Here we go again folks. Firstly I have to give a big thanks to @ViparSpectra for the opportunity. They have generously provided the fantastic XS2000 for me to run on this grow.

Here's a link to my unboxing review of the XS2000. I'll follow up with some more details on the light here in another post.

So this time I'll be giving coco coir a go. I recently bought an Autopot kit and thought it would be a great time to try coco. I'd previously been put off because of the hassle of watering multiple times a day and shifting all the run off. Once they're established in the Autopot system I should just have to keep the reservoir in check.

Details for the grow.

Light - ViparSpectra XS2000
Tent - 50x90x160cm
Extraction - AC Infinity Cloudline S4 extraction fan
Filter 4" carbon filter
Air movement - Various USB fans Inc AC Infinity 120mm case fans
Substrate - Ecothrive coco lite
Containers - 15L Autopots
Nutrients - Shogun Fertilisers
Seeds - White Widow X Northern Lights (@Weed Seeds Express), Blue Cheese & Mac N Cheese (Original Big Buddha Family Farms).

I'm actually starting these off under the ViparSpectra XS1000. Hopefully they'll forgive me. Lol. I thought it's actually a great way to show off another VS light and how these smaller lights can be so useful to have. For most of us we're having to watch our energy consumption. Which is something we should try to do anyway, but it's kinda been forced on us now. To me it doesn't make sense to use the XS2000 to start off a few seedlings. The lower powered XS1000 is more than capable and will be more economical to get things started. As soon as they get their little feet planted they'll get the might of the bigger light.

Germination
So, my last few grows I've germinated by placing seeds direct into the substrate in a small cup. This has been with soil, pure perlite and now coco. All with great success. I used to soak seeds in shot glasses and then plant them once they'd germinated but I don't think I'll go back to that. I encourage you all to germinate your seeds in whichever way works for you, but for me this is the easiest way.

I prepped three solo cups with coco and watered thoroughly with Shogun Start & Shogun Katana Roots at a pH of 5.8. I also added a little Orca. Dropped the seeds on Thursday evening and today we have 2 babies and the 3rd making her way up.
PXL_20230205_211109071~3.jpg

Blue Cheese
PXL_20230205_210945845~2.jpg

Mac N Cheese
PXL_20230205_210957904~2.jpg

That was quite a long post so well done if you actually read it all. If you skimmed through, fair play. 😂 While we wait for the babies to start moving I'll follow up with posts including light specs and strain info.

Bit of info on the XS2000.

XS2000 G.png
XS2000 F.png
XS2000 E.png
XS2000 D.png
XS2000 A.png
XS2000 B.png
XS2000 C.png

• 【TOP PERFORMANCE】Adopt the latest high-quality Samsung LM301B LEDs with high energy efficiency. Generate usable lighting and provide good light canopy penetration.
  • 【DIMMING DAISY CHAIN】Daisy chain function allows you to connect up to 20pcs XS2000 grow lights for your commercial growing, horizontal and vertical farming, greenhouse planting and hydroponics.
  • 【OPTIMAL FULL SPECTRUM】Consists of 660nm of red led, 3000K and 5000K of white led and IR led, optimal full spectrum led grow lights.
  • 【Mean Well Driver】240W Mean Well driver helps achieve high PAR output and longer lifespan. Boost yields and save electric costs.
  • 【Dimmer Function】4 Levels brightness allows you to adjust light intensity from 0% to 100% brightness.
  • 【Friendly Design】Large heat sinks ensure an ideal cooling system. No fans zero noise.
  • 【Coverage Area】Perfect for 4’x3’ vegetative coverage at 24” and 4’x2’ flowering coverage at 20” height.
  • 【Worry-free Warranty】36-Month US Local warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.

US site - ViparSpectra® 2023 Upgraded XS2000 220W LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B Diodes & MeanWell Driver

UK site - ViparSpectra® XS2000 220W Cover 4x3ft Samsung LM301B Diodes Mean Well Drive QB Version Led Grow Light

Let's try a few tags. All are welcome. The more the merrier. Sorry if I don't tag everyone. Please don't feel obligated to follow along, I know there's a lot of great journals to keep up with. I really appreciate any time and input given here.
@InTheShed @Carcass @Grand Daddy Black @Skunksta @Trala @Roy Growin @GreenFingaz @Bill284 @Rexer @Stunger @greenvein @gwhunran @OGpapa @Cola Monster @DonkeyDick @Buds Buddy @Gandalfthewhite @Krissi Carbone
Mate you'll love that light it's awesome. thanks for the tag letsss goooooo 😏

Thanks for the tag Vet! I'm in for the show.

Nice light and cute babies! :)

Thanks for the tag VetSmoke. :thanks:

Thank You, Vet!
I don't really like jumping in in the middle, so, by golly,
I'm gonna follow this one from the start!

Good morning Vet. :ciao:
Love me some Coco.:thumb:
Hope everything is going well my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bi😎

Bit of info on the White Widow x Northern Lights from @Weed Seeds Express to start with. I've been excited about doing this one for a while. I loved both strains on their own and used to mix the two in my grinder.
white-widow-x-northern-light-plant~2.jpg

When an inspired cross is created between the genetics of two of the most legendary strains, the chances are that something truly unique will emerge. That's certainly the case with White Widow x Northern Lights.
Because White Widow x Northern Lights contains a large proportion of Indica genetics, and you can expect the smoke to have the same effect. A pleasant feeling of euphoria, powerful, physical and very pleasant to experience. This makes White Widow x Northern Lights a very effective pain reliever and wonderful during an evening on the couch.

The addition of the genetics of White Widow offers a slightly more cerebral effect. This powerful cerebral effect kicks in fairly soon after smoking, and might even give you a bit of an energy boost. Not much later, the calming effect will definitely take over.

Specifications​

THC level 25 %
CBD level 1 %
Type Indica dominant
Sativa 10 %
Indica 90 %
Genetics White Widow x Northern Lights
Yield indoor 500-600 grams per m2
Yield outdoor 600-700 grams per plant
Height indoor 60-110 cm
Height outdoor 100-150 cm
Flowering time 56-63 days
Fungal resistance High
Grower profile Beginner
SOG/SCROG Yes
Cultivation Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimatePolar, Temperate, Mediterranean
Flavors Earthy, Woody, Pine
Effects Energetic, Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed
Terpenes Phytol, Borneol, Eucalyptol, Valencene, Alpha Humulene, Beta Pinene, Alpha Pinene, Beta Caryophyllene, Limonene

Good morning Vet. :ciao:
Love me some Coco.:thumb:
Hope everything is going well my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bi😎
All good so far thanks mate. I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on with coco. The WWxNL is up and just needs to shake off the casing. Should have 3 little green babies by the end of today. That's successful mission launch in my books.

Bit of info on the White Widow x Northern Lights from @Weed Seeds Express to start with. I've been excited about doing this one for a while. I loved both strains on their own and used to mix the two in my grinder.
white-widow-x-northern-light-plant~2.jpg

When an inspired cross is created between the genetics of two of the most legendary strains, the chances are that something truly unique will emerge. That's certainly the case with White Widow x Northern Lights.
Because White Widow x Northern Lights contains a large proportion of Indica genetics, and you can expect the smoke to have the same effect. A pleasant feeling of euphoria, powerful, physical and very pleasant to experience. This makes White Widow x Northern Lights a very effective pain reliever and wonderful during an evening on the couch.

The addition of the genetics of White Widow offers a slightly more cerebral effect. This powerful cerebral effect kicks in fairly soon after smoking, and might even give you a bit of an energy boost. Not much later, the calming effect will definitely take over.

Specifications​

THC level 25 %
CBD level 1 %
Type Indica dominant
Sativa 10 %
Indica 90 %
Genetics White Widow x Northern Lights
Yield indoor 500-600 grams per m2
Yield outdoor 600-700 grams per plant
Height indoor 60-110 cm
Height outdoor 100-150 cm
Flowering time 56-63 days
Fungal resistance High
Grower profile Beginner
SOG/SCROG Yes
Cultivation Indoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimatePolar, Temperate, Mediterranean
Flavors Earthy, Woody, Pine
Effects Energetic, Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed
Terpenes Phytol, Borneol, Eucalyptol, Valencene, Alpha Humulene, Beta Pinene, Alpha Pinene, Beta Caryophyllene, Limonene
Love a stocky indica 🤙

Well unfortunately I've had to drop another WWxNL seed. I got ahead of myself. She popped above ground the other day but the casing was still pretty closed. That hadn't changed by this evening and something seemed off. I gently pried open the casing and there was no sign of cotyledons. Just some pale brown matter of some sort. Ah well. I consider myself to be pretty fortunate with seeds as this is maybe the 3rd I haven't ended up with a plant from.

IN!

sorry about your loss bro. (seedling)
Hope things are good to ya this round Bro!

Back
Top Bottom