Multi-Strain Soil Grow: 400W MH & HPS

Hi All.

I am from sunny Cape Town, South Africa.
With our outdoor grow season coming to an end (just chopped down 3 x Elvis plants grown outdoors) my growing buddy and myself have decided to move things indoors on a small scale for winter.

Grow specs:
Home-built grow box 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m in height.
Light: 400w MH for veg & 400w HPS flowering.
6” Extration fan
4” carbon filter
As for soil, pots & nutrients: I am running soil, pots & nutrients from a local company called Freedom farms. Will give some extra info on soil and nutes for those wondering.
10L Fabric pots - 20L Fabric pots

Strains (All been on 24/0 from seed):
1 x Cheese
2 x Double Glock (Ripper Seeds)(100% Indica, supposedly)
1 x Durban Poison X Sour Grape (In South Africa the Breeder named this Suur Bek - which translates to Sour Mouth.)
1 x Boneyard NorCal X Sour Grape (Named ‘Zululand Sour’ by the same Breeder (Helderberg Genetics))
1 x Bagseed
All were germinated on the the 23rd of February - making them about 46 days old from seed.
Major Spider Mite infestation picked up on around day 17 from seed. Quickly and agrresivly taken care of but the plants were heavely effected as it was my first experience with mites and I did not know how to deal with it initially.
All is going well now - my flip date to 12/12 is on the 17th of April. One week to go.
Any advice and questions are welcomed please.

Peace!
irie

5D2D88AE-F266-4C53-88C4-29B25B672D3B.jpeg
E7A1EA80-8D39-4F33-8A1C-7CD0F5D5A118.jpeg
B103E2FC-5694-4DD1-AB1F-BCED9896E5AE.jpeg
37EFB872-5242-4B68-857C-91A6FBF1046F.jpeg
45ABD31C-33F1-486F-BC83-6E1BA2C32AD7.jpeg

Hi All.

I am from sunny Cape Town, South Africa.
With our outdoor grow season coming to an end (just chopped down 3 x Elvis plants grown outdoors) my growing buddy and myself have decided to move things indoors on a small scale for winter.

Grow specs:
Home-built grow box 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m in height.
Light: 400w MH for veg & 400w HPS flowering.
6” Extration fan
4” carbon filter
As for soil, pots & nutrients: I am running soil, pots & nutrients from a local company called Freedom farms. Will give some extra info on soil and nutes for those wondering.
10L Fabric pots - 20L Fabric pots

Strains (All been on 24/0 from seed):
1 x Cheese
2 x Double Glock (Ripper Seeds)(100% Indica, supposedly)
1 x Durban Poison X Sour Grape (In South Africa the Breeder named this Suur Bek - which translates to Sour Mouth.)
1 x Boneyard NorCal X Sour Grape (Named ‘Zululand Sour’ by the same Breeder (Helderberg Genetics))
1 x Bagseed
All were germinated on the the 23rd of February - making them about 46 days old from seed.
Major Spider Mite infestation picked up on around day 17 from seed. Quickly and agrresivly taken care of but the plants were heavely effected as it was my first experience with mites and I did not know how to deal with it initially.
All is going well now - my flip date to 12/12 is on the 17th of April. One week to go.
Any advice and questions are welcomed please.

Peace!
irie

5D2D88AE-F266-4C53-88C4-29B25B672D3B.jpeg
E7A1EA80-8D39-4F33-8A1C-7CD0F5D5A118.jpeg
B103E2FC-5694-4DD1-AB1F-BCED9896E5AE.jpeg
37EFB872-5242-4B68-857C-91A6FBF1046F.jpeg
45ABD31C-33F1-486F-BC83-6E1BA2C32AD7.jpeg
For mites or white flies If you are careful I've used and seen some people use a lint roller that isn't overly sticky and roll over the infected areas in certain parts and that helps with getting them under control.

Morning mr.Irie nice to meet ya brother, I'm down in kzn so glad to see another Saffa joining the gang, I can't believe @Lerugged hasnt made it round yet, I see you met mr.Strain....
You the first person I know whose running the " helderberg " genetics as I've been tempted by 2-3 strains from this breeder but been a bit hesitant to pull the trigger....
I spoke to Nico from biltong&buds and he vouches for for the breeder whose asked to remain anonymous so I'm going to follow if you don't mind.....

Very cool irie lion!

Those double Glocks do look a lot stockier than the others which is very typical of indicas. All look nice and healthy. Good job beating the mites!
Thanks @FoNz!
Yes for sure - the Dbl Glocks will probably yield half of what the others will, but it will be a fun grow and fun smoke.

Morning mr.Irie nice to meet ya brother, I'm down in kzn so glad to see another Saffa joining the gang, I can't believe @Lerugged hasnt made it round yet, I see you met mr.Strain....
You the first person I know whose running the " helderberg " genetics as I've been tempted by 2-3 strains from this breeder but been a bit hesitant to pull the trigger....
I spoke to Nico from biltong&buds and he vouches for for the breeder whose asked to remain anonymous so I'm going to follow if you don't mind.....
Yep yep. Morning. I'm in ct as well .enjoying a late lie in after trim time yesterday.
Thanks for stopping by guys, its always nice having saffas around.
@Smeegol - I do like biltong&buds, always quick and efficient. I got my Helderberg genetics from them!
It is my first time growing their genetic but i am enjoying it so far - the Durban Poison X Sour Grape (Zululand Sour) is a seriously vigorous grower and i will definitely do a full run of it one day - so far the Glue X Sour Grape (Suur Bek) has been dragging behind quite a bit but it is still a pleasure to grow and i have seen only good things from the Glue strain. Anyway i do have all their genetics on hand so over the next couple grows i will try one or two here and there! :snowboating:

Those are interesting crosses from helderberg and the glue factor is a magnet. I ran some GG auto by fastbudz but freaked out mid flower when I saw caterpillars so I hit them hard with some Margaret Roberts and sent them to canna heaven....haha

I mainly grow outdoors but got some DIY Chinese LEDs to give indoor a whirl nut the lights started blowing/fusing so it's mainly vegging indoors at the moment and flowering outside in 10lt bags...

But I'm looking at the qb's from growopz their 320w but the piggy bank isn't quite full yet...

Hey guys! Time for an update. Day 50 for the girls.
The plants have filled out well after the last defoliation and the growth has been good.
All the ladies have shown preflower which is great as both the Sour Grape crosses were regular seed and I got lucky with both being female.
My MH has blown and I’m running the HPS now, I’m close to flower so I will probably let it be for now.
I’d like everyone’s advise and input - I am planning on flipping the plants to 12/12 on Wednesday - so another 4 days of veg. Would you guys let them go a bit longer?
Another question - check the two Dbl glocks - at first I thought it was just completely different phenotype’s but now I’m feeling like they are completely different strains. Double Glock by Ripper Seeds is a 100% indica, but Dbl Glock 1 looks like more of an hybrid for me as it gets older. Let me know what you guys think. I’ll know for sure once we get into flower.
Thanks to everyone for joining my journal!
Peace
498FAC46-4694-42D5-A2BC-C03732A7F7D9.jpeg
040EB450-C031-4D39-A5D5-E43BDA1A91EB.jpeg
F43ECEDA-E5C9-4336-8404-D43EDBB07051.jpeg
C316647E-DC2D-4CF7-8A16-AB1CFE4D21BE.jpeg
548F9462-A336-482B-8C7C-28C4E5F0953F.jpeg
9DFCB077-93CF-47BC-8BAF-5BE65473FA5F.jpeg
66856CA1-66C8-40D7-A780-47A417F1A2B5.jpeg
8C1F64C0-7A00-4D3D-906D-5852C750205F.jpeg
F4395197-1400-4939-B0FE-1E03A87D52F7.jpeg

Just make sure you compensate for head space. Especially throwing it under HPS lights. It's hard to tell though from the pictures them not being in the box. Don't forget they might double depending on the strain In height if not more. The Durban Poison x grape might grow one big cola and the under brush might get blocked by the other plants. I used to grow mine like that. When I started training LST I would mess up and train them by pulling the side branches down completely ignoring the center. That causes that center branch to shoot up being taller than the rest and you end up running out of space. Before flowering it you can always top it and take it as a clone then let the rest bush up. If it's not too stiff you can still pull it down and let the rest bush out.

It looks like you might have a lot of undergrowth that will not see light. Just some food for thought man. I ran into those issues and just trying to keep you from the headache. Other than that They look good! OH ever think about a scrog?

Hey @Smeegol how is biltong & buds have you order from them yet?

Back
Top Bottom