Depends what you want to do with 'em fella. Is it yield, structure, single or multiple colas etc my tips are:

Be wary and bend them slowly
Keep electrical tape on hand for breaks (and dont stress IF you do break a limb, leccy tape expands so will stretch as plant grows)
Whatever wire you use dont get thin wire as it cuts into the plant

There are few journals here that will help
Intheshed's lst journal

And a more advanced one for autos but same priniciples
Asesino auto quadlining

Both excellent and there are loads more, but once you get the gist, you'll do great :thumb:
Thx for the links KirA.... will post some pictures of the 4 Girl Scout Cookies later as they’ll have there first trim and tidy up today :)
There’s been a few ppl my way touting amnesia haze but you can never trust what they say lol Most of them don’t even know what they’ got. I’ll have to get some seeds and give it a try.
Your journal is looking great mate, plants looking super healthy, keep up the good work :ganjamon:

Hey, i just gave you the links, if you find them useful 'Shed' and 'Ase' are the guys you should thank. ;)

I notice when commercial crap is doing the rounds its normally under the guise of 'oh, i think its Amnesia haze'.

As if we needed it but another reason to grow our own.

Well imma doing a sog with her soon now i know quality (fkg WOW); since I was hedging my bets by cloning her, gonna try simple 2l cola bottle with single or double flower only x 14 in a drip tray.

Should be fun.

Not sure how it works, but if you want a clone, ill have spares. I'll be happy to send. (pm if you feel the need.)

Hey, i just gave you the links, if you find them useful 'Shed' and 'Ase' are the guys you should thank. ;)

I notice when commercial crap is doing the rounds its normally under the guise of 'oh, i think its Amnesia haze'.

As if we needed it but another reason to grow our own.

Well imma doing a sog with her soon now i know quality (fkg WOW); since I was hedging my bets by cloning her, gonna try simple 2l cola bottle with single or double flower only x 14 in a drip tray.

Should be fun.

Not sure how it works, but if you want a clone, ill have spares. I'll be happy to send. (pm if you feel the need.)
I’ll will pass my thanx on them them both, great threads.

Yeah no extra excuses needed here mate lol With the prices and average bud available I can’t wait to be producing my own.

That’s a nice idea with the 2lt bottle, be nice to see how that turns out fella :)

That’s really nice of you to offer that mate. Maybe I’ll take you up on that for one of my grows :cheesygrinsmiley:
We could maybe swap when my Bruce Banner and Critical Orange Punch mother’s are ready

Veg Update time

Started trimming and lst the 4 Girl Scout Cookies in veg section. These will be the next flower crop.
This was the girls on Monday

The girls have been topped and trimmed to open out the canopy over the next few weeks.

The reservoir is set up and running now. They are fed 3 times a day and 5 minutes a feed at the moment, and I’ll increase it as the girls need it.
There’s 60lts in the reservoir, ph’d down to 5.6, and the ppm are at 480. I’ll increase this slightly each time as the girls get bigger.

There’s a wave maker in the reservoir to keep the nutes mixed up, and a air stone to oxygenate the solution. Also got a heated for the colder months but no need for that at the minute.
This is my first time doing hydro so going to be a bit of trial and error going on till I get used to it and find a schedule that’s works for my grow.
I’ll post up again Saturday and let you all know what’s going on.

Happy growing ppl :ganjamon:

Attachments

• AC121239-E9B9-40A8-9B65-293BBBAD9FB5.jpeg
    AC121239-E9B9-40A8-9B65-293BBBAD9FB5.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 67
Right update time....

I’ve had a bit of leaf burn on the tips of the leaves over the last few weeks. And over the last few days it progressed quick. I noticed it had started to burn the bud leaf tips, so not wanting to wreck my first harvest and them only having a week ish left I chopped them down. About 10% trics had turned amber and the rest were cloudy. I fully trimmed both girls and hug to dry. Comparing the bud size of the Sour Orange Auto to the GSC it’s obvious I messed up towards the end of flowering somewhere with the GSC. But it’s my first harvest and I’m stoked :cheesygrinsmiley:
I’ll leave them to dry for week 10 days ish then it’s into jars with bovida pack and hygrometer. My dry weight won’t be amazing but it’s a start.

Happy growing ppl

:ganjamon: BC

Congrats on the harvest, loads of quality herb hanging in there by the look of it! :yahoo:
Looking great in the veg section. Happy & healthy plants.

Right just a quick update....

The Sour Orange Auto is on day ??? Because of my dodgy start. Trics under the scope are cloudy, nothing amber yet. She’s just on a ph’d water diet only till harvest.

Lightings not the best for the picture.
Next grow will be dwc hydro so going to start a new journal for that. I’ll finish this journal when my Sour Orange Auto is finished

:ganjamon: BC

Frosty nugs! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom