Up’s First Indoor Grow: 400/600W HPS Soil Sour Diesel & Aurora Indica

I try to keep my RH with seedlings at around 60-70% and I lower it a little when they're vegging but not much more. Say 40-60%. It's good to know the humidifier works.

That makes sense, the higher humidity for the seedlings while they’re so fragile and have underdeveloped roots....

Yeah the humidifier really makes a notable difference. RH inside tent was always 30-40, but now with the humidifier it’s sitting at a nice 60 or so....

Day 02:
Most of the seeds have now successfully sprouted, all but the OG Kush autos. I think I might have drowned those seeds by leaving them in too wet paper towels for too long :( (Even tho ALL the seeds went through the exact same process...)but 1 of the 3 OG seeds did germinate when I planted it, although seems to be battling to get above the surface.lets give it a few more days...
Anyway, That’s why we germ multiple seeds I suppose...

Seems I might be doing 4 strains only then...

Other than that all seems good.

Adeus...

068D6B66-3A23-4C31-8D88-B0D8384A65A2.jpeg
0DFC4E4C-2F62-4FFB-BC75-3673F2AE99FD.jpeg
E922957E-666B-4C62-8B6D-2FC3103C0623.jpeg
24F0E5B4-245F-4846-BADA-FEA24F0EE06B.jpeg

Looking great! It’s absolut normal that sometimes seeds don’t germinate. I’ve had the same with my pineapple express seeds. I had 6 and only 2 sprouted after 4 days in paper towels and 48 hours in distilled water.

Don’t beat yourself up. We’re always buying seed but you never know how old that seed is...
True that...
Seems they were just happy staying dormant. Funny you say that @Madkushy cos my outdoor plants ( which went into my mini-greenhouse today before they start flowering end of the month) they are growing like crazy, and they come from a few seeds I collected from “seedless” weed bought over the years. But believe it or not those seeds have been stored for about 8-10yrs!maybe more!
I’ve just never had the means to grow them like I do now....

But it must be said, not all the seeds I stored germinated. I lost about 3 of 10

Quick update...

Seems the ones that have shown are liking it in here :)
I can see 1 of the Kush seeds making an appearance on the soil surface so hopefully by tomorrow 1 of them will be up aswell.

As you can see I’ve put them on top a spare table I had standing outside unused, just to make it easier to water etc.. I hosed the table off thoroughly to avoid bringing in any possible contaminants.... Lights are about 50cm from plants and still going at 250w only for now...

Also I gave them a little water at ph 6,5 today...

Will report back in a few days....

Happy growing....;)
29AE791B-0290-4D00-95D8-F2B1314BFD89.jpeg
6D13A096-8014-46AA-9AE4-53CCAC05A38C.jpeg
E858C446-9BCD-49CB-82EE-FB5DF678C104.jpeg
ACFB56EF-4A30-4E8D-AF60-06A3B250C136.jpeg

Just wanted to show what I’ve also got going outside since the start of November.

They’re just starting to show first signs of flowering. Should be done by end of Feb-middle March. I’m very excited. can’t wait
8BE0E28A-42BA-4BC2-B7E4-4F39150EEBBA.jpeg
75DC282B-9CAD-4E90-B97F-090D5F8BABBA.jpeg
41F233B2-DEE3-43CD-AA56-55CC089054C5.jpeg
499F394F-C7A5-47C6-B018-ACF3861FB07C.jpeg

Quick update...

Seems the ones that have shown are liking it in here :)
I can see 1 of the Kush seeds making an appearance on the soil surface so hopefully by tomorrow 1 of them will be up aswell.

As you can see I’ve put them on top a spare table I had standing outside unused. I hosed it off thoroughly to avoid bringing in any possible contaminants.... Lights are about 50cm from plants and still going at 250w only for now.

Will report back in a few days....

Happy growing....;)
29AE791B-0290-4D00-95D8-F2B1314BFD89.jpeg
6D13A096-8014-46AA-9AE4-53CCAC05A38C.jpeg
E858C446-9BCD-49CB-82EE-FB5DF678C104.jpeg
ACFB56EF-4A30-4E8D-AF60-06A3B250C136.jpeg
Happy to hear and see they’re doing well! Good job!!!

Day 02:
Most of the seeds have now successfully sprouted, all but the OG Kush autos. I think I might have drowned those seeds by leaving them in too wet paper towels for too long :( (Even tho ALL the seeds went through the exact same process...)but 1 of the 3 OG seeds did germinate when I planted it, although seems to be battling to get above the surface.lets give it a few more days...
Anyway, That’s why we germ multiple seeds I suppose...

Seems I might be doing 4 strains only then...

Other than that all seems good.

Adeus...

068D6B66-3A23-4C31-8D88-B0D8384A65A2.jpeg
0DFC4E4C-2F62-4FFB-BC75-3673F2AE99FD.jpeg
E922957E-666B-4C62-8B6D-2FC3103C0623.jpeg
24F0E5B4-245F-4846-BADA-FEA24F0EE06B.jpeg
she is dark green lovely little girl

Wow those outside ones look beautiful
Thank you @Madkushy i had them growing purely outdoor up until last weekend.found this very cheap little greenhouse online and just had to get it!!!decided it would be great for their flowering...

I kinda used them as training for this indoor grow. Been topping(very late, like 10days ago) and topping them since small(did some pruning today actually) and I will use some of the things I’ve learned here on the indoor grow..

There’s another beautiful plant also. visually very sativa dominant but no space for here unfortunately :(

Yes they are @Growingasmile i just wish there was some way to speed things up lol
I wonder if I can start using a very low dosage of nutrients for my next watering in 2 days or so???

What do you think??
I have done micro doses of nutes for my freshly cloned girls they seem to take off faster, if you get even close to normal doses you will burn your plant before it has a chance to heal

I have micro doses of nutes for my freshly cloned girls they seem to take off faster, if you get even close to normal doses you will burn your plant before it has a chance to heal
@Growingasmile I have the General Hydroponics trio range. I will use maybe a 1/4 dose of their suggested “First true leaves dosage”...

Wouldn’t want to ruin them so early ....I’ve grown a few outdoor plants in pots but never bothered with nutes before. Only organic fertilizers and stuff. So this is kinda new to me

I wish I could grow outside like you but don't have a garden though and don't think the neigbours would like it. I would be hesitant to add nutes so early. At this stage less is more as their roots are still developping. Waiting is the worst!!! Do you also constantly check in on them to see how they're doing?

Regarding the nutes, in all honestly I think you’re right @Madkushy , I will rather wait a week or 2 and be on the safe side....wouldn’t want to ruin these expensive seeds by burning them. I’m just very excited that’s all.....
...and YES! I check on them many times a day when I’m at home lol. Think we’re gonna become best friends my plants and I hahaha :p
Sometimes I just stand over them looking at them. Almost like a chicken guarding its eggs :rofl:

I must say, growing outside is awesome yes. But like I’ve mentioned before, when it hits 37C outside like today (and even as high up to 42C in February) it’s no joke. The plants really struggle. And that’s partly why I got that little greenhouse for them. To protect against the elements and also to keep neigbours eyes away cos they are getting very big indeed

Yeah, it would be the same here growing in summer. Spring would b the way to go. You sound just like me, constantly checking on them. Oh well, at least you know they're ok :)
Haha indeed. I might have a problem. But I can’t help it. they’re my babies:p

That’s what happens when it’s your first grow I suppose

Back
Top Bottom